Pass catcher performance NI vs Imp.

wbbfan

I was poking around the stats and found some thing interesting. We all know harris is a huge part of our passing attack and offense in general. What really surprised me was the production totals of our NI pass catchers vs the imps. Now its a bit skewed with bowman up to last week but even then, we have hardly used petermann and simonise who have both shown some exceptional flashes. Petermann with some tough as nails blocking and tremendous speed on the reverse and simonise burning the pants off one of the best dbs in the league a few weeks back. For simplicity im ignoring the one catch by each of the none pass catching positions.

Adams, dressler, bowman, thompkins 

60 catches on 115 passing attempts 52.1% 820 yards 7.13 YPA 4 tds

demski, harris, wolitarsky, petermann, lafrance, and simonise. (the last three each have 2 catches) 

71 catches on 93 passing attempts 76.3% 764 yards 8.21 YPA 8 tds. 

When you factor in rushing yards, the canadians are the biggest producers on offense for us. When is the last time that happened? There has been a bit of talk in other threads about our WR core vs other teams. The depth and quality of our canadian play makers is heavily under rated league wide. We have some serious skill and talent in the NI dept on offense. 

For all of last year our totals were;

165 catches , 212 passing attempts 77.8% 1490 yards 7.02 YPA 4 tds. 

Our NIs this year would be on track for 2292 yards and 24 tds. 

10 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And that’s with Petermann, Simonise and Lafrance basically not playing offense.  I think Petermann and Simonise can and will play a big role in the offense down the stretch.

Peterman has been impressive since the preseason games. 

1 hour ago, Engelwood said:

Looks like the league forced the hand on this one as they said the league will not register any further contracts on Messam.

That’s funny.

That will be his defence. That he’s sick and can’t control himself. The victim was an ex. He’ll go for counselling. Apologize. He didn’t mean to hurt anyone. 

What the honest to goodness scary aspect of the charge is: he was watching an unsuspecting and vulnerable someone, using his primal urges, and got caught. The person being watced must have seen this oversized, muscular, physically fit criminal, intently watching and enjoying himself. That must be horrifying in a real sense to have caught the creep. Without exception, a female has no way of defending herself against the lecherous beast. 

Edited by Rod Black

9 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

That’s funny.

That will be his defence. That he’s sick and can’t control himself. He’ll go for counselling. Apologize. He didn’t mean to hurt anyone. 

What the honest to goodness scary aspect of the charge is: he was watching an unsuspecting and vulnerable someone, using his primal urges, and got caught. The person being watced must have seen this oversized, muscular, physically fit criminal, intently watching and enjoying himself. That must be horrifying in a real sense to have caught the creep. Without exception, a female has no way of defending herself against the lecherous beast. 

Or... he secretly recorded himself and his partner having sex.  Not as dramatic as your scenario, I realize.

"a Calgary Police spokeswoman said the charge “relates to the alleged video-taping of a consensual sexual encounter with a victim.

“It is alleged the video-taping was done without the person’s consent.”

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/30/riders-release-canadian-rb-jerome-messam-after-criminal-charge/

Edited by WBBFanWest

22 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Or... he secretly recorded himself and his partner having sex.  Not as dramatic as your scenario, I realize.

"a Calgary Police spokeswoman said the charge “relates to the alleged video-taping of a consensual sexual encounter with a victim.

“It is alleged the video-taping was done without the person’s consent.”

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/30/riders-release-canadian-rb-jerome-messam-after-criminal-charge/

Not as dramatic. He’s culpable enough to have obtained a criminal charge and creating a victim. 

It is arguably even worse for him to have nonconsensually initiate and posess a video of a woman with all her junk exposed. 

There is absolutely no reason to have recorded her. He wants family videos for the wedding? 

The update does clarify a beef so we dont have to let our imaginations run wild. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow there's actually nothing that TBurgess can do that doesn't somehow offend you.

Surprised you didn't go off on some tangent that his re-post of a tweet was too negative...  ha

Hey, it's the seer!  Great to hear from you again.  Any thoughts about the future you'd like to share?

25 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Hey, it's the seer!  Great to hear from you again.  Any thoughts about the future you'd like to share?

Yes, I suppose I could predict that you'll find something to act outraged and sanctimonious about...  that wouldn't really prove my psychic powers though.

All in good fun...  your TBurg tweet post was good for a chuckle today, no worries.

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They spent the cash in free agency and draft picks to get more Canadians in the offensive game, it's paid off cause they targeted guys like Demski who fit what Lapo wants to do perfectly. 

We hammered away with picks for a while and finally drafted really well at wr. 

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And that’s with Petermann, Simonise and Lafrance basically not playing offense.  I think Petermann and Simonise can and will play a big role in the offense down the stretch.

Mhm. Very limited action. But when they give those guys chances, they show some thing. A far cry from the past. 

What really pops for me is the completion percentage jump for the NIs, especially wolitarsky. We gotta get more touches for that guy.