Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

heavy on brains, too, I suspect...

I think this is very accurate too.  Oshea often discusses how smart he is and how he is the QB of the defense.    I think hes an excellent footballer in a not so excellent baller body lol.

5 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I too would like to have a guy like Thorpe as our D coordinator next year. But unless Walters twists O'Shea's arm in the off-season, it isn't going to happen. O'Shea stated on last coaches show that he (O'Shea) hires the assistants and he wants Hall back

he sure did.  now was that lip service? quite possibly.  Hes not going to speculate on bringing in another DC right before the playoff push on a radio show.  the guy asking him that was a freakin' moron.   also asking bob to "put a good word in" to Miller about bringing in Thorpe...

completely idiotic.  our fans seriously make my head hurt at times.  Even O'shea sounds like, "wtf is this guy smoking.."

38 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I think this is very accurate too.  Oshea often discusses how smart he is and how he is the QB of the defense.    I think hes an excellent footballer in a not so excellent baller body lol.

well.........it's not what some posters here are USED to seeing, so it's not what they'd prefer............and certainly, MOS/Walters confirmed that they were wanting to go in another direction by auditioning Knox and Santos there during TC, but Hurl apparently beat them out for it so *shrugs*.....

3 hours ago, tracker said:

And just maybe that new guy could be Noel Thorpe, who is currently unemployed. We've seen enough of Hall's deficiencies that he ought to be gone at the end of the Bomber season, come hell or high water.

While I do believe Thorpe does a better job with defense than Hall, I have heard rumors that he can be a bit of a rogue coach.  If he and O'Shea and Walters coexisted with no problem, I'd take him for sure.  But if not, it's probably not going to happen.

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

While I do believe Thorpe does a better job with defense than Hall, I have heard rumors that he can be a bit of a rogue coach.  If he and O'Shea and Walters coexisted with no problem, I'd take him for sure.  But if not, it's probably not going to happen.

Judging from the defensive results, O'Shea is a hands-off head coach and that may fit well with Thorpe.

On 10/24/2017 at 4:33 PM, Mark F said:

If you take a look at the Bombers rosters for the last three years, you see that there's been a large turnover of players, and coaches.

I haven't looked at other teams, how much turnover they have,  we all know about Sask, but there aren't many players left from the first couple of years of O'Shea /Walters. 

I wonder about the connections some teams, the Stampeders for instance, have down in the States, that our guys, maybe don't have.

wikipedia, so may not be correct, but

constant turnover, players being turned up, maybe just not good enough to compete.

I think this is the biggest problem the team has, not coaching. It is particularly apparent during this season. As the season carried on Bombers have not done enough to keep uncovering quality talent not only as backups, but to challenge players in the starting lineup. Now all the other teams have improved because they do this, and the ranking of where Bombers sit talent wise has been dropping.

12 hours ago, TheSource said:

I think this is the biggest problem the team has, not coaching. It is particularly apparent during this season. As the season carried on Bombers have not done enough to keep uncovering quality talent not only as backups, but to challenge players in the starting lineup. Now all the other teams have improved because they do this, and the ranking of where Bombers sit talent wise has been dropping.

Montreal and BC's stock has definitely risen as the season went on - like totally no doubt about it. 

37 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Honest question. Who are the other teams bringing in mid season that have made a big difference and improved them?

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Honest question. Who are the other teams bringing in mid season that have made a big difference and improved them?

Chris Jones (the returner)  for the Riders and  Gable for the Esks are two off the top of my head.  Personally I think that management should constantly be trying to upgrade talent regardless of the time of the year.

29 minutes ago, mfranc said:

Chris Jones (the returner)  for the Riders and  Gable for the Esks are two off the top of my head.  Personally I think that management should constantly be trying to upgrade talent regardless of the time of the year.

Good points. Those are two teams...what about the 6 others?

I was trying to point out that, not every team has added these great season changing players. I dont even think the two you mentioned are season changers. But they have contributed. Mostly due to injury. Much like Givens here in WPG. 

16 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I too would like to have a guy like Thorpe as our D coordinator next year. But unless Walters twists O'Shea's arm in the off-season, it isn't going to happen. O'Shea stated on last coaches show that he (O'Shea) hires the assistants and he wants Hall back

Take what's said on a trivial radio show with a grain of salt. O'Shea has nothing to gain by throwing his DC under the bus with the playoffs ahead.

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

Oh, look. The clueless talking dildo is back.

Yeah, I don't read anything into what got said on a radio show at this point in time.  O'Shea has bigger fish to fry right now and is focused on trying to bring home that Grey Cup that he's not even considering who's going and who's staying.  He'll make the real decision after the season is over, after all the dust has settled, and after all the evaluations are given.  That's how it's done around here.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

well.........it's not what some posters here are USED to seeing, so it's not what they'd prefer............and certainly, MOS/Walters confirmed that they were wanting to go in another direction by auditioning Knox and Santos there during TC, but Hurl apparently beat them out for it so *shrugs*.....

Oh I agree and have been trying to explain this all season long to no avail.  Its annoying simple to understand what the team wanted to do and frustratingly impossible to make our fan base understand that we don't employ a traditional MLB or scheme for said traditional MLB..

16 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Regardless of how you dice it up, someone needs to teach him how to wrap up a ball carrier.

...sure, change the point of your erroneous comment now. seems like a good way to dodge the fact you were talking out your ass.   I do agree tho, he hasn't been great in some games for wrapping up properly.

5 hours ago, TheSource said:

Well, Givens hasn't looked out of place ,Walker came in after the fact and looked good.  We haven't needed any replacements for our RB with the exception of Flander's going down, ditto O-line.  DE's are backed up adequately thus far...

what point were you trying.. and failing.. to make here?  That we didn't have instant perfection replacements for Leggett?

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

...sure, change the point of your erroneous comment now. seems like a good way to dodge the fact you were talking out your ass.   I do agree tho, he hasn't been great in some games for wrapping up properly.

Not wrapping up is considered pretty poor effort by most of the great coaches I've known.  Sorry but I make it every linebacker's job to tackle and tackle hard regardless of them taking on blockers or not.

19 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

would you really expect him to say he doesn't want him back, with the playoffs coming up!??  of course not.... anything short of a Grey Cup appearance, and Hall's return comes in to question.  The way the D has surrendered yards this year, it has to be a major question mark in the offseason regardless of how they finish.   I don't believe for a second that O'Shea would stand pat if we were one and done in the playoffs.

19 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

We all know this literally means nothing... Mike O'Shea would never publicly throw someone under the bus... especially right before the playoffs... 

5 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

would you really expect him to say he doesn't want him back, with the playoffs coming up!??  of course not.... anything short of a Grey Cup appearance, and Hall's return comes in to question.  The way the D has surrendered yards this year, it has to be a major question mark in the offseason regardless of how they finish.   I don't believe for a second that O'Shea would stand pat if we were one and done in the playoffs.

Yup, I believe it was his code word for saying he's hoping Richie steps it up and gets that unit cranking in time for the playoffs.  But once the dust settles anything can happen.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Good points. Those are two teams...what about the 6 others?

I was trying to point out that, not every team has added these great season changing players. I dont even think the two you mentioned are season changers. But they have contributed. Mostly due to injury. Much like Givens here in WPG. 

I don't see the Stamps resorting to airlifts, they recruit in the off-season and if you look at the evidence of roster stability the Bombers are attempting to duplicate that process.