Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

2 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

For all on here that want him jailed can we please send the bill for his room and board to you.  Is the guy a moron, no question,  is he or will he be the only moron that will or could be busted for pot.....? Not friggin likely.  The time, effort and expense of all this could be better spent on other issues. 

No one wants Carter jailed. I doubt he'll get more than a fine. I hope he gets off.

But the schadenfreude is too good.

Well Edm fans are revolting about the release of Bowman. Fans need to understand that in the Salary Cap era that when you are making top dollar and when a roster bonus is basically locking you in for another year that “ what have you done for me lately” is the order of the day.  Did I get or will I get value for my money becomes the factor in your continued service at the $$$ value.?

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And 30 grams isn't just a joint. That's the line for "intent to traffic", for a reason...

That's just silly.  If I buy 48 rolls of toilet paper, it just means I'm stocking up because I know I'll use it eventually.  Doesn't mean I'm selling toilet paper to the neighbourhood kids.

The quantity isn't the issue, nor is whether or not THC is harmful. The pending legalization for personal use is irrelevant as well. Carter had to know that he is an alien in Canada with permission to be and work here under condition. The Rider fans are contorting themselves to justify Carter and simultaneously crying and wringing their hands about the unfairness of it all.  There are a few sane posters there, but it is a hilarious hissy-fit overall.

21 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That's just silly.  If I buy 48 rolls of toilet paper, it just means I'm stocking up because I know I'll use it eventually.  Doesn't mean I'm selling toilet paper to the neighbourhood kids.

It is stupid. 100% makes no sense. But in this 1 case. I'm 100% for it. Don't jail him though...just send him back home.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Thank you  Atomic for putting perspective to this over blown “crime”.  

This while the government advertises “ do dangerous street drugs with a buddy” or get  your free overdose kit just in case.  To me that is encouraging criminal activity,  and  on the dime of taxpayers.  To me that is the Real Crime.  Is the guy a moron , agreed but drug trafficker?

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Thank you  Atomic for putting perspective to this over blown “crime”.  

This while the government advertises “ do dangerous street drugs with a buddy” or get  your free overdose kit just in case.  To me that is encouraging criminal activity,  and  on the dime of taxpayers.  To me that is the Real Crime.  Is the guy a moron , agreed but drug trafficker?

To give you a sense of perspective, safe injection sites and other such measures for harm reduction actually save money for the health care system. About 70-80 percent of drug dealer income comes from pot sales and this also brings teens into contact with dealers who will offer freebies of the real bad stuff

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

1) that's not what I said. Adding another game changer and a depth player isn't the entire corps.

2) the 2016 Redblacks would disagree.

Darvin Adams was brought here through FA, so was Dressler, so we get another couple FAs in here then yeah it's pretty much the entire group brought in via free agency. Hell even JFG and Coates were brought in as free agents. Just so tired of always needing to rely on free agents to get receivers. Walters ain't done a good job bringing in receivers. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Really? That’s just silly. If I buy 48 automatic weapons, it just means I’m stocking up because I know I’ll use it eventually. Doesn’t mean I’m selling automatic weapons to the neighbourhood kids. 

6 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Marijuana possession of over 30 grams, almost always, is a charge of possession with the intent to traffic. I am wondering if that isn't his specific marijuana charge here in Manitoba. What was he doing here on November 25th you ask? My guess is visiting Jordan Reaves....lmao.

Even a high Duron Carter isn't stupid enough to waste Grey Cup weekend in Regina.

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Really? That’s just silly. If I buy 48 automatic weapons, it just means I’m stocking up because I know I’ll use it eventually. Doesn’t mean I’m selling automatic weapons to the neighbourhood kids. 

You may be misunderstanding the druggie mindset.