Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?

USABomberfan

51 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If we don't win this weekend & we give up a ton of yards defensively, all you guys here will want Hall's head on a platter. That's how this place rolls. 

Nope. Not all. Blue Koolaid is potent. Look at that junkie theaardvark.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I don't think that was exactly the point.  Think the point is Richie Hall isn't some great DC that people think he is.

you have zero reading comprehension skills if you think anyone here believes Richie Hall is a great DC.   Nobody has ever made that claim.   People have said hes serviceable,  we can win with him if the team plays like it can, etc etc.   If we win the GC, I have no issue with him remaining until the wheels fall completely off.  I don't mind a defense that bends and doesn't break.   I like the turnovers and pressure.   Hall's an enigma to me.   He has the defense playing lights out some games, others they look like pee-wee ballers..

consistency needs to be better and then I'd consider calling him good to better lol.

3 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

you have zero reading comprehension skills if you think anyone here believes Richie Hall is a great DC.   Nobody has ever made that claim.   People have said hes serviceable,  we can win with him if the team plays like it can, etc etc.   If we win the GC, I have no issue with him remaining until the wheels fall completely off.  I don't mind a defense that bends and doesn't break.   I like the turnovers and pressure.   Hall's an enigma to me.   He has the defense playing lights out some games, others they look like pee-wee ballers..

consistency needs to be better and then I'd consider calling him good to better lol.

1. Atomic may not have directly made that claim, but his reference to the 2 grey cups Hall happened to benefit from with Austin and Chamblin winning them implies it

2. Hence why he's the equivalent of Marcel Bellefeuille coaching defense

Edited by USABomberfan

4 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

1. Atomic may not have directly made that claim, but his reference to the 2 grey cups Hall happened to benefit from with Austin and Chamblin winning them implies it

2. Hence why he's the equivalent of Marcel Bellefeuille coaching defense

That's a trumpian  level of leap to connect things imo lol

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Maybe it's the circles I run in but as long as I have been around football as a fan and as a coach, I don't think I have ever actually heard a defensive coordinator describe his defense this way. I've never heard  a defensive guy say we are going to give up tons of yardage but will hold them when it matters. Most defensive coordinators I know and hear from scheme their defense to their existing talent base to maximize two and outs and  to force turnovers. If there is a creature like this that describes his defense as a bend don't break, I'd get that out from them in the interview hiring process and would not let him anywhere near my team. 

21 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Maybe it's the circles I run in but as long as I have been around football as a fan and as a coach, I don't think I have ever actually heard a defensive coordinator describe his defense this way. I've never heard  a defensive guy say we are going to give up tons of yardage but will hold them when it matters. Most defensive coordinators I know and hear from scheme their defense to their existing talent base to maximize two and outs and  to force turnovers. If there is a creature like this that describes his defense as a bend don't break, I'd get that out from them in the interview hiring process and would not let him anywhere near my team. 

Both Hall, O'shea and even to an extent Edmtonton have mentioned they utilize a defense that employs this method.  Not sure who you've been talking to but its common enough to me.. hell, teams have been using variations of bend but don't break for years.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Both O'Shea and Hall deny that their D scheme is "bend but don't break" and they've denied it several times over the past two years.  Sheesh.

Thats the kind of thing that makes me trust whatever mike oshea says in the media