Reassessing Chris Jones' Riders

BigBlue

Ya I thought Alexander was mostly good. It was Carmichael who got picked on most, but as has been reported this week, MOS says he's got a really tough assignment that'll take a bit to learn, and in the meantime, other guys have to help him out... 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya I thought Alexander was mostly good. It was Carmichael who got picked on most, but as has been reported this week, MOS says he's got a really tough assignment that'll take a bit to learn, and in the meantime, other guys have to help him out... 

This sounds like unwelcome news against a well-coached team like Calgary.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Carmichael played SAM all through camp and didn't get to practice at HB until Leggett was healthy.  He's going to be better next game.

thats kinda how I saw it as well, he was tossed to the wolves a bit at HB seeing as he was seeing most of his reps at SAM all camp.

11 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

thats kinda how I saw it as well, he was tossed to the wolves a bit at HB seeing as he was seeing most of his reps at SAM all camp.

It is a valid explanation.

I think he can figure it out. The Demski TD was the deer in the headlights moment. Ran right past him. Enjoy defending that running start.

He was picked on a lot.

Just now, Seekoy said:

It is a valid explanation.

I think he can figure it out. The Demski TD was the deer in the headlights moment. Ran right past him. Enjoy defending that running start.

He was picked on a lot.

Yea I do too.. hes got the skill set for me it me thinks, I believe the motion did cause him the most grief.  Dempski's no slouch either.   I expect him to be more acclimated to it and give a better showing this week.. if not, I don't expect him to be long for this secondary..

If Jones had not made the personnel changes he did this week I would have bet on Regina not Hamilton in the upcoming game .... but i expect the changes will give the Cats the psychological edge that will make all the difference in the game .... it would not surprise me if the game is close early but Hammy will pull away and maybe explode in the 2nd half

Edited by BigBlue

I hope the Riders manage to put a couple wins on the board before the Labour Day/Banjo Bowl games for no other reason than I've seen that stupid series derail our season on too many occasions.

Nothing would be more dangerous than for the Blue and Gold to go into those two back-to-back games above .500 (hopefully) and with the 'Riders with like 2 wins or something.

6 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I hope the Riders manage to put a couple wins on the board before the Labour Day/Banjo Bowl games for no other reason than I've seen that stupid series derail our season on too many occasions.

Nothing would be more dangerous than for the Blue and Gold to go into those two back-to-back games above .500 (hopefully) and with the 'Riders with like 2 wins or something.

Meh. It worked out just fine last season. The Riders were 1-8 going into Labour Day Weekend and the Bombers managed a win there for the first time in over a decade.

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't see how the record going into a game has an effect on the outcome of the game.

The 2015 Riders were 0-9 and the Bombers lost the LDC that season. In two consecutive seasons, we see very similar records for one but different results. So, I agree: a W-L record doesn't have an effect on the outcome of a game.

Can someone please explain to me the love obsession many fans at RF.com have with Dbaguron Carter? They keep calling him this super elite receiver and has all of this talent.  He had 1 +1,000yr season and 2 over 900yrds. But he tends to take a lot of really dumb penalties and we all know the attitude issues he has. To me that starts to out weigh the talent.

And the real head scratcher is Jones lets go of Dressler who was a class act and had better and proven stats. hummmm

On 7/5/2017 at 6:06 PM, tracker said:

Anyone else beginning to wonder if the players will lose their edge amid all this gong show that Jones has brought?

Players, even on bad teams, tend to conduct themselves with pride and professionalism.  After all, a player is always auditioning for a future job. What may do it though, and it is part of Jones' gong show, is a guy like Carter. So yes, to answer your question, I can see the players losing more than their edge.

Edited by J5V
spelling correction

17 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Can someone please explain to me the love obsession many fans at RF.com have with Dbaguron Carter? They keep calling him this super elite receiver and has all of this talent.  He had 1 +1,000yr season and 2 over 900yrds. But he tends to take a lot of really dumb penalties and we all know the attitude issues he has. To me that starts to out weigh the talent.

And the real head scratcher is Jones lets go of Dressler who was a class act and had better and proven stats. hummmm

big name from his pedigree.. hasn't lived up to the hype.  Has made some big catches, big plays but everything is overshadowed by his constant buffoonery. 

32 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

big name from his pedigree.. hasn't lived up to the hype.  Has made some big catches, big plays but everything is overshadowed by his constant buffoonery. 

If I remember correctly Jones felt Dressler  was too short. He prefers his receivers tall: big tall A holes.