Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He’d be fine depth. He wants to play though. Who does he play ahead of?  No issue with his legal stuff as it’s finaxial, no?  He needs a big contract. 

If he came cheap sure. But rental makes sense only if they are cheap or are so good as to make the difference. 

Doesn't make sense for CBJ to trade him. They're adding now for the playoffs. They need depth, unless he's a problem, like Kane was in Winnipeg. 

Not to say the issues are the same, just that he's a problem in current situation. 

Just now, JCon said:

Doesn't make sense for CBJ to trade him. They're adding now for the playoffs. They need depth, unless he's a problem, like Kane was in Winnipeg. 

Not to say the issues are the same, just that he's a problem in current situation. 

He’s asked to be traded but you’d think they’d keep him for the playoffs. 

Saw some mention of Paul Stastny as someone jets might like. Hard to see Blues doing that even if they are in free fall 

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He’s asked to be traded but you’d think they’d keep him for the playoffs. 

Saw some mention of Paul Stastny as someone jets might like. Hard to see Blues doing that even if they are in free fall 

Hutch asked to be traded but I wouldn't if I were Chevy. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Talk of Vegas being in on Karlsson. Could take Ryan too. That would make Vegas very very formidable. 

I don't like that at all. Ryan needs to stay in Ottawa as a reminder of what a dumpster fire they are. 4 seasons left on that monstrosity of a contract. And, with only two seasons left on the Ryan contract, a reminder for Quebecor of what they've inherited in their newly acquired, Quebec Nordiques franchise. 

Karlsson is one of the best defensemen in the league and the best when healthy. When healthy. Every team would be lucky to have him. 

But his health? What's left in his ankle? I would be scared to death to offer him a longterm contract. I suppose there is always LTIR. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Talk of Vegas being in on Karlsson. Could take Ryan too. That would make Vegas very very formidable. 

What's the deal with his cousin Lars William who is already on the GK?  That kid was essentially picked up for nothing from Columbus, and now is lighting it up this year.  How did that happen?

On 21 June 2017, Karlsson was exposed by the Blue Jackets and selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft. The Blue Jackets traded a first-round pick, a second-round pick in 2019, and the contract of injured forward David Clarkson to Vegas with the agreement that the Golden Knights would select Karlsson.[6]

Edited by kelownabomberfan

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What's the deal with his cousin Lars William who is already on the GK?  That kid was essentially picked up for nothing from Columbus, and now is lighting it up this year.  How did that happen?

That was a crazy trade for Vegas. To get paid all that to pick a really good player? Geeez. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That was a crazy trade for Vegas. To get paid all that to pick a really good player? Geeez. 

I was trying to understand how that happened.  That would be like trading Petan for Kucherov plus Tampa's first round pick.  

Image result for sense this makes none

Vegas pulled off some real heists.

I don't see the Jets missing out on any of these deals....  most of these guys are way past their prime and would do little to nothing for our club.    Why in the world would we give up a Connor or Roslovic to Montreal for a guy that may be a smidge better then Hendricks?