Jump to content

Restaurant/food thread


iHeart
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well Wayback Burgers is coming to my end of town where Snap Fitness used to be....and I'm hearing this TWO MONTHS after I cashed in my vax meal (still I kind of wish I had heard of the Rice dog place before I pushed for Wayback)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So....has anyone ever had Church's Chicken? because it's coming

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/poultry-prayers-answered-575670632.html

 

btw here's their Ontario Menu

https://www.churchschicken.ca/ontario/menu/

 

I also had to get a quote from someone who's had experience with Church's namely my aunt who was born and raised in Texas but moved to Winnipeg, she said her brother worked there, she told me it's nothing special but the biscuits are good, like I had said with Popeye's previously I will try this for myself and then state my opinion of it...an they actually have Ice Cream, KFC doesn't have Ice Cream, Popeyes doesn't have Ice Cream.

Edited by iHeart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

So....has anyone ever had Church's Chicken? because it's coming

Church's Chicken... probably seeing the success Popeye's has had, and wants in on the spicy fried chicken n shrimp market. They get a lot of hip-hop shout-outs being based in Atlanta

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Though it was founded in Texas

It was founded in Texas but its headquarters are in Atlanta.

Church's was awesome when I had it down in the US (Louisiana) some years back. The mac and cheese and deep fried okra were delicious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This isn't "news" but I only just found out and thought I'd share...

 

If you've tried 'Willy Dogs' food cart out you already know they are one of the best food carts around. Well, they have a Willy Dogs kitchen operating out of the Deer Lodge curling rink right next to the St James Civic Centre. Dine in or take out, the observation deck has been lo-key converted into a small eating area overlooking the rinks. They are on skip, but the menu is cheaper if you just call ahead and pick it up yourself. That Big Whistle Burger of theirs is something else... a Winnipeg Old Country hot dog cut up onto a 1/4lb (or more?) smash patty with cheese and bacon... I just about nearly finished mine last night. Highly highly highly recommend this place if you want a burger or dog... or both at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

So it looks like the Royal Fork Buffet will close just before Christmas, well I look forward to seeing what will go in it's place though

the place has been there for as long as I can remember like since I was little

At one point it was a high quality good restaurant.  Way back in the early 90's.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

they opened R&R during the pandemic, a new pizza place replaced Kent Restaurant. and Perogy Planet at Kildonan Crossing is opening soon, plus KP opened two new places to replace BDI and Arby's

Pizza and Perogy planet are take out which are doing very well during COVID.  It's the sit down places that took a kick in the pants during the lock down.     

I went to KP two weeks ago and the new African place was dead... so dead that they had no staff behind the counter!  The food looked interesting though I'd give it a try had someone been at the counter.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Pizza and Perogy planet are take out which are doing very well during COVID.  It's the sit down places that took a kick in the pants during the lock down.     

I went to KP two weeks ago and the new African place was dead... so dead that they had no staff behind the counter!  The food looked interesting though I'd give it a try had someone been at the counter.  

 

already? I hope that bubble tea place is having better luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, iHeart said:

already? I hope that bubble tea place is having better luck

The place was open ,  I saw food and the lights were on.  They just didn't have anyone behind the counter for at least 30 minutes while we sat and ate.     

I hope it does well,  the T-Cona area needs much more diversity in its restaurants... we have way to much burger/pizza/american food joints.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The place was open ,  I saw food and the lights were on.  They just didn't have anyone behind the counter for at least 30 minutes while we sat and ate.     

I hope it does well,  the T-Cona area needs much more diversity in its restaurants... we have way to much burger/pizza/american food joints.     

The employees were probably on a bathroom break or something or busy behind the door of that area

And let's face it Transcona really, really, REALLY wanted a Wendy's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...