Bomber Bye Week: The Kavis Reed Short Rope Edition

USABomberfan

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Hes pretty toast. But when AC went to montreal he was too. Still worth a few more chances as a back up. And some one will give it to him. I dont think they get willy value though. :lol:

Yeah unlike Willy, Zac probably could hit the reboot button with another team provided he was given a better O-line and receivers to once again throw to.  I'm thinking if the Argos aren't quite able to get a deal done for Franklin, Collaros might be willing to head back there if a takeover for Ray plan is put in place.

5 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah unlike Willy, Zac probably could hit the reboot button with another team provided he was given a better O-line and receivers to once again throw to.  I'm thinking if the Argos aren't quite able to get a deal done for Franklin, Collaros might be willing to head back there if a takeover for Ray plan is put in place.

He isn't done, IMO. He put a gutsy effort into some their losses - played his butt off while the Esks were pretty near ripping his head off. 

15 hours ago, SPuDS said:

to be honest, he is proving more then them wrong as well.. I'm sure a lot of us wrote him off after those horrific leg injuries..  I wasn't sure what to expect once he got here.   I'm more then happy to say I was wrong about him tho, hes becoming one very damn good QB.

Joe Namath-esque.

As am I. I am pleasantly surprised at how good he is playing. I think it wise to also give credit to our O-line. I don't think it's coincidence that Nichols play blossomed at the same time our O-line congealed into what it is now. 

On 9/11/2017 at 6:57 PM, USABomberfan said:

Well as we don't have a game to talk about this week, I'm wondering what the chances are that Montreal would fire a GM before his first year is up and how much money they'd have to eat to do that.  Also, now with this whole talk of Collaros wanting out of Hamilton and Masoli now the guy, I also wonder whether he's salvageable on another team, or if he's become Willy damaged.

Well you were pretty damn close...

40 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

http://www.tsn.ca/alouettes-fire-head-coach-chapdelaine-dc-thorpe-1.855094

Instead, Kavis saves his own hide - for now - and throws others under the bus. Very Mack-ian move.

Well, in case you forgot, Joe Mack is in fact there and has an open door to Reed and the Wetenhall offices so ..... what do you think?

32 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I think this came from the top

Either way, it's a very dumb move and just goes to show that Montreal has now turned into the 2013 Blue Bomber Board of Directors show.  And I don't say that because I'm a defender of Chapdelaine or think he's a good head coach.  He'll probably be heading to Hamilton or Toronto next to work as Trestman or Jones's OC where I think he's better.  But Kavis Reed sucks as a GM and he's not going to fix this mess as a HC, especially not after canning Thorpe who was the one good coordinator on that team.

Montreal is officially the CFL dumpster fire now, and if I'm an NFL cut I'm looking to go anywhere but there.  Mr Wetenhall, you might want to consider selling the team cuz this is embarrassing to our league.

33 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, I don't think Mack had any say in this whatsoever. I do think Wetenhall and Reed came to this decision, though.

Yeah I believe so too especially since MTL has been doing this even before Mack showed up.  The point though was that it's only fitting that he's there because he fits right into this fire the coach circus culture that the Als have perpetrated even more so than us now.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Kavis Reed is a joke.   

He is, but honestly so are the men upstairs above him.  Unfortunately for Als fans, the owners will not sell despite local interest.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/were-not-for-sale-alouettes-owner-robert-wettenhall-says

Even if the Als haven't lost enough money to start hitting the panic button yet, keep this gong show and losing season stuff up and it's going to get worse.  My what a stubborn old man.

1 hour ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

And, in a different era, Ricky ray for...was it Stephen Jyles?

Yep, Stephen Jyles, kicker Grant Shaw and a 2012 first round draft pick. Edmonton then traded that first rounder (which was 2nd overall, ended up being Jabar Westerman) to B.C. for the 14th pick (which became Justin Capiccoti) and the 38th pick (which became Ryan King).

Toronto was later charged with blackmail and extortion.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Yep, Stephen Jyles, kicker Grant Shaw and a 2012 first round draft pick. Edmonton then traded that first rounder (which was 2nd overall, ended up being Jabar Westerman) to B.C. for the 14th pick (which became Justin Capiccoti) and the 38th pick (which became Ryan King).

Toronto was later charged with blackmail and extortion.

im still baffled as to why anyone would trade a 2nd overall pick for a 14th and 38th.  you have to assume the 38th is probably a career STer if anything at all.. and even at 14th, you are starting to look at the slim pickings of the top of the board.. 

odd, odd trade unless EDM was insanely desperate for NI talent.