Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2023-12-15 at 6:47 AM, iHeart said:

thing is I'd rather not give CFA my money, however I did try the sauce once (they sell them at the import places like Snak Trap on Pembina, they convinced me to give it a try) it's actually pretty damn good that doesn't mean I'm going to get in line to get the stuff (I'd rather that Mary Browns sell their Sidekick Sauce in bottles)

well this sadly aged poorly Mary Browns doesn't have sidekick sauce anymore, also part of the point of my Quote here was I'm not sure if we buy something from places like snak trap does the money go into the business we bought it from or does it go straight to the parent company of the product

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Wendy’s to start rolling out surge pricing with ‘AI-enabled menu changes’

https://globalnews.ca/news/10320406/wendys-surge-pricing-ai-menu-changes/

No thanks,  I'd rather not drive out of my way to a Wendys only to find out that the prices are hiked up because they are busier.     I'm pretty sure during the quiet periods that Wendys won't be knocking down the prices of the food items by a large %. 

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

No thanks,  I'd rather not drive out of my way to a Wendys only to find out that the prices are hiked up because they are busier.     I'm pretty sure during the quiet periods that Wendys won't be knocking down the prices of the food items by a large %. 

Plus it's Wendy's and not very good.

27 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

So, I rarely order steak when we eat out, because it's that much better at home

But Friday night, I took the chance on a 12 oz. medium rare sirloin at Montana's

It was actually quite good

Brier effect :D

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2024-03-03 at 1:13 PM, Mark H. said:

So, I rarely order steak when we eat out, because it's that much better at home

But Friday night, I took the chance on a 12 oz. medium rare sirloin at Montana's

It was actually quite good

Right on because you are right..Unless you go to a 529 or Hys the steaks are not as good as what I can do for myself at home.

On 2024-02-21 at 9:43 AM, JCon said:

You're not old enough to remember Chi-Chi's. 

No kidding. My second date with my future wife was in July of 1985 at Polo Park which will be thirty freaking nine years ago this summer.

We went out last night as our 37th wedding anniversary is coming up in two weeks or so & we'll be out of town when it is. We went to a restaurant called The Cattle Baron in SE Calgary. It's pricey but I highly recommend it if you're ever in Calgary for a visit.

I actually just got another trailer for this year, while we're on the crappy deep fried food crap.

Trailer is called " Deep Fried Diablo"

Deep fried cheese curds

Df Cheese cake

Hand dipped corndogs

Df chocolate bars

Df ice cream sandwiches

Df oreo churros

And lemonade

Will be in manitoba may and June before we head west for the summer months... give it a try if your in the neighborhood!

On 3/15/2024 at 1:00 AM, CodyT said:

I actually just got another trailer for this year, while we're on the crappy deep fried food crap.

Trailer is called " Deep Fried Diablo"

Deep fried cheese curds

Df Cheese cake

Hand dipped corndogs

Df chocolate bars

Df ice cream sandwiches

Df oreo churros

And lemonade

Will be in manitoba may and June before we head west for the summer months... give it a try if your in the neighborhood!

Any chance you’ll look at a Gluten Free batter and dedicate a fryer to GF items? I know people that will drive all over for that. GF deep fried cheese curds is something I’ve drive to Fargo for…

On 2024-03-17 at 4:31 PM, GCJenks said:

Any chance you’ll look at a Gluten Free batter and dedicate a fryer to GF items? I know people that will drive all over for that. GF deep fried cheese curds is something I’ve drive to Fargo for…

Unfortunately with such limited space in a concession trailer having a fryer  dedicated to GF isn't really practical.

That being said -- I'm still learning these new items and trailer, and what it's capabilities are. But my immediate thought is it's hard to pull off when your trying to move a line.

HOWEVER,  during the weekdays of May and June we'll be set up in parking lots. I'll put a post in here and tag you and get some gf curds for you. I mean that.

On 2024-03-17 at 4:14 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Firehouse Subs has a St. Patrick's Day promo where you can get a free medium sub with purchase of a medium or large sub if your first name starts with L, U, C, K, or Y (in-store only, ID must be presented when ordering).

I enjoyed the sub I had there. Would go back again