Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

18 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If we meet Vegas in the playoffs it’s gonna be something 

Hey I'm hoping we get at least one win in round one and not get our asses handed to us like the Ducks did. Because at least we Beat Vegas Once this season.....so how do we get home ice advantage first

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Plekanec can’t get more than a 3rd, not much left in that tank. 

Still like Jets making only the minor deals and not shaking up the depth chart too much. 

The Jets are just at the beginning of what could be a long window as a Cup contender.  I'd be far more disappointed if we gave up anything significant for a rental than if we didn't make a trade at all.

21 minutes ago, mbrg said:

The Jets are just at the beginning of what could be a long window as a Cup contender.  I'd be far more disappointed if we gave up anything significant for a rental than if we didn't make a trade at all.

Yes but jets have lots of youth now. We really don’t have to hold on to picks. 

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes but jets have lots of youth now. We really don’t have to hold on to picks. 

Yes and no.  Laine, Trouba, etc; you know the list of guys who are approaching big contracts.   We will soon be at the point where filling out big sections of the roster with young inexpensive players will be extremely important to this franchise.  A third round pick in 2018?  Sure.  Vesolainen?  Oh no no no.  Most teams want more than picks, they want prospects as well.  That's the part where we need to tread lightly.

Every playoff contender want to pick up "depth up the middle" at the deadline.  That's why idiocy like giving up Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat happens.  I'm just stressing, we can't be those idiots.  Until the hockey wives start insisting Winnipeg is where they want to live, drafting and youth is going to be far more important to this franchise than almost every other franchise in the league.

Foxwarren rink now has another claim to fame. In addition to producing many talented skaters and hockey players over the years, it was recently voted the Coldest Rink in North America on the newly launched Rink Rater app.

The community’s first arena was opened January 1912 while this current building opened December 1949, costing $30,000 at the time, and home to three NHL players.

https://www.manitobacooperator.ca/country-crossroads/foxwarren-arena-voted-coldest-rink-in-north-america/?module=under-carousel&pgtype=homepage&i=

Edited by Mark F