Stamps @ Bombers: Game Day Thread

Noeller

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Likely an INT if it's "on the money."  That was a throw away because JFG was the only receiver in the route off the flea flicker misdirection and he was covered.  That time the misdirection didn't work.

I think question remains though, I don't mind the play call (though I wouldn't have done it at that time) but why have JFG be the target on a hook and go? He doesn't have the speed to make that play.

I'm putting this lose solely on the Offence. I don't understand how anyone isn't? BLM is going to score points. Yet he was held to 9 points and 7 completions off of 3 turnovers in the 1st half!!!! That alone should give the defence the game ball. They played very well in the first have and started to lose it in the 2nd half.

The O, specifically LAPO and his **** play calling, were reason 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 of why the bombers lost. That and mistakes made by basically every one on that side of the ball. How many teams win when they throw a int in the end zone and then a pick 6? Too many mistakes by the O. and **** for brains play calling!

I believe a major reason we lost this game was because of our own mistakes, and not Calgary whooping us, which makes it easier to get over knowing things are correctable.

On a side note, the league needs to absolutely get rid of the option to challenge illegal contact. Pass interference is fine, but the illegal contact is just awful. BLM throws a timing out to the left sideline, his first read which was short of the 1st down, yet lets allow them to challenge illegal contact on the other side of the field where BLM was never going to look, ever. I know it's been beaten to death, but this is getting ridiculous already.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think question remains though, I don't mind the play call (though I wouldn't have done it at that time) but why have JFG be the target on a hook and go? He doesn't have the speed to make that play.

I'm putting this lose solely on the Offence. I don't understand how anyone isn't? BLM is going to score points. Yet he was held to 9 points and 7 completions off of 3 turnovers in the 1st half!!!! That alone should give the defence the game ball. They played very well in the first have and started to lose it in the 2nd half.

The O, specifically LAPO and his **** play calling, were reason 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 of why the bombers lost. That and mistakes made by basically every one on that side of the ball. How many teams win when they throw a int in the end zone and then a pick 6? Too many mistakes by the O. and **** for brains play calling!

Maybe because the opponent wouldn't expect that play to him either?

1 hour ago, PegCityJets9 said:

I believe a major reason we lost this game was because of our own mistakes, and not Calgary whooping us, which makes it easier to get over knowing things are correctable.

On a side note, the league needs to absolutely get rid of the option to challenge illegal contact. Pass interference is fine, but the illegal contact is just awful. BLM throws a timing out to the left sideline, his first read which was short of the 1st down, yet lets allow them to challenge illegal contact on the other side of the field where BLM was never going to look, ever. I know it's been beaten to death, but this is getting ridiculous already.

I don't disagree but until then, you have to stop smacking these receivers downfield.

Either it's a rule that they follow or they remove it. Can't say that if the refs don't catch it, then it shouldn't be reviewed.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't disagree but until then, you have to stop smacking these receivers downfield.

Either it's a rule that they follow or they remove it. Can't say that if the refs don't catch it, then it shouldn't be reviewed.

They just need a common sense approach.  Presumably the people reviewing understand football.  The explanation could be that the QB had one read to the opposite side of the field and threw there without even looking to the entire side of the field where contact took place.  The refs on the field follow this logic, why wouldn't the reviews?  It's a major inconsistency.  There are the rules, but more importantly how they are applied.

On 2017-07-07 at 2:40 PM, Noeller said:

Ya the fiancee (that is still ****** up to say...just got engaged) is a huge craft beer nut. Have heard OGCs Milk Stout is epic... Excited to try. Best Game Day ever! 

congrats and.. my condolences lol.

On 2017-07-07 at 10:33 PM, blueandgoldguy said:

Walby just mentioned the halftime adjustments being the key to the game.  20-0 in the second half for the Stamps.

Yea doug brown mentioned this on 'OB as well and when he said it.. I did get a sense of impending doom lol.  Had a feeling we would get out-coached in the second half..  quite possible we thought we could stay status quo and keep picking away but.. clearly not the case.

my takeaways from this game..

-offense adjustments at the half fell flat.  

-defense being on the field plus the injuries burned them out real quick by the fourth. 

-Carmicheal and Lankford.. both are really underperforming to say the least.  I know Dave Richie said "every starting rookie will cost you a game over the course of a season...(or something to that effect..)"  but this is 2 now for Carmicheal and even though he wasn't practicing as a DB for the majority of camp, he was the SAM which is essentially a glorified DB (and no, I don't think he can take over Wild's WIL spot as I don't think he is big enough to stop a decent enough RB) and hes been beaten like a rented mule over and over again.. enough is enough.

I think the turnovers coupled with the lack of offensive game in the second half really killed it for this game.  we were in it right up to around the middle of the third but then we just gassed and the wind came outta the sails when we kept giving the ball back either on 2 and out's or turnovers.  

we played a very good team pretty well but in the end they exposed us when we had a tired and depleted defense on the field.  depth behind our starters doesn't seem to be very good at the moment...

yeah they need to change that challenge...Only plays that are challenging a called PI or a wanting of a PI on the play where the ball went. The incidental stuff away from the play if not called should not be allowed to be challenged

Just now, Booch said:

yeah they need to change that challenge...Only plays that are challenging a called PI or a wanting of a PI on the play where the ball went. The incidental stuff away from the play if not called should not be allowed to be challenged

such a grey area tho.. what if the QB was going to target the receiver but he was mugged so he had to look elsewhere?  we can't also just let DBs knock receivers around just because they ain't the targeted player in the play..

I do agree though it needs to be re-looked at.. again.. because losing a huge gain because a db and a receiver who are 30-40 yards away from the play are hand fighting is ridiculous..

How can a coach challenge for PI (well away from the damned play, mind you) and end up with an illegal contact call as a result?

That just doesn't make sense. That's the second time in as many games Dickenson has burned the Bombers by challenging chintzy garbage that had absolutely no impact whatsoever on the play.