Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

After nearly 50 years of serving up pizza in the West End, The Original Sorrento’s is shuttering its Ellice Avenue location.

"It’s probably the hardest thing I’ve had to do in my whole life," co-owner Gerry Lomonaco said.

The family-owned restaurant will add takeout and delivery of Original Sorrento’s meals to its catering site in the Caboto Centre at 1055 Wilkes Ave.

Gabrielle Piché has the story: 
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/food/original-sorrentos-heading-south-576078492.html

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Did anyone try any Poutines out around town during poutine week?

We had Jonseys which was good but a pretty safe dish.  Anyone have anything unique/different?

There's a Caribbean restaurant on the north side of Portage Avenue near Deer Lodge Center that serves a wicked bacon poutine. Or used to,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ok fellow Bomber fans... 

What is the best burger in Winnipeg?

Personal faves nostalgia-wise are VJs, Super Boy's, The Burger Place, and Dairi-Wip. Contemporary faves are OGC, Rae's Bistro, and Junction 59. Not in Winnipeg but I gotta mention Nite Hawk Cafe out at West Hawk. 

The scene here in the city (and within the province) is simply awesome, with plenty of variety to suit almost any preference as far as burgers go.

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I like those mentioned so far....

It's just that I used to go to Sonja's and their fat boy was the best bang for buck

Driving by that smashed window every morning just about makes me cry. My wife hasn’t been the same, we reminisce about that that weekly. “What’s the soup?” Don’t worry, you’ll like. Eat soup, no pay. Don’t eat soup, you pay. 

5 years and I can’t tell you of a replacement, there just isn’t one. 

20 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Driving by that smashed window every morning just about makes me cry. My wife hasn’t been the same, we reminisce about that that weekly. “What’s the soup?” Don’t worry, you’ll like. Eat soup, no pay. Don’t eat soup, you pay. 

5 years and I can’t tell you of a replacement, there just isn’t one. 

Agreed, no replacement.

"Two Bacon Cheeseboorgers for you."

All those personally written sings posted everywhere...

TwoBaconBurgers.jpg WhatsBetterThanOneSonyasBurger_Two.jpg

InGodWeTrust.jpg

HereIsNotBusShelter.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, no replacement.

"Two Bacon Cheeseboorgers for you."

All those personally written sings posted everywhere...

TwoBaconBurgers.jpg WhatsBetterThanOneSonyasBurger_Two.jpg

InGodWeTrust.jpg

HereIsNotBusShelter.jpg

I was diagnosed Celiac about 6 weeks after my last visit there so it wouldn’t be the same for me anyway but my wife is crying after seeing those pics. Her heart aches for a “Special”.