Stamps @ Bombers: Game Day Thread

Noeller

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

20 - 0 in the second half says otherwise.

All it says is we were bad.. One was a pick 6 also. Maybe we should have made adjustments to make sure nichols doesnt make bad decisions. 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

All it says is we were bad.. One was a pick 6 also. Maybe we should have made adjustments to make sure nichols doesnt make bad decisions. 

Just saying, the pick 6 was a beautiful disguised play by the linebacker, Nichols never saw him. We did nothing to fool the Stamps in the second half, we ran the same plays as the first, you can't do that against a good defence.

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I dont buy the halftime adjustments crap.. Unless u were in the room... Which none of us or walby were today so really its a cheap bs excuse. Bottom line.. Calgary was just better... We were just bad. 

Calgary outscored the Bombers 20-0 in the second half.  Also dominated in yardage and first downs.  The first half was much closer.  Whatever changes they made clearly had an impact in the second half.  I don't buy that crap that adjustments in playcalling after the half don't make a difference.

1 minute ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Calgary outscored the Bombers 20-0 in the second half.  Also dominated in yardage and first downs.  The first half was much closer.  Whatever changes they made clearly had an impact in the second half.  I don't buy that crap that adjustments in playcalling after the half don't make a difference.

They are just better than us. 

18 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Yes, they are better than us for many reasons...one of which is coaches who appear to make the superior halftime adjustments.

5 turnovers doesnt help. Nothing coaches can do when guys just have a bad game. 

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

How many TD's has Carmichael allowed in 2 games, must be 4 or 5?  Same story every time, he back peddles until the receiver blows by him then gives chase but never catches up.  Enough already.

Carmichael ain't getting it done,  I think it's time for him to go

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

We were terrible in the second half, especially on offense. Lankford is not a good returner. I still personally hate the LaPo offense.

3 to 5 yard passes when u got deep threats like dressler adams Washington is just mind boggling 

We got out coached badly. Nichols played a bad game. Our special teams wasn't special (we need Fogg back badly). Our offensive line got schooled several times by a make-shift Calgary d-line...

Frustrating how we keep losing to Calgary. Not sure if their team personnel is better than ours, but their coaching definitely is. Unfortunately if Bo Levi Mitchell has a less than stellar game, it doesn't seem to matter as the rest of Calgary steps up. Very frustrating. Oh well. the year is yet early. Let's hope we keep improving and beat them in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

3 to 5 yard passes when u got deep threats like dressler adams Washington is just mind boggling 

with how bad Nichols was at hitting his receivers tonight, and the drops when he did hit them... not sure going deep was going to work. I think JFGs TD grab was the longest reception of the night and mostly due to the YAC

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Put him in Wilds LB spot now... He was very good in pre season at LB...

Please get healthy Bruce Johnson. 

Couple things:

1. I wonder how much of this is Hall's schemes... I remember last year Johnson was a bit of a whipping boy, now everyone seems to be clamoring for him to get better.

2. Carmichael was awful - on top of getting eaten alive, he was the one called for offsides on that 3rd and 1 that gave Calgary another 3 cracks at scoring.

3. We need to be more aggressive on play offensive calling, it's the difference between playing to win, and playing not to lose. I also didn't like the call to take a knee going into the half.

3 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

We got out coached badly. Nichols played a bad game. Our special teams wasn't special (we need Fogg back badly). Our offensive line got schooled several times by a make-shift Calgary d-line...

Frustrating how we keep losing to Calgary. Not sure if their team personnel is better than ours, but their coaching definitely is. Unfortunately if Bo Levi Mitchell has a less than stellar game, it doesn't seem to matter as the rest of Calgary steps up. Very frustrating. Oh well. the year is yet early. Let's hope we keep improving and beat them in the playoffs.

Disappointed in how they lost tonight, such as no points in the second half,  but yes season is still young and were 1-1.  I think its actually better our weaknesses are being exposed early as we have a lot of time to fix them.  Much prefer it now then to suddenly find ourselves late in the season with a bunch of ?'s

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Couple things:

1. I wonder how much of this is Hall's schemes... I remember last year Johnson was a bit of a whipping boy, now everyone seems to be clamoring for him to get better.

2. Carmichael was awful - on top of getting eaten alive, he was the one called for offsides on that 3rd and 1 that gave Calgary another 3 cracks at scoring.

3. We need to be more aggressive on play offensive calling, it's the difference between playing to win, and playing not to lose. I also didn't like the call to take a knee going into the half.

I thought Hurl got called for that,  I might be wrong tho

** edit  sorry your right,  looking at the PBP it was R. Carmichael.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought Hurl got called for that,  I might be wrong tho

At the stadium they called #4 (Carmichael) - its entirely possible the refs just got the wrong number. Hurl would make more sense as its usually guys on the line that get called offsides in those situations. TSN's detailed log has it listed as Carmichael as well:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/game/calgary-stampeders-winnipeg-blue-bombers-20170707/log

Edited by Eternal optimist