Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

Not sure where to put this,  but I was just watching Justin Dunk on Tim and Sid, on top of what seemed like he was taking a shot at rider fans,  he said based on the NFL ppl and CFL ppl he's talked to Johnny Manziel may be coming to the CFL some point this year or next year.  Dunk's got some pretty good connections so I put some stock into what he says.  

Since Hamilton owns his rights, if Collaros continues to struggle, do we see Manziel come in and Masoli take over #1 say by LDC?

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

6 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Not sure where to put this,  but I was just watching Justin Dunk on Tim and Sid, on top of what seemed like he was taking a shot at rider fans,  he said based on the NFL ppl and CFL ppl he's talked to Johnny Manziel may be coming to the CFL some point this year or next year.  Dunk's got some pretty good connections so I put some stock into what he says.  

Since Hamilton owns his rights, if Collaros continues to struggle, do we see Manziel come in and Masoli take over #1 say by LDC?

I'm thinking Johnny Manziel would have no interest in the CFL. Apparently he still has plans on returning to the NFL. His mommy and daddy would be glad to sit him down finance his pleasures and not risk injury playing in our league. The family reportedly is worth more than 50 million dollars. This fella thinks highly enough of himself, that he has applied for trademark of "Johnny Football" as his own. Sounds like a ****** bag to me. With his baggage a **** up here and he'll have no chance at all in the NFL. 

Edited by Rod Black
I thought I spelled his name correctly, but guessing that spell check changed it. In an event, still my responsibility to spell and check a post properly.

16 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

How could the Ti-Cats even afford that?

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd imagine if the Ticats are heading in that direction, they would unload Collaros. Probably swing a trade to Sask for a receiver and draft picks

That's a big contract to unload ($500K this season alone, IIRC).

I think Collaros is not the same QB he was 2-3 years ago. He seems to have lost his cool and collected demeanour.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

That's a big contract to unload ($500K this season alone, IIRC).

I think Collaros is not the same QB he was 2-3 years ago. He seems to have lost his cool and collected demeanour.

well for the Ticats unloading him or outright releasing him is where they would find the money for Manziel, but I think they would try and work a trade first,  if no one bites,  then as Atomic just posted you could 6 game him too.

If another team picked up Collaros I'm sure they would try to restructure his contract

27 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

well for the Ticats unloading him or outright releasing him is where they would find the money for Manziel, but I think they would try and work a trade first,  if no one bites,  then as Atomic just posted you could 6 game him too.

If another team picked up Collaros I'm sure they would try to restructure his contract

Bang on. I don't see anyone paying him that money. He is simply is not worth it. They paid him on what they hoped he would become.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

IMHO I think most people hate Calgary's team the most, it's just whiner nation's fans that everyone hates more.

Bo Levi is only one ****** bag compared to the thousands wearing green.

great call.. I love to hate the Stamps because they've been so dominant for so long lol but I despise rider nation because of their fan base.   So delusional and so arrogant.  never wanted to punch an entire group of people in the throat so badly before.

Trust me when I say that Stamps fans are this close ----> <---- to Riders fans......nearly equal in lack of football knowledge, and maybe worse for how little they care about the team, in spite of the fact that they've had a dominant franchise for nearly a decade....

Just now, Noeller said:

Trust me when I say that Stamps fans are this close ----> <---- to Riders fans......nearly equal in lack of football knowledge, and maybe worse for how little they care about the team, in spite of the fact that they've had a dominant franchise for nearly a decade....

ya thats pretty sad.  you'd think a team with that much of a storied history of late would have fans feverishly following the team.. I know we would, or Id like to think we would.   I mean sure they got the flames but we have the jets and we have a large diehard base.

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

gotta cheer for the stamps. As long as every other team stays ahead of the riders they are all likely in the playoffs (4th getting cross over)  if we win tonight and stamps win tomorrow every team in the west will have a 4+ point cushion on the riders

I'd be cheering for the Stamps too if I was you. Bombers and Riders will be in dogfight for the crossover

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

ya thats pretty sad.  you'd think a team with that much of a storied history of late would have fans feverishly following the team.. I know we would, or Id like to think we would.   I mean sure they got the flames but we have the jets and we have a large diehard base.

Big difference was us losing the Jets and the FLames staying in Cgy. 

Kids nowadays would laugh, but for young sports fans like myself the Bombers were the cool event to be at in Wpg early 2000's.  Of course we cared little for the Leafs, Flames, Oilers etc.  Bombers avg 27,000+ from 2000 - 2003 and we had some great years. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Big difference was us losing the Jets and the FLames staying in Cgy. 

Kids nowadays would laugh, but for young sports fans like myself the Bombers were the cool event to be at in Wpg early 2000's.  Of course we cared little for the Leafs, Flames, Oilers etc.  Bombers avg 27,000+ from 2000 - 2003 and we had some great years. 

very good call.. when the Jets left, it definitely shifted my focus to bombers first and foremost. I followed the Sens close but Bombers were #1 and still are even with Jets 2.0 here.  that probably really cemented the bombers as the #1 for a fair bit of people here come to think of it.

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Well to be completely fair the ones that don't care aren't actually fans. 

That's Calgary though. City with a big time case of LMS.