Stamps @ Bombers: Game Day Thread

Noeller

16 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

This will also be an unpopular opinion but Harris is not nearly good enough as a running back to justify being featured so much. I will give him credit, he is a good blocker and very good as a receiver out of the backfield but at this point his number on the ground come purely out of the sheer volume he gets. It will never happen but Flanders is legitimately a far superior back. 

They don't commit to the run enough to even know IMO.  The run plays Harris gets are predictable.  I think Flanders could be a massive difference maker though.

**** Lapo is frustrating.

17 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

This will also be an unpopular opinion but Harris is not nearly good enough as a running back to justify being featured so much. I will give him credit, he is a good blocker and very good as a receiver out of the backfield but at this point his number on the ground come purely out of the sheer volume he gets. It will never happen but Flanders is legitimately a far superior back. 

I don't agree on this one. Harris is a very good back who should be used more, not less. Dude's a flat out player who tries to get the most yards he can on every single play. Establish Harris as a runner and a receiver and the rest of the offense will come together.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

They don't commit to the run enough to even know IMO.  The run plays Harris gets are predictable.  I think Flanders could be a massive difference maker though.

I had to laugh at the call-in fan who asked Irving to confirm that we had previously fired Lapo twice, once as an OC and once as a HC, and now we've brought him back as an OC? Brown and Irving were both chuckling in the background, I think.

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

I had to laugh at the call-in fan who asked Irving to confirm that we had previously fired Lapo twice, once as an OC and once as a HC, and now we've brought him back as an OC? Brown and Irving were both chuckling in the background, I think.

He has redeeming qualities.  The overthinking, trying to outsmart D is not one of them.  We have good players, let them play.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I will agree that the run plays are bland and predictable so that doesn't help but Harris still doesn't do anything for me. 

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't agree on this one. Harris is a very good back who should be used more, not less. Dude's a flat out player who tries to get the most yards he can on every single play. Establish Harris as a runner and a receiver and the rest of the offense will come together.

Trying to get the most yards each play is vastly different from actually getting those yards. He does not get it done between the tackles. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Couldn't help but notice Shaq Richardson looked pretty good for the Stamps while Carmichael looked awful.

Shaq Richardson was amazing in TC when he was here a few years ago. We don't bring in enough import talent to justify cutting the few actually good original Walters finds. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

Shaq Richardson was amazing in TC when he was here a few years ago. We don't bring in enough import talent to justify cutting the few actually good original Walters finds. 

But, if he was amazing, why did he get cut?

11 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Agreed, the sky is not falling yet. I think the majority of people were just disappointed the Blue didn't put up a better fight in front of a big home crowd, again.

I added a word. They have done this quite a few times.  Choked in front of a big hometown crowd.

Fan confidence in this team, is pretty fragile. Even some of the people here, that are very positive, don't seem to have a lot of faith in the team.

Edited by Mark F
edit

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I added a word. They have done this quite a few times.  Choked in front of a big hometown crowd.

Fan confidence in this team, is pretty fragile. Even some of the people here, that are very positive, don't seem to have a lot of faith in the team.

This.

It's what's so disappointing for me .. we have a great turnout last night .. the largest since 2014 .. and we **** the bed .. in typical fashion.

Just so disappointed by this loss. Sick and tired of losing to the Stamps. It wasn't that Calgary played so well but that Bombers performed so poorly in every facet: offence, defence special teams that just really pissses me off. The highlight for me was our D being stout and shutting the door multiple times with Stamps knocking at the 1. But so many other things throughut the entire game were just plain bad. Bonehead penalties again. I will repeat because I have said it before: we have no return game, I had been waiting for Lankford to fumble again and sure enough he did. Someone said Fogg on punt returns and Lankford on kickoff returns. But no. Lankford isn't the answer for either. We are losing the field position game. Also, the D line tried some new stunts last night but its obvious they are confused out there, even before Tristan O got a burner. Hurl or Westerman or whoever is the QB on D was not able to get them lined up properly in position on time. This goes to coaching on a team that has now given up nearly 70 points in 2 games. All of the DBs took turns looking bad last night and the only linebacker who played reasonably well was Jesse Briggs: Hurl and Leggett sucked. On O - I agree the signs were there last year even - Harris is not a good enough RB any longer. He's courageous but Flanders is better and Bombers need to recognize this although I fear MOS is too stubborn to make a change. Also, the QB play last night was very disappointing and the rope on Nichols needs to be short. He might respond well to having his starter role challenged. That is maybe the way it has to be for him. Receivers except for Dressler and JFG wereen't very good yesterday either. Time for TJ Thorpe? Why did we cut Sheppard? Anyway, I know it is just one game, but Nichols threw quite a few picks at the tail end of last year and now 3 in 2 games. He is not seeing the blitz. Worried ultimately about this team's preparedness and coaching. On paper, the talent level appears to be better than they are putting out on the field.

Edited by Doublezero

It's starting to look like we will continue to be a mediocre/barely average team under this leadership.   I just don't see the fire necessary.   Strange as I think we have many players who are full of fire, but the coaches, not so much.  Blandsville. 

Just too many mistakes yesterday. We were lucky to still be in the game after the three early turnovers.

I was concerned about the defense going into the game but they really kept us alive as best they could. It was only a matter of time before Calgary started to take advantage.  

The Roc Carmichael experiment should be over. I don't care how good his camp play was, he is currently not good enough to be on the field. I'd like to see some more blitzes as well. 

The offense was a disaster. Nichols was just not good enough. Those were picks that Glenn threw last week.  He'll need to get back on track in a hurry. 

I was at the game yesterday and it was absolutely rocking when we were still close. It was pretty disappointing to see the performance turn poor so quickly. I don't know what it is with their home games. 

Just now, Atomic said:

Nope.  I was never under the illusion that this was going to be the best team in the league.  I saw us finishing anywhere from 8-10 to 12-6.  All I know is that this is a playoff team and my opinion hasn't changed in that regard.  Get hot at the right time, get into the playoffs and anything can happen.  Sure I would have loved to see a win last night, but I wasn't expecting it.

Once again, it wasn't just the loss, and you could make a good argument that the Bombers were out-matched. It was the wilting in the second half with the coaches unable or unwilling to make adjustments when the Stamps sure as poop could and did, plus all the turnovers. The game was winnable, but the Bombers shot themselves in the feet once again. After the last game I posted that the Bombers would have to be a heck of a lot better against Calgary to compete , but they weren't. O'Shea's ` I'll have to look at the tape` is insulting to the fans, as all in this forum and probably every fan in stands could see what went on.

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Agreed, I know last night when Lankford fumbled that return the general atmosphere at IGF was "here we go, again...". The silver lining I guess is that considering we served up 5 turnovers, we managed to hold one of the best offenses in the league to under 30 points. It's too bad the offense couldn't muster up more positive plays.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Once again, it wasn't just the loss, and you could make a good argument that the Bombers were out-matched. It was the wilting in the second half with the coaches unable or unwilling to make adjustments when the Stamps sure as poop could and did, plus all the turnovers. The game was winnable, but the Bombers shot themselves in the feet once again. After the last game I posted that the Bombers would have to be a heck of a lot better against Calgary to compete , but they weren't. O'Shea's ` I'll have to look at the tape` is insulting to the fans, as all in this forum and probably every fan in stands could see what went on.

A loss is a loss.