2018 Matt Nichols

Matty should stay off social media criticizing fans as he's been treated very good by Bomber fans since he got here. It would be unfortunate if he said something he regretted later. He should talk to Dieter Brock about how cruel fans can be as he was called stupid & dumb for years by a lot of fans here. They were cruel & vicious. Good thing social media didn't exist back in the 70's.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ill say this... He looks scared to get hit. Its almost like everytime he feels pressure he starts to get scared.. I personally think he's injury prone and he knows it. Our oline is pretty good and he doesn't get hit much but when he does he looks pissed and struggles to get up. Perhaps all his injuries have caught up to him and mentally hes scared because physically hes broken

He got hammered plenty tonight, sacks or not he's getting hit quite often.

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ill say this... He looks scared to get hit. Its almost like everytime he feels pressure he starts to get scared.. I personally think he's injury prone and he knows it. Our oline is pretty good and he doesn't get hit much but when he does he looks pissed and struggles to get up. Perhaps all his injuries have caught up to him and mentally hes scared because physically hes broken

I agree mostly.  I ain't gonna say he is injury prone, but it does look like he is thinking about his future when getting chased/hit/knocked down etc etc 

I’m a huge Matt Nichols guy but you can’t help but notice he’s been bad this year. Don’t whine about the fans noticing and being unhappy with it. Keep your head down, work at it and strive to be better.

The scariest part this year, to be honest, is the offence seems to lack confidence when he’s in there lately. Streveler goes in today and suddenly it looked like we had some confidence back for a moment. Nichols jogs back on? Gone.

That is not good.

Just now, Mike said:

I’m a huge Matt Nichols guy but you can’t help but notice he’s been bad this year. Don’t whine about the fans noticing and being unhappy with it. Keep your head down, work at it and strive to be better.

The scariest part this year, to be honest, is the offence seems to lack confidence when he’s in there lately. Streveler goes in today and suddenly it looked like we had some confidence back for a moment. Nichols jogs back on? Gone.

That is not good.

Lapo’s playcalling lacks confidence.  He said in his interview with CJOB this week that he’s basically forcing the deep routes in an attempt to make the offense diverse so it does not stagnate.  I think we’re getting past that in terms of the passing game.  It’s Harris or bust.

Just now, Mike said:

One pays to watch and the other gets paid to play. Do your job.

That’s an emotional response too.  He wasn’t great but he doesn’t play the game by himself.   And while the fans can feel any way they want as paying fans, it doesn’t demolish the honest feelings of the player. 

He wasn’t insulting the fans. He said it hurt because he was giving it his all.  He can under perform and still be working hard and feel hurt. He’s obviously an emotional guy.  

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That’s an emotional response too.  He wasn’t great but he doesn’t play the game by himself.   And while the fans can feel any way they want as paying fans, it doesn’t demolish the honest feelings of the player. 

He wasn’t insulting the fans. He said it hurt because he was giving it his all.  He can under perform and still be working hard and feel hurt. He’s obviously an emotional guy.  

Meh, I didn’t like it when VA did it and I don’t like it now.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He said it hurt to hear the fans booing. That’s an emotional response by the fans and an emotional response by Matt. And it’s understandable. 

He wouldn't have been booed if O'Shea hadn't put him back in the game. This is something O'Shea has got to realize, the fans were angry and getting booed is not going to help Nichols confidence. 

I could not agree more that Nichols should absolutely keep his yap shut about the booing for the reasons others have already cited. I also agree that the fans were booing, at least in part, MOS' decision to re-insert Nichols (more than Nichols himself, per se). But let's not kid ourselves here. The fans were also booing because Streveler had provided just a little spark in a game in which - outside of his two successful deep shots - Matty had struggled mightily. Us fans were genuinely excited to see Streveler bringing a little something different.

And then coach kills that spark...

Plus it just defies about a 100 cumulative years of football coaching acumen to put your starter back in the game after he has just been dinged up when you are down 24 points.

I mean, holy %$#^, talk about stupid.

And stubborn. And ridiculous on so many fronts. If Matt's sore at anyone, he should be sore at his coach for putting Matt and Bomber fans alike in a terrible position. I mean, of course he freakin' wants to go back in the game and finish up with his troops (which is what he said on the post game show) but it's the head coach's &^%ing job to take that decision away from his player because the coach is supposed to see a bigger picture. Nichols went on to say he'd also want to finish up the game if we were up by 24 as well. Well, d'uh he would! But that wouldn't make that the right call in that situation either.

To sum up: the game is over, Nichols is dinged, Streveler is moving the ball, the fans are feeling a spark....WTF? I mean, just unbelievable decision-making from our head coach.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd