Stamps @ Bombers: Game Day Thread

Noeller

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Doing a taproom tour to prime up this afternoon. Started at Little Brown Jug, more very on to Half Pints, then One Great City a bit later. Absolutely gorgeous day for pints in the city. No word of a lie, when we sat down with a taster flight at HPs, Bachman's "Prairie Town" came on the speaker. Fantastic...  

I think you're having what's referred to as a Perfect Friday. And it sounds magical.

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Doing a taproom tour to prime up this afternoon. Started at Little Brown Jug, more very on to Half Pints, then One Great City a bit later. Absolutely gorgeous day for pints in the city. No word of a lie, when we sat down with a taster flight at HPs, Bachman's "Prairie Town" came on the speaker. Fantastic...  

have a great day

Edited by kelownabomberfan

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nice.  I checked out One Great City last week.  They are still setting up their brewing process though, the beer they were serving was trucked in.

Food is pretty decent there too.  Charcouterie yum yum.

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya the fiancee (that is still ****** up to say...just got engaged) is a huge craft beer nut. Have heard OGCs Milk Stout is epic... Excited to try. Best Game Day ever! 

Yeah the Milk Stout is really good.  I'm a big stout fan and I approve heartily.  I wanted to be really sure so I had like five or six.

Hey Cory

Eat at OGC - their food is awesome. The beer they have is their own, I just don't think the early batches were on their own system. Really enjoyed the vibe there, it reminded me (layout wise) of Surly in Minnesota.

Make sure you try Codename Ghost at Half Pints if you're still there - best beer in MB right now easily.

7 minutes ago, Seekoy said:

Half Pints is the jam.

If you want a lighter beer that tastes IPA like : Muskoka Detour is a go to.

Badly want to do a Dangerous Man Brewery run next trip to Minny.

That RUFF Draught they released is way better - it's advertised as a blonde ale, but it's hoppy like an IPA. Really good stuff.

If you're hitting up Dangerous Man, take pit stops at Junkyard (Moorhead) and Disgruntled (Perham) along the way, you won't be disappointed. Indeed, Modist and Wild Mind are personal favourites of mine IN Minneapolis also.

Thanks guys! Have had some awsome brews and food. Heather loved the Beer Cheese Soup and I had the Pulled Pork at OGC. Fantastic. Milk Stout was as great as advertised and will be even better when they fix the carbonation on the next batch... 

ok i can't copy this pic but looks like the only changes are Fogg out, Walker in as back up DB to Carmichael and Lankford as primary returner

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/06/Depth-vs-Calgary.pdf

IN: Walker              OUT: Fogg

likewise with Calgary,  can't copy the pic

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/170707-position-chart-roster-at-Winipeg.pdf

IN: Odiase, Milanovic-Litre, McManus, Kohlert, Daniels, Whiteside, Colling

OUT: Thibault, Bush, Ross, Hughes, Caron, Bergman, Michel

With Law already missing, missing Hughes and Turner is pretty big, Our Oline should be able to buy nichols plenty of time to set up shop.

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

looking at Calgary's OL as well,  I think on paper we have the better trenches on both sides of the ball. Would love to see BLM eat some turf early and often to get the crowd going ape ****. I just hope I don't have to high five strangers lol That's a bit of a pet peeve of mine even tho I oblige

You'd hate me then

Edited by Judd