Referees

BigBlue

I am a long term mystic believing CFL REFS are somehow biased (CFL directed) against our Blue .... most of the time I decide I have been hallucinating and the perceived bias is just my homer mentality but there are times when it seems it was actually unfair.

Tonight with the penalties 9-3 favoring Ottawa I really wondered .... especially after the hands to the face called on Goosen .... so much goes on in the trenches that I wondered how it was called seemingly unevenly ...

But as my old hockey coach used to preach to us, you have to play better than the referees' adversity ... and tonight the Bombers did just that .... YIPEE!!!

Edited by BigBlue

I dont think they are biased against us. No grand conspiracy here. Its just the way we play with an edge is not advantageous with the current rule enforcement. This is what happens with a nasty first OL. 

The reffing in the league IS problematic though. No consistency in PI calls. I think if they put PI back to how its supposed to be in Tackle Football with the challenge change the game would improve drastically and the refs would have room to breath. 

The refs were, as usual, pretty awful. I thought they were worse against us. They clearly were targeting our OL, and I can see why they threw them. Thought some of them were pretty soft. As I said in the game thread, Ottawa's guys were losing their footing pretty easily and I thought that made some of these plays look way worse. Chung's hold near the end of the game that took away the throw to the six, the tackle was losing his balance already...the PI call against Roc was pretty close to within the five yards and again the receiver fell easily after contact...

I've found over the years that Murray Clark (no longer a head referee, but still part of the crew) really does seem to have a bias against Winnipeg.  I distinctly remember a play a few years back when you could see on the play that the Bomber QB at the time (I believe it was Buck) took a nasty headshot and Clark was right there in the background staring right at Buck as he got hit and didn't call RTP.  It was so blatantly obvious that he missed the call, it wouldn't surprise me if that one play could be the reason he's not a head referee anymore.

25 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Watch that play again boys - he pushed him out of bounds before the ball got there. Crafty play by our #4, I guess. 

I can't help but feel like ever since you sat with Burris on that plane ride, you've been a not-so-closeted RBs fan.......boooooo to you, sir....

My gawd! What is wrong with you people? The guy notices that we got away with one, which he's happy about, and you accuse him of being a RBs fan. Sheesh! Sensitive much?

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

My gawd! What is wrong with you people? The guy notices that we got away with one, which he's happy about, and you accuse him of being a RBs fan. Sheesh! Sensitive much?

there's more to it than just that....but ya....relax...it's all good.....

All of our penalties were warranted and deserved.  Multiple 'hands to the face' and a holding call where our onlineman arm barred a defender.

We had many more penalties the ott but not really bogus.  

And, Rod Black mentioned during the game that the Bombers, going into this week, were the LEAST penalized team in the cfl .  I found it hard to believe but he's he man looking at the stats. 

Edited by basslicker

23 hours ago, Noeller said:

there's more to it than just that....but ya....relax...it's all good.....

16 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Nah .  He's just a closeted RedBlacks fan. ?

The hilarity continues.  I assume you've both watched the replay and noted the crafty push the out of bounds?  We'll take it - all the way to 4 - 2.

On 04/08/2017 at 9:17 PM, BigBlue said:

I am a long term mystic believing CFL REFS are somehow biased (CFL directed) against our Blue .... most of the time I decide I have been hallucinating and the perceived bias is just my homer mentality but there are times when it seems it was actually unfair.

Tonight with the penalties 9-3 favoring Ottawa I really wondered .... especially after the hands to the face called on Goosen .... so much goes on in the trenches that I wondered how it was called seemingly unevenly ...

But as my old hockey coach used to preach to us, you have to play better than the referees' adversity ... and tonight the Bombers did just that .... YIPEE!!!

Where did you get that information? The official box score for the game says the Bombers were penalized 9 times for 95 yards and the RedBlacks 6 times for 80 yards.