Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?

USABomberfan

58 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Even with their losing, they are benefited from jumping over to the East. Argoblows and Renegades don't scream powerhouse to me.

A GC final against Sask would be special.

What happened to the whole damn narrative that they'd benefit the most from playing our banged up squad.  Man the posts I've seen on this site lately.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Based on the performances of both teams in the past four games, the Bombers will have a tougher time with the Esks than the Stamps. This could be the year the Bombers get to the Grey Cup and if/when they do, I like their chances.

This year is special and I am convinced we win the cup this year. I have seen the team win in both Edmonton and Calgary this year, first time I have seen them win in either place in person since I moved to Alberta 12 years ago. If that's not a team of destiny I don't know what is.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This year is special and I am convinced we win the cup this year. I have seen the team win in both Edmonton and Calgary this year, first time I have seen them win in either place in person since I moved to Alberta 12 years ago. If that's not a team of destiny I don't know what is.

This is quite the statement... 

I'd feel pretty confident the Bombers could go all the way and win the cup if Nichols health wasn't in quite so much doubt and we had one or two less key injuries.  Then again, if you look at the roster of a team like the Stamps or Esks they have been missing players just as important as Westerman, LEggett and Adams for most of the season so it comes to not having good depth.  

Ah well.  Hopefully they can pull off the victory against the Esks next week.

22 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Win the G.C. this year or not, it appears the team has pulled itself up to the next level and can consistently post 12 win seasons and play competitive, entertaining football against any team in the league.  If they can repeat that performance next season and make it three in a row in the top echelon I'll be satisfied with their progress.   The playoffs often come down to a crap shoot of weather conditions, injuries and teams getting hot at the right time, but as long as they're in the mix every year, you can't ask for much more.  Any one of Wpg., Edm. Cgy or T.O. has a reasonable chance to win the G.C. this year if they are capable of playing their best.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Win the G.C. this year or not, it appears the team has pulled itself up to the next level and can consistently post 12 win seasons and play competitive, entertaining football against any team in the league.  If they can repeat that performance next season and make it three in a row in the top echelon I'll be satisfied with their progress.   The playoffs often come down to a crap shoot of weather conditions, injuries and teams getting hot at the right time, but as long as they're in the mix every year, you can't ask for much more.  Any one of Wpg., Edm. Cgy or T.O. has a reasonable chance to win the G.C. this year if they are capable of playing their best.

Agreed. There's lots of teams that could go on a run and win it all and the consistency year to year is what really matters. 11 and 12 win seasons back to back is awesome and going above .500 next year too means this team has fianlly stopped shooting itself in the foot. That's something we can all enjoy. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, 17to85 said:

You would rather fire a coach than have a championship team.... You sir are a ******* idiot.

I didn't say that. He said he'd keep him for 5 bloody years. Take a pill & chill out, dude.  You can be a real ******* sometimes. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, Noeller said:

Some people just prefer to ***** all the time rather than actually achieve the goal. 

Like WTF? I don't raise a lot of waves around here anymore. I say one ******* thing & it just gets twisted around so you can be a **** disturber trying to look like a hero. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27