Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

11 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You could employ 1 part-time employee 20 hours a week at $15/hour for 18 months for less than the cost of a single stupid tray on wheels. It had better be bringing in customers

277579489_10160412285847608_5360134787157583948_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=NDFzUtdYXnkAX9Hs2Te&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_p6lYFXg7PC7CZuu-LssuTr9ofim_5Nj5sfQe_fbbvJA&oe=624BBB8B

there's more....there had been a s'more blizzard sighting in Ontario, which means it sounds like it'll be part of the Summer Blizzard Menu (Yay!) so until that shows up in Winnipeg I should make sure I get my hands on the S'more milkshake (that's the one on the right) the person that leaked out the S'more Blizzard has no other info at the moment

So it looks like Kildonan Place will be serving Pizza again in the near future (at least according to some wordle type game I had to play in order to unlock a hint) I don't know if this means Vanelli's is moving back in, for all we know it could be a Little Pizza Heaven or a 'Za....hey they have it at Cityplace it can work in a mall) 

Edited by iHeart

okay so I don't think a S'more blizzard is coming to DQ anytime soon because I went today and I saw the term SUMMER blizzard menu something I should have suspected when I saw a Drumstick with Peanuts item in there (if they really wanted to do an authentic Drumstick Blizzard they should do it as a Royal Blizzard) there's also an oreo mud pie blizzard with gummy worms among others

I also I just realized it's probably not Vanelli's coming to KP, it's actually the Pizza Place in the Mall parking lot I don't know if it's still Fast Fired though

50 minutes ago, iHeart said:

okay so I don't think a S'more blizzard is coming to DQ anytime soon because I went today and I saw the term SUMMER blizzard menu something I should have suspected when I saw a Drumstick with Peanuts item in there (if they really wanted to do an authentic Drumstick Blizzard they should do it as a Royal Blizzard) there's also an oreo mud pie blizzard with gummy worms among others

My recommendation.... don't go to DQ at all. The quality of the ice cream is absolutely terrible.  Visit the local small shops  and you will have significantly better "blizzards" that use real ice cream and they also have a wide variety of toppings.    The high content of water in the ice cream basically makes anything from DQ melt the instant that they give it to you.   Meanwhile when I go to Sweet Tops,  Sub Zero,  Cool Encounters.... it doesn't turn into a wet mess within seconds.    My kids can actually eat cones without me needing to grab 20 napkins lol.   

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My recommendation.... don't go to DQ at all. The quality of the ice cream is absolutely terrible.  Visit the local small shops  and you will have significantly better "blizzards" that use real ice cream and they also have a wide variety of toppings.    The high content of water in the ice cream basically makes anything from DQ melt the instant that they give it to you.   Meanwhile when I go to Sweet Tops,  Sub Zero,  Cool Encounters.... it doesn't turn into a wet mess within seconds.    My kids can actually eat cones without me needing to grab 20 napkins lol.   

Neither DQ nor McDonald's actually sell "ice cream". What they sell is "ice milk"- a lot cheaper to produce but loaded with thickener (agar) and MSG.  BDI and Sargent Sundae are waaay better as is Stone Cold Dairy.

Edited by Tracker

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Neither DQ nor McDonald's actually sell "ice cream". What they sell is "ice milk"- a lot cheaper to produce but loaded with thickener (agar) and MSG.  BDI and Sargent Sundae are waaay better as is Stone Cold Dairy.

yeah but I don't think McD's and DQ use the same Ice Milk also I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are alot less mix-ins in the McFlurries I mean all you can taste is Ice Cream after awhile

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

Confirmed I used to work at McD's years ago and they did the same with the milkshakes and used some other nasty substitute for real milk and offered "triple thick shakes" that taste like crap.  

McD's ice cream isn't great but at least it stays somewhat consistent.

We used to go to Dairy Queen during our break for work and it didn't matter if it was hot or cold outside the moment anyone would get a cone or anything it would instantly start running and melting.  The Blizzards are the same way in which it becomes soup within 5 minutes.   

Meanwhile when I go to Sweet Tops on Henderson Hwy and then drive home 15 minutes away... the ice cream is still perfect and my blizzard remains in a solid form until I eat the whole thing.   With DQ it's a race against time where you basically have to drink it because it's so watery. 

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

I will have to give Sweet Tops another try. Last Sunday Sub Zero hadn't opened for the season yet so we went to Cool Encounters, 1 of 3 treats made well, one okay and one needed remaking. My wife's chocolate shake with a pistachio flavour burst arrived on the counter white... It's still a chocolate shake, WTF???

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I will have to give Sweet Tops another try. Last Sunday Sub Zero hadn't opened for the season yet so we went to Cool Encounters, 1 of 3 treats made well, one okay and one needed remaking. My wife's chocolate shake with a pistachio flavour burst arrived on the counter white... It's still a chocolate shake, WTF???

We had went on opening day (a week or so ago) and they were training the kids at the front counter.  They may need a few weeks to get their stuff together.   

I had a chicken schnitzel sandwich with curly friest (including roasted garlic mayo and snow cheese....which is kind of like powdered cheese and I had a deep + delicious cake to go with it, it's not like the deep n delicious cake that McCain's hawks) everyone there had a good time