Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

I guess I just can’t forget the Mack era, where we kept rationalizing the lack of free agent signings with ‘well they are scouting down south, we’ll have good players in camp.’ The truth is you have to do both. If Walters needs free agency to find quality receivers but uses the scouting pipeline to unearth players like Jackson Jeffcoat, Poop Johnson, and Manase Foketi, then I say so be it.

10 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I guess I just can’t forget the Mack era, where we kept rationalizing the lack of free agent signings with ‘well they are scouting down south, we’ll have good players in camp.’ The truth is you have to do both. If Walters needs free agency to find quality receivers but uses the scouting pipeline to unearth players like Jackson Jeffcoat, Poop Johnson, and Manase Foketi, then I say so be it.

JSK Walker Alexander... The scouting have found several players... Just no receivers. So be it. 

I'm pretty sure there is not one person that would suggest we don't need free agency...  or that our scouting has not brought in some good players - but receiver and QB have been a noticeable gap in that

We're about to give up some very good defensive players probably because we need cap space to 'overpay' a REC or two in free agency...

Asking for one receiver and one backup QB in four (now five) years is not exactly unreasonable...  I'm hopeful for Straughan but not sold on any of our new REC yet

And fwiw, If he hadn't made a moronic decision, I maintain TJ Thorpe was gonna be a star on this team. Who knows what'll happen to him, going forward, but if he wasn't mental, and had stuck it out, he would have done great things in this offense, wth this QB... 

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And fwiw, If he hadn't made a moronic decision, I maintain TJ Thorpe was gonna be a star on this team. Who knows what'll happen to him, going forward, but if he wasn't mental, and had stuck it out, he would have done great things in this offense, wth this QB... 

Thorpe was a scouting product?

A. Scouting. Product.

A receiver procured by scouting...

25 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Given the following function:

f(x) = x4+64x3-20x2-1244045x

a) Find the equation of the line tangent to the curve.
b ) Using the equation from (a), calculate the value of the line tangent given that x = 55.

Show your work.

My derivative skills are pretty rusty. But if the answer is not 55, get out 

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Thorpe was a scouting product?

A. Scouting. Product.

A receiver procured by scouting...

who spent more time on the PR than active roster.... 

Every other team can find receivers why can't we? It took 4 years for the scouting to produce any defensive linemen as well... Now maybe it's been a long process for these guys and they're finally poised to reap the benefits, but all I am saying is that they gotta get that part of things figured out. I have a lot of patience for this group, but if there has been a weakness in their management it's been the scouting thus far. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

who spent more time on the PR than active roster.... 

Every other team can find receivers why can't we? It took 4 years for the scouting to produce any defensive linemen as well... Now maybe it's been a long process for these guys and they're finally poised to reap the benefits, but all I am saying is that they gotta get that part of things figured out. I have a lot of patience for this group, but if there has been a weakness in their management it's been the scouting thus far. 

I am running out of patience with our current scouting, and I suspect that others must be as well. Walters has shown himself to be pretty smart and I hope this applies to his oversight of McManus and Co.

9 minutes ago, tracker said:

I am running out of patience with our current scouting, and I suspect that others must be as well. Walters has shown himself to be pretty smart and I hope this applies to his oversight of McManus and Co.

Goveia and McManus were part of admins that had great REC pipelines...  Rigmaiden too...

18 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Just none that can throw a ball .

I'm not as worried about the track record with QB's.  Winnipeg hasn't really dedicated to developing a QB.  Bennett looked like he has some upside but we went with 3 veterans this past season. The problem with developing QB's is that you don't find out what they are worth until you risk some wins by starting them.  I'm more concerned about finding import receivers at this point. I still think that Thorpe was a good find and Washington and Givens have potential. 

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They have found many bones. 

Walker. Alexander. JSK. Poop. Jeffcoat. To name just a few. 

Not to mention Flanders.

45 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They have found many bones. 

Walker. Alexander. JSK. Poop. Jeffcoat. To name just a few. 

Except every other team has done this as well...  and found receivers...

This is like the old Mack 'we don't need FA' argument

If there's one comment in their favour, its Flanders... but he's like hybrid SB/RB