Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good timing imo, late season jolt of realization makes for improved performance in the last few games and playoffs as players comprehend that their bosses are not happy with their play and jobs are on the line for next year.  In fairness when Ray and the Argo offence are clicking they are arguably the best in the league now that they have a dynamic running attack.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good timing imo, late season jolt of realization makes for improved performance in the last few games and playoffs as players comprehend that their bosses are not happy with their play and jobs are on the line for next year.  In fairness when Ray and the Argo offence are clicking they are arguably the best offence in the league now that they have a dynamic running attack.

IDK, either Hall or O'Shea has his eggs all too tight in Hurl's basket and I'm not sure he's going to be run off the field just yet.  But even so, I just don't trust Hall.  He's had stagnant defenses for years with just a flash in the pan in 2007.  Sure we can hope if we can beat our WSF opponent, maybe Bo Levi will still be playing sucky enough football that we get through there and to the Grey Cup, but chances are we could be facing Ray and Wilder again in the Grey Cup if that happened.

Still ... right now him saying he's embarrassed is just lipservice to me.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good timing imo, late season jolt of realization makes for improved performance in the last few games and playoffs as players comprehend that their bosses are not happy with their play and jobs are on the line for next year.  In fairness when Ray and the Argo offence are clicking they are arguably the best offence in the league now that they have a dynamic running attack.

That "embarrassing" performance against the Argos wasn't much different than any other performance this year. D gives up mega-yardage, Hurl sucks, teams run at will, and we are life and death to score enough points to overcome it. It's been the same story all season. Why is Hall speaking up now?

2 hours ago, J5V said:

That "embarrassing" performance against the Argos wasn't much different than any other performance this year. D gives up mega-yardage, Hurl sucks, teams run at will, and we are life and death to score enough points to overcome it. It's been the same story all season. Why is Hall speaking up now?

Its called a "death-bed repentance".

If you take a look at the Bombers rosters for the last three years, you see that there's been a large turnover of players, and coaches.

I haven't looked at other teams, how much turnover they have,  we all know about Sask, but there aren't many players left from the first couple of years of O'Shea /Walters. 

I wonder about the connections some teams, the Stampeders for instance, have down in the States, that our guys, maybe don't have.

wikipedia, so may not be correct, but

constant turnover, players being turned up, maybe just not good enough to compete.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, J5V said:

I can only hope maybe Wade Miller and company are putting the heat on him, or he realizes if this team continues the drought of GC wins he's going to be held liable for it.  But as I said, I don't care if he says he's embarrassed because it's merely lipservice.  Maybe he should stop his stupid prevent D nonsense and start scheming to make things stingier.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

If you take a look at the Bombers rosters for the last three years, you see that there's been a large turnover of players, and coaches.

I haven't looked at other teams, how much turnover they have,  we all know about Sask, but there aren't many players left from the first couple of years of O'Shea /Walters. 

I wonder about the connections some teams, the Stampeders for instance, have down in the States, that our guys, maybe don't have.

wikipedia, so may not be correct, but

constant turnover, players being turned up, maybe just not good enough to compete.

Ehhh, I don't know.  I mean ... obviously most teams will have at least a few guys who are solidified as anchor guys who stick around, but changes in personnel to me aren't enough to give Hall a pass.  If anything, it should mean he's getting talent upgrades and should be able to do more and not less.

I’ve always maintained that we have a great deal of talent on the defensive side of the ball .. they just aren’t being put in position to succeed.

Comes down to coaching (Hall) and scheme / philosophy.  

You can turn the roster over on defence all you want but as long as Hall is here, nothing will change.

Bottom line for me is Grey Cup or bust. Not just making it either, go and beat the Eastern team. I don't think it's asking a lot after nearly 30 years in an 8 team and sometimes 9 team league.

This defense has had a large hand in us losing 2 of our last 3 games. We're 11-5.. great. Win the Cup. This d inspires NO faith in me whatsoever and now Medlock, the highest paid kicker in the league, is becoming a head case.

I want to tear my hair out sometimes as a fan of this team but anything can happen. We only have to win 3 games in a row in November to be champions. I want this more than the Jets to make a deep playoff run at this point.

Well. Maybe not the Jets lol. But a lot.

Easy way to fix this, or at least improve on last week - play both Nevis and Poop! Its so easy! We need Nevis to stop the run game since Hurl isnt going to do ****. Plus, with both Nevis and Poop on the interior, there seems to be more pressure on the QB. Cant step up in the pocket when the interior tackles get a decent push towards the QB. 

Ed Tait

O’Shea said he felt his team wasn’t physical enough in Toronto, particularly early. And he and the coaching staff weren’t thrilled to see some defenders jogging on one play in particular – a fourth-quarter play in which the Bombers were clearly offside and seemed to gear down before Ricky Ray hit Jimmy Ralph for a 40-yard gainer.

I saw that play, I was amazed. I posted about it here.

I'm pretty sure one of those guys slowly jogging after Ray was 50 Knox.  No matter how you try to figure it out, it was pathetic.

Embarrassing.

20 hours ago, White Out said:

Bottom line for me is Grey Cup or bust. Not just making it either, go and beat the Eastern team. I don't think it's asking a lot after nearly 30 years in an 8 team and sometimes 9 team league.

This defense has had a large hand in us losing 2 of our last 3 games. We're 11-5.. great. Win the Cup. This d inspires NO faith in me whatsoever and now Medlock, the highest paid kicker in the league, is becoming a head case.

I want to tear my hair out sometimes as a fan of this team but anything can happen. We only have to win 3 games in a row in November to be champions. I want this more than the Jets to make a deep playoff run at this point.

Well. Maybe not the Jets lol. But a lot.

If we won that cup in spite of Hall's defense, I'd pink slip him regardless of the outcome.  I really believe our ultimate gate will be determined though by how hard we come out swinging in the first playoff game.

21 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Nothing to do with his defensive sets/play-calling I guess. Only problem was player effort and execution. 

Player effort (especially Hurl's as it's been all season) was lacking yes, but soft defensive coach = soft defensive players.  Hall's defenses have never ever been known for stinginess, so I say toss him out, bring in the new guy.

21 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Player effort (especially Hurl's as it's been all season) was lacking yes, but soft defensive coach = soft defensive players.  Hall's defenses have never ever been known for stinginess, so I say toss him out, bring in the new guy.

you are seriously crazy if you think one of hurl's problems is effort.   

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

And just maybe that new guy could be Noel Thorpe, who is currently unemployed. We've seen enough of Hall's deficiencies that he ought to be gone at the end of the Bomber season, come hell or high water.

yeah at minimum it will be 22 wins the past two seasons...can't say we fluked that out or were lucky over the course of 2 seasons...football doesn't work that way and usually everything evens out over a course of a year.

I'd allow the team to switch philosophies somewhat and some key personnel and see if they can turn this into a dominant defense with the coordinator returning...that being said it should be a 5 game leash and if more of the same continues you cut ties and have ample time to reload with a new philosophy during the season...for most part the teams are all running the same basic packages and looks...it's more the coordinators mentality and the players following suit which makes a defense dominate...or be passive