Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2022-04-07 at 1:50 PM, iHeart said:

yeah but I don't think McD's and DQ use the same Ice Milk also I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a lot less mix-ins in the McFlurries I mean all you can taste is Ice Cream after awhile

I forgot to mention that McDonald's puts Xylitol in their dairy products to make them thicker and more ice cream like, but even a small amount is fatal to dogs.

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

I forgot to mention that McDonald's puts Xylitol in their dairy products to make them thicker and more ice cream like, but even a small amount is fatal to dogs.

Do you have an actual source or evidence? From what I can find just a bunch of social media posts without source themselves. 

31 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Do you have an actual source or evidence? From what I can find just a bunch of social media posts without source themselves. 

Research in progress @ snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mcdonalds-ice-cream-xylitol/

But, given all the times I have seen people give their dogs Mc Donalds ice cream... I think there would be a **** ton more of a stink about this. there would be a lot more dead dogs, if it were true.

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Research in progress @ snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mcdonalds-ice-cream-xylitol/

But, given all the times I have seen people give their dogs Mc Donalds ice cream... I think there would be a **** ton more of a stink about this. there would be a lot more dead dogs, if it were true.

Snores was my first look too. Again recipes between Canada and US can vary as well but having fed Mc D”s ice cream to a pup many times I would think it is false as well. 

On 2022-04-11 at 7:26 PM, iHeart said:

It will arrive on May 2nd and they even dusted off an old familiar ad campaign of theirs to promote it

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Indy100 could have just Snoped 🤔

Snopes did not confirm or deny the rumour, but it was bad optics if nothing else for McDonald's to take so long to deny it. A few years ago, Tim Horton's was accused by rumour to have laced their coffee with MSG, and they squelched that in a few days.

On 2022-04-19 at 1:23 PM, Tracker said:

It may have been updated after I checked it, but when I did so, it was not listed as false. Or maybe I didn't read it properly.

I’ll back you up. When we first looked it was “under review” or some such status. They were investigating but had no definitive answer yet. 

35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Isnt big breakfast just off the menu?

A few months ago, I inquired as to why it still hadn't returned even though things had gotten slightly better, I was told that it had to do with space on the burners or something like that considering that they used scrambled eggs in those items

6 hours ago, iHeart said:

Access winnipeg said they were bringing back the Waffle Fries but I'd rather have the Big Breakfasts and the Morning McWrap back

Bring back low prices....  McDonalds is charging a premium price for absolutely god awful food.    Everything on the menu should be slashed in half for the price.  

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Bring back low prices....  McDonalds is charging a premium price for absolutely god awful food.    Everything on the menu should be slashed in half for the price.  

I honestly don't understand the complaints about McDonald's. It is what it is - I don't mind it once in a while.  

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I honestly don't understand the complaints about McDonald's. It is what it is - I don't mind it once in a while.  

McDonalds, apart from their breakfast menu is "desperately hungry" food. And their coffee is very good as are their muffins.

16 hours ago, Mark H. said:

You don't understand the complaints of having prices that have skyrocketed all while the food quality is barely passable?  

McDonalds used to be good for garbage food at a super low price... nowdays it's cheaper for us as a family to go to Wendy and it tastes way better because they use a much higher quality of ingredients. 

McDonalds is so bad that even 7-11 has surpassed it in quality for chicken/fries and price.    

I also can't think of any time in the last 20 years where someone has said "Mmmm McDonalds has the best burgers in town".   It's usually people saying "Why did I get McDonalds I feel sick, uggggggh".   :)

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Their coffee is as good or better than places where you pay a lot more for it. 

When they switched to the Arabica beans back around 2004, everything changed. They immediately outpaced Tim's and not much had changed since. I don't mind Tim's but McDs is really good coffee.