Week 4 Hamilton @ Saskatchewan

johnzo

27 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Riders offence is awful. Really need help on the O-Line and until that is addressed I'm not too sure how long our QB's will survive. No one planning any parade in November lol. I felt bad for Bridge and Watford running for their lives behind that O-Line. I was impressed with how Watford ran the ball though. Defense was good, but confusing as f**k. Never knew where anyone was on the field as they kept switching positions. Thank God for Hughes.  

Agreed...but also, you guys do not have a QB that will take you anywhere...Collaros included. 5 wins will be a high water mark for you guys this year I think and thats only if your defense plays lights out all year long..and they won't as there is no depth there..and injuries will happen

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Agreed...but also, you guys do not have a QB that will take you anywhere...Collaros included. 5 wins will be a high water mark for you guys this year I think and thats only if your defense plays lights out all year long..and they won't as there is no depth there..and injuries will happen

Well, behind the current O-Line, I don't think Reilly would win too many games. I think there is potential with Bridge, but hard for him to settle in when he's constantly under pressure. As far as Collaros goes, I was, (like many others) skeptical about how he would perform. Jury is still out on that.  I think we will win more than 5 games this year, how many more, I couldn't say.. (ps.. you guys want Hurl back?)

12 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Well, behind the current O-Line, I don't think Reilly would win too many games. I think there is potential with Bridge, but hard for him to settle in when he's constantly under pressure. As far as Collaros goes, I was, (like many others) skeptical about how he would perform. Jury is still out on that.  I think we will win more than 5 games this year, how many more, I couldn't say.. (ps.. you guys want Hurl back?)

hahah...nope his ole role looks just fine there 

Pretty sure a savvy vet and a guy who can read a defense would do okay there...a lot of the issues is your QB's cant get past a first read, or recognize coverage for a hot read and the defense knows it, and is not concerned about it. Poor personnel management by Jones isn't helping and dumping those vet receivers for new guys, who don't see the things they should isn't helping the cause either, but a veteran QB could work with that and make things work...but you don't have that currently, and looks like you won't have that this year either

If I'm coaching Saskatchewan...  I would just toss deep bombs each play and hope to get a penalty or circus catch...   that offense has zero ability to run functional short to medium length designed plays.   The QB's are constantly under siege. 

Jones coached a great game, but Hamilton playing max pro all game took the heat off the Riders awful secondary and allowed the Riders to contain Masoli. Jones gave everyone a blueprint on how to beat Hamilton but he won't have that luxury against any other teams in the CFL.

Edited by gcn11

3 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...it's bizarre...speaks to the character of the guys on defense to follow the script and not go rogue and abandon the scheme, but on the flip side, I hope that conversations were not had by the players and with Hall to adjust or if they could do something else if they see something on the field , and have Hall say no....this would not be a good thing, and certainly after that game, and watching how a different team approached that offence, that changes have been made.

We have better players overall in our back-end with Randle, Fenner, Leggett, Loffler, Bighill and JSK as opposed to Jovon, Gainey, Edam, Butler, Hurl and Eugoven...so for us to not scheme against teams better and shut them down is soley on the Co-Ordinator

The big difference is the Riders have a better D-line than the Bombers. The only reason why the Riders won yesterday was because they rushed the QB. They didn't rush against Montreal and they lost.

54 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

The big difference is the Riders have a better D-line than the Bombers. The only reason why the Riders won yesterday was because they rushed the QB. They didn't rush against Montreal and they lost.

I would have to disagree there..Evans and whatever they play beside him are inferior to Poop and Nevis...Why they got so worked up over there thinking Evans was this beast is beyond me...Jefferson is good..Hughes hit and miss and looking like he isn't an every down dude no more and all the back-ups there are marginal..They didn't get a lot of pressure yesterday..there were many times Masoli could have went through his reads 2x ..

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

They didn't get pressure unless they blitzed, and blitz a few guys. It wasn't just their 4 man front getting the pressure. They blitzed 50% of the Defensive plays last night which is a stat from Derrick Taylor.

Edited by Bigblue204

when they ran their sad 3 man front scheme Masoli had all day back there..watching Evans try to get penetration dealing with 2 guys was sad to watch...definitely not worth the money they have tied into him

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

when they ran their sad 3 man front scheme Masoli had all day back there..watching Evans try to get penetration dealing with 2 guys was sad to watch...definitely not worth the money they have tied into him

Doesn't surprise me. What did surprise me was Hamilton going away from their max protection. It wasn't working well because of the blitzing, but having only 5 blocking was worse.

47 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That Kroeker officiating crew is having a hell of a time with RTP calls.  Will be interesting to see if they get cut at Labour Day.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. The crew we had to watch last Friday wasn't much better, led by what looked like a variation of the Frankenstein Monster.

6 hours ago, szaroz71 said:

5300acab28a9f27c712e42528dd0911b--kevin-

Despite my disappointment at the Rider win, I am not going to get my dainty underthings all bunched up. Hamilton played flat and matched the Riders for ineptitude, but the Riders were only a bit less terrible, and so won. The lesson: even a blind squirrel will find the odd acorn. Still no reason for joy in Pile O' Bones.