Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg

BigBlue

On 6/26/2017 at 5:38 PM, BigBlue said:

Neither do we have psychology on our side in this stadium opener ...

I disagree. I cannot think of anything more fun in the regular season than ruining this party.Making that place go silent.

This is not wacky old Taylor Field where a historically shitty team raised up once in awhile playing in their crap stadium in the middle of nowhere. It has no history. What it has is the burden of expectation placed on the back of a bad football team. 

The Riders have a world of pressure on them without the talent to fall back on. The team, and the fans that are clear minded, know that. 

Use that against them...really looking forward to it. 

Listening to 1290 right now, Bauming has this woman from CJME or some communist radio station in Regina on. 

Honestly I just couldn't stop cringing for her, couldn't even muster up enough to even suggest the Riders could improve in one area. Is Sask being run by Kim Jong Il (Jones)?

Edited by Gotmilt

1 minute ago, Gotmilt said:

Listening to 1290 right now, Bauming has this woman from CJME in Regina on. 

Honestly I just couldn't stop cringing for her, couldn't even muster up enough to even suggest the Riders could improve in one area. Is Sask being run by Kim Jung Il (Jones)?

Even Rod Pedersen was stretching hard this morning for positives. In fact, most of the "positives" for Riders were negatives about comments that the Bombers were making. Almost like he was trying to manufacture bulletin board material.

I usually turn TSN 1290 off when Rod is on but I couldn't reach the radio. I still have headache.

Just now, JCon said:

Even Rod Pedersen was stretching hard this morning for positives. In fact, most of the "positives" for Riders were negatives about comments that the Bombers were making. Almost like he was trying to manufacture bulletin board material.

I usually turn TSN 1290 off when Rod is on but I couldn't reach the radio. I still have headache.

Bauming was asking if there was one area where they could improve, this woman proceeds to say well the dbs because they lost Justin Cox, then proceeds to say how great they are for picking up JJ. Finishes off by gushing over the no name linebacker replacing Henoc who isn't even a MLB by the way (played weak side last year).

6 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Bauming was asking if there was one area where they could improve, this woman proceeds to say well the dbs because they lost Justin Cox, then proceeds to say how great they are for picking up JJ. Finishes off by gushing over the no name linebacker replacing Henoc who isn't even a MLB by the way (played weak side last year).

But who had played MLB in the past!

Made it seem like Muamba was in Eguavoen's way and that this might be an upgrade.

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I got a feeling that Chris Jones will cheat on the ratio and just eat the fine whatever the amount is. 

Maybe the league ought to institute a rule that if a team does not honour the ratio rule in a game, if the offending team wins, they lose the win, and if they violate the rule and still lose, they get slapped with a hefty fine or have to play the next game with one fewer import player on the field.

On 6/29/2017 at 0:26 PM, Noeller said:

Now, as 17to85 and I were just discussing, I wanna believe this is going to be an awesome beat down by the Bombers, but there's still that little part of me that's a Bombers fan who's seen some **** over the years, and has seen this exact situation bite us in the ass before. Games we should win handily, and still we find a way to lose, because we can't have nice things.....

Rocky Butler!!

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Maybe the league ought to institute a rule that if a team does not honour the ratio rule in a game, if the offending team wins, they lose the win, and if they violate the rule and still lose, they get slapped with a hefty fine or have to play the next game with one fewer import player on the field.

I'm fine with the league giving us a first round pick from Saskatchewan

My dad took me to my first CFL game at Taylor Field in 1966, Riders Vs Bombers. Lancaster vs Ploen. We sat in the endzone on wood bleacher seats. I still remember that amazing experience - the sights, sounds, smells and roar of the crowd - it was crazy. I was too young to do it but back then you could kill a mick of whisky in your seat and fire up all the stogies you wanted. Game ended in a tie. 11-11. That new Mosaic Stadium over there looks pretty nice but I bet a flask and stogies in your seat will get you arrested. So, in the old days they didn't have as much luxury as today. But, you know, there was character. Seen alot of CFL football since that first game half a century ago. Enough to predict that Bombers are going to be spoilers in that place and come home happy.

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

My dad took me to my first CFL game at Taylor Field in 1966, Riders Vs Bombers. Lancaster vs Ploen. We sat in the endzone on wood bleacher seats. I still remember that amazing experience - the sights, sounds, smells and roar of the crowd - it was crazy. I was too young to do it but back then you could kill a mick of whisky in your seat and fire up all the stogies you wanted. Game ended in a tie. 11-11. That new Mosaic Stadium over there looks pretty nice but I bet a flask and stogies in your seat will get you arrested. So, in the old days they didn't have as much luxury as today. But, you know, there was character. Seen alot of CFL football since that first game half a century ago. Enough to predict that Bombers are going to be spoilers in that place and come home happy.

Did you puke?