Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So is it fair to assume we don't make a deal?

Would it be such a bad thing if we didn't bring in a rental guy for a couple of months then have him leave in the off season?

I actually don't mind cutting against the grain and not doing the usual bring a guy in for the playoffs.

If we did bring someone in, I'd rather it be we know he'll be with us next season.

Just my preference as a fan.

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Would it be such a bad thing if we didn't bring in a rental guy for a couple of months then have him leave in the off season?

I actually don't mind cutting against the grain and not doing the usual bring a guy in for the playoffs.

If we did bring someone in, I'd rather it be we know he'll be with us next season.

Just my preference as a fan.

I don’t mind so much if we stand pat. But you always want your team trying to better itself especially as other teams do so. 

We have picks and prospects we can part with because the team is young now.  So we have assets to spend. 

And you see some chatter around the league that sees the Jets as not just a good playoff team but a legit threat.  It may not just be our window beginning to open. We might be a cup contender right now. Add a piece or two to make that happen. 

But only if it makes sense.