Drew Wolitarsky

Biguns

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

We have the Knox bros.

But that seems a little quick to give up on Washington.  He was fine in game 1.

Not giving up - maybe his next two games are great...  but I'd definitely be looking at contingency plans for the ratio - team seems to be pretty set on Poop Johnson at DT

56 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not giving up - maybe his next two games are great...  but I'd definitely be looking at contingency plans for the ratio - team seems to be pretty set on Poop Johnson at DT

and rightly so.. guys been a beast in both games in run stopping AND pressure on QB. 

49 minutes ago, do or die said:

Johnson and Nevis have added something.....much stouter job filling the A/B gaps and getting up the gut pressure.   Problem is the lack of production at DE so far.   Soft zone in back, doesn't help.

Carmichael has been a big problem also tho.. Other dbs seem to be doing ok. 

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I like Wolitarsky's potential but how can anybody suggest we go two NI at receiver including him when he's barely been here?

If he is able to play any receiver spot at all this season with any success... that would be a major win... to suggest he should be starting after his first day of his first CFL practice... is a tad premature...

I was looking for comparisons to current WRs in the CFL and I kept coming back to Esk's WR Brandon Zylstra who has become incredibly productive.  So I did some research and from a physical standpoint the two are very similar (pro day results):

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1016742&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128487&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

Kind of a laugh - their respective team's CFL sites list them as 6.03 and 220 lbs but their pro day stats list them as 6.02 and 219 lbs.

Zylstra signed with Esks on May 30, 2016 so he had a whole TC to go through and he wasn't put on the active roster until week 14.  Using Zylstra as a model I wouldn't expect Wolitarsky to be on the Bombers active roster until well into the 2nd half of the season, and even then he would have to earn his reps playing ST's.  I like JFG but he is someone I feel more comfortable with as a backup, so hopefully Wolitarsky can take a Nat WR spot down the road.  He still has to learn the CFL game and earn his stripes but it gives him something to shoot for. 

One big advantage for Zylstra is QB play; Reilly is better than Nichols. Period.

• 2 months later...