Our Remaining 4 Games

BBRT

I was wondering what the consensus was around the  Bombers projected finish over the last four games?

BC at Winnipeg

Winnipeg at Toronto

BC at Winnipeg

Winnipeg at Calgary

I am thinking at least 2 wins and maybe 3 might be achievable - If the Bombers can win the next two then what happens in the final two would not matter all that much one would think.

3 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I was wondering what the consensus was around the  Bombers projected finish over the last four games?

BC at Winnipeg

Winnipeg at Toronto

BC at Winnipeg

Winnipeg at Calgary

I am thinking at least 2 wins and maybe 3 might be achievable - If the Bombers can win the next two then what happens in the final two would not matter all that much one would think.

A game like last night makes me very nervous, all of the teams they are facing have the potential to beat the Bombers if they are off again and if Nichols is out they could easily go 0-4.

I assume Calgary rests their starters by the last game of the season so even with that being in Calgary, hard to not feel good about that one. I think Toronto is immensely overrated and arguably aren't even better than Hamilton right now and BC with Jennings is in shambles. With Nicholls we could easily win out. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

I assume Calgary rests their starters by the last game of the season so even with that being in Calgary, hard to not feel good about that one. I think Toronto is immensely overrated and arguably aren't even better than Hamilton right now and BC with Jennings is in shambles. With Nicholls we could easily win out. 

Many were chortling at the plight of the TiCats before the game, and frankly, I didn't see them any better or worse than Toronto or BC. Last night should have been a "gimme" but wasn't. If we can't put the boots to the TiCats, why should we be confident about any of our next four games?

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Many were chortling at the plight of the TiCats before the game, and frankly, I didn't see them any better or worse than Toronto or BC. Last night should have been a "gimme" but wasn't. If we can't put the boots to the TiCats, why should we be confident about any of our next four games?

It could be argued that between Hamilton, Toronto and BC, Hamilton had been playing the best football over the past month and a half. I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but a 10-4 team deserves the benefit of the doubt that more often than not, they will beat an inferior team. 

23 minutes ago, tracker said:

There are no gimme games in professional sports. The CFL is no exception.

The health of our dinged players will have a huge impact on how the next 4 games go. If we have to go with Davis and we can't use the 2 back system because either Harris is hurt more than we were led to believe or Flanders is out for a while, then wins will be very hard to come by.

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

Trust has to continually earned. Even the Stamps have lost a couple of games this year, but even in their losses, they were competitive. Last night the Bombers looked as bad as they looked at any time in the past two years.

In a game where their starting QB was knocked out for the second half. I hated the game last night and the defence looked horrible but it was 16-10 going into the half and without Nicholls the gameplan went out the window. You mention Calgary being competitive in losses but had we lost either game to Montreal competitive or not, no one would accept that as an acceptable close loss. 

With Nichols in for all 4 games, 2-2 sound about right especially with all the injuries.  Bombers have been extremely fortunate this season having the fewest injuries in the league, so now we will see how good his recruitment really is as the depth will be tested.  Without Nichols the rest of the way, 0-4 is extremely likely.  Davis looks awful despite being in the league as long as Bridge and our defense is among the worst.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

In a game where their starting QB was knocked out for the second half. I hated the game last night and the defence looked horrible but it was 16-10 going into the half and without Nicholls the gameplan went out the window. You mention Calgary being competitive in losses but had we lost either game to Montreal competitive or not, no one would accept that as an acceptable close loss. 

If Nichols had been able to stay in the game, I'm confident they would have figured out a way to pull off a win.

5 hours ago, BBRT said:

BC at Winnipeg

Winnipeg at Toronto

BC at Winnipeg

Winnipeg at Calgary

2-2. Split with bc beat toronto. Back ups vs back ups in calgary i imagine. 

41 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Nichols had been able to stay in the game, I'm confident they would have figured out a way to pull off a win.

The offense has been very steady at 30+ points this year. I agree, i think wed a found a way to scrape out a win with nichols. 

19 minutes ago, tracker said:

Not a good way to limp into the playoffs- losing three of your last 5 games.

not ideal no. But going into the play offs healthy (hope fully) and with 12 wins is pretty dang good. Its also why hosting the west semi is huge. We could win any or all of those games. I dont see us winning less then 2 though. 

22 minutes ago, tracker said:

You forgot to include "surely".

and dont call me surely. :D leslie nielsen couldnt resist.