Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

You don't understand the complaints of having prices that have skyrocketed all while the food quality is barely passable?  

McDonalds used to be good for garbage food at a super low price... nowdays it's cheaper for us as a family to go to Wendy and it tastes way better because they use a much higher quality of ingredients. 

McDonalds is so bad that even 7-11 has surpassed it in quality for chicken/fries and price.    

I also can't think of any time in the last 20 years where someone has said "Mmmm McDonalds has the best burgers in town".   It's usually people saying "Why did I get McDonalds I feel sick, uggggggh".   :)

I actually like Macdonald's fries, and I know plenty of people that like them

The burgers are hit and miss, but it is possible to have a good burger

I would not order chicken (except nuggets for the kid) from Mc D or 7 - 11. KFC or Mary Brown is where it's at for chicken

If you know of a place with lower prices where the burgers are not hit and miss, let me know where that is

Food is going to get more expensive no matter where you go. Canola was as high as $23 a bushel - that's the cooking oil that all restaurants use

20 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Their coffee is as good or better than places where you pay a lot more for it. 

Best quick serve coffee there is. If my travel mug from home gets empty and I need another I will drive past every other until a McD’s. 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I actually like Macdonald's fries, and I know plenty of people that like them

The burgers are hit and miss, but it is possible to have a good burger

I would not order chicken (except nuggets for the kid) from Mc D or 7 - 11. KFC or Mary Brown is where it's at for chicken

If you know of a place with lower prices where the burgers are not hit and miss, let me know where that is

Food is going to get more expensive no matter where you go. Canola was as high as $23 a bushel - that's the cooking oil that all restaurants use

If you are in the city hit up a Sals. They have some coupons right now that make it cheaper than McD’s and much better food. 
I do agree that McD’s are the best quick serve fries(when fresh and hot). 

18 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Best quick serve coffee there is. If my travel mug from home gets empty and I need another I will drive past every other until a McD’s. 

If you are in the city hit up a Sals. They have some coupons right now that make it cheaper than McD’s and much better food. 

+1 for Sals. I've been mostly brewing my own lately, but I used to buy Red Roof lager frequently. The box comes full of Sals coupons which make the food really cheap. I've enjoyed both the food and the beer. Beer is brewed by Fort Garry. Nips are my usual go-to at the stadium as well.

28 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I don't live in the city, but I will try it out when I can. I also like A & W coupons, in spite of their misleading 'health' advertising. 

7 minutes ago, WildPath said:

+1 for Sals. I've been mostly brewing my own lately, but I used to buy Red Roof lager frequently. The box comes full of Sals coupons which make the food really cheap. I've enjoyed both the food and the beer. Beer is brewed by Fort Garry. Nips are my usual go-to at the stadium as well.

Love FG beer - our local store in Clandeboye carries it - always pick up a 6 pack with my scotch.

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I prefer Popeye's fries. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I don't live in the city, but I will try it out when I can. I also like A & W coupons, in spite of their misleading 'health' advertising. 

Love FG beer - our local store in Clandeboye carries it - always pick up a 6 pack with my scotch.

When I could eat fried chicken I see to remember the Clandeboye store having great fried chicken. KFC is the worst. 

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Wendys and A & W.     

55 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

It's my go to place for fried chicken now.  It's comparable to Mary Browns but Popeye's has more/better side dish options so I go there if I have to choose between the two.

The Popeye sandwiches are really big and I've had nothing but consistent and good food from them.    The location on Henderson is always busy and always clean and fast. 

KFC on the other hand... dear lord... just terrible.  The restaurants are also always in just terrible shape both visually out dated and dirty as h-e-double-hockey-sticks.   The locations on Lakewood, Portage, Henderson are always absolutely filthy.  The drinks also taste weird ,  I'm guessing because of dirty machines.   

11 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I find you get what you pay for. Wendy's and A&W are a bit pricier but so is the quality, IMO.

I recommend subscribing to A & W  coupons - you get them in your inbox.  Very good deals - eg. 2 teen combos for $14.99

Edited: 2 combos are now $14.99 - still under $20 for two people.

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Never had Popeye's - is the chicken any good? 

Absolutably. The only thing I miss for KFC is that gravy. Popeye's chicken can be ordered either mild of spicy and both are great, though my favourite is the spicy.

so today I decided to give Wendy's breakfast menu a try, however the dining room won't have earlier hours til next week, and I plan on being busy next thursday, however the manager was kind enough to take my order at the drive thru window (even though I don't drive but there wasn't any cars lining up when I took my order, though I actually did offer to pay for the order of the car that was coming up next because I figured he would have been annoyed but they wouldn't have it)

anyway I ordered a breakfast baconator, and instead of their regular beef pattys they have a square sausage patty, I also tried the egg and bacon croissant sandwich, and I would be crazy to not do the biscuit sandwich so I ordered that as well, it's quite good. Look I don't get to do this often and if the saturday bus schedule did weekday hours then I would do this more often, but I don't need to go shopping today and normally I reserve my fridays for thrift shopping