In Case You Missed It

Mr Dee

WEEK ONE BYE - I don't even have to mention who

RT .@HerbZurkowsky1 - #AlsMTL have put Ray Drew, Anthony Sarao and QB Matthew Shiltz on one-game IR. Vet DB Ryan Phillips there too #CFL

Darrin Bauming - Kevin Fogg getting some strongside linebacker work today. Options there with Carmichael, Alexander, and obviously Leggett. #Bombers

Sask. -  is the CFL's youngest team at 26.9 avg while MTL is the oldest at 28.4. Also SK has the highest roster turnover with 29 returning players

Bob Irving - Medlock boots 58-yard Blue Bomber practice field goal with plenty to spare.

Ian Wild says the #Bombers D is keeping things more simple entering the season, to "fine-tune and perfect" what they have system-wise.

CFL matters big-time as avg. and total audiences of 851,000 and 2.9 million for mont-sask opener attest.  Love it❤️? - Bob Irving

On Patrick Neufeld - Jeff Hamilton

"He’s one of the most technically sound players I’ve worked with and one of the smartest guys," Bombers centre Matthias Goossen said. "Some people might say they know everything about every position, but Patty actually does know it."

"He’s a calming influence because he’s seen it all and been around it and he’s a confident guy, too, which makes him an asset. He’s a guy in the room that will have answers to all the questions," Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea said.

Neufeld’s contract is set to expire at the end of the season

Herb Zurkowsky  - Sorry that I missed this one, but #AlsMTL released NI receiver Devon Bailey on Wednesday. Former Edmonton 1st-round draft choice

Week 1

Montreal 17 - 16 over Sask

Calgary 31 - Ottawa 31

Edmonton 30 - BC 27

Toronto 32 - Hamilton 15

Calgary was fortunate for a Gillanders fumble..to get back in the game. But that's football..

The Lions also had 151 yards worth of plays called back by penalties, including a 90-yard punt return for a touchdown by Chris Rainey

?‍? All I can say after the weekend games is...Thank goodness for Justin Medlock

?‍?Get used to it - not exactly the friendliest words chosen to underline the state of affairs in the C’mon Centre.

Romby BryantWhat do you think about a QB that talks to much? - ?‍? It's really starting to irk me Romby

?‍?New word in the CFL at his week - egregious -  We better get used to it! 

?‍?the pressure on Collaros in that game painfully reminded me of pre 2016 days for the Bombers

?‍?Burn, baby burn. Argos taking a lot of shots downfield..with success.

Before the game - Ricky Ray - Needs 4 TD passes to become the 6th QB to reach 300; trails Matt Dunigan (303) by 7 heading into 2017 Starts 2017 with 54,883 passing yards (#4 all-time) needing just 117 to reach 55,000 career

?‍?Whoa. I was automatically going to put Montreal at the bottom of the Eastern standings, but then I saw Hamilton play.

“I do not have time to do my work” Collaros to Austin.

“We have to get a lot better, a lot of improvement,” Austin said. “And it needs to happen between now and the next game.”

?‍?Hamilton has the bye next week

?‍?the refs weren't a factor in the game

?‍?rushing wasn't a factor in the game 

5 QB sacks Tor. 3 for Ham.

Will Hill - 2 blocked FGs 8 tackles

Ricky Ray - 506 yards! 

3 100 yard receivers

SJ Green - is back. ?‍?It's not the yardage he got, but rather how he got them. Great catches

?‍?Not much to say Hamilton wise

-Edmonton 5 sacks BC 1

-The RedBlacks are a well Coached team.

-Who stumbled less? Durant or Glenn

-The Sask-Montreal game wasn't the game of the week.

?‍?Then there's the JC Sherritt injury. Maybe Tolliver too

-Kent Austin doesn't seem like a pleasant fellow

We shined a light on a little bit of it. But we have a lot of work to do. - Marc Trestman #CFL #Argos via @TSN1050Radio

?‍?Would you say Zach Collaros was under pressure?

?‍?Introducing...Duke "push-off" Williams for the Edmonton Eskimos. It's pretty unfair for DBs in the league if they allow offensive push off plays like the one Williams is already becoming known for...

Jamie Nye  - Here are my power rankings after week one:

Calgary 

Ottawa

Edmonton

Toronto

BC

Montreal

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan 

Hamilton

?‍?How can you rank a team that hasn't played yet?

My powder rankings..by division

Calgary                 Ottawa

Edmonton            Toronto

BC                          Hamilton

Saskatchewan      Montreal

And by league:

Calgary

Ottawa,

Edmonton,

Toronto,

BC,

Sask,

Montreal,

Hamilton,

?‍?Was it because the Argos are really good, or, the Ticats were really bad?

Joe Pascucci wonders about the same catch I wondered about... Another CFL Command Centre Video Review error? Sure looks like ball hits turf on Ti-Cats B.Tyms 2 point convert.

Rickey Ray throws the most catchable balls ever. #SoftTouch - Nic Lewis

?‍?SJ Green makes it fun to watch football ?, doesn't he?

TSN - Green believes Argos receivers could be best in CFL: bit.ly/2rSPFsk

?‍?This is a good point..

CFL News - A problem not exclusive to #CFL when it comes to review. Does anyone really know what goalie interference is in #NHL anymore, for instance?

*3 projected starters were missing from the Ticat lineup: Abdul Kanneh, Emanuel Davis and Craig Butler

Derek Taylor - Just finished up the Eskimos-Lions game. @JJ_Jennings10 was under pressure a remarkable 51% of pass snaps. Wow!

?‍?Wonder what he'll come up with for Collaros..

“I have goals,” Julio Feoli-Gudino “I’m going to make every catch, that’s the way I see it. For me, it’s about making sure every time the ball comes my way that I catch it. I need to make those important catches and momentum plays when I’m called.” https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/23/earning-every-start-julian-feel-gudino/

?‍?What did the Bombers do during their break? Why paintball of course...

http://ow.ly/rQ9O30cTsaj

Week 2 games

Ottawa @Calgary

BC @Toronto

Mtl @ Edm.

WPG @ Sask.

Bye Hamilton

If neufeld is that heady with the OL, hes well worth having around just to mentor the young guys we are grooming. So long as he doesnt see action... Maybe he has a future after playing of being an OL coach.

Not only did nye rank us with out us having played this year, he dropped us like a rock with out us having played. :rolleyes:

1 game, the first game of the season no less doesnt change things too dramatically for me. Cal is still the power house of the league until proven other wise. Ott looks strong, with healthy harris at qb. Dont think he has the bounce back ability from getting banged up and rocked. Similar with ricky ray and TO. With out ray they are probably the bottom of the league again, and thats a matter of time. (isnt it?) Improving teams tend to lose close games. But the riders under jones have perpetually been that team. If i was a tabby fan, id be worried. Another season with a heavy dose of masoli would be awful. 

Id slot us in under edm, and probably under ott for now if i had to rank us before we play. Over all the league looks really tough top to bottom. The riders may win few games but id expect them to be losing close games again. No roll over free spot on the bingo card win by 30 team. Should be a great season for football!

cal

bc

edm

ott

to

mtl

ham

ssk

Edited by wbbfan

Good lines by Steve Milton, 3downnation on Hamilton’s outing…

If the defence was a cereal it’d be Shredded Wheat,

If Sunday’s offence was a breakfast cereal, it would be Cream of Wheat:

?‍?Rick Ray went deep (15-plus yards) a dozen times, completing nine, 

?‍?After watching the Hamilton-Toronto game, I wonder if Ricky Ray can last a whole season..He wasn't hit often, but when he was, it looked like Monday-Morning-get-out-of-bed-slow.

?‍?Did all the procrastinators forget that the Blue Bomber offence is returning 10 of 12 starters?

Expect the #Eskimos to announce the signing of LB Alex Hoffman-Ellis. Should be on the field today. Good move with Sherritt gone. #CFL

Edited by Mr Dee

On 2017-06-26 at 9:11 AM, Mr Dee said:

Get used to it - not exactly the friendliest words chosen to underline the state of affairs in the C’mon Centre.

no, that doesn't sound very fan friendly.

Re Argos being bottom team wo Ray, I thought people had a good opinion of Fajardo.

Edited by Mark F

Bomber quotes…before the game

Matt Nichols- I was obviously more interested in the Saskatchewan game. I’ve already watched their game film 10 times and it’s a long week still ahead for us to continue watching it.”

Andrew Harris - “I love playing in hyped situations and when there’s lots of adversity and lots of noise,” Harris said. “I’ve been looking forward to this game more than anything and it’s going to be a great one.

Harris believes the closeness of the Blue Bombers players will make them a better team this season.

-Their fans are amazing and very loud,” dime back Moe Leggett said. “The stadium is beautiful. It seemed like they waited till we built ours so they could make an upgraded version of ours, but that’s Saskatchewan, right.”

?‍?We gotta win that game on Saturday because we are in the position of being the better team. Whatever we do, we cannot drop our level of play downwards. We must have the Riders chasing us all game. 

I want to see frustration on the faces of the fans and Rider players.

We gotta win that game on Saturday, most of all, because I don't want to hear the incessant whining that will surely follow if we should lose.

CFL News - revisited

The Toronto Argonauts have acquired international all-star receiver S.J. Green from the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for the Argos sixth round selection in the 2017 CFL Draft and a conditional draft pick in 2018.

?‍?It's only been 1 game, but can you say “great gamble” by the Argos?

And Green says:  Marc Trestman is the best coach I’ve ever had.      #CFL #TorontoArgonauts #NaylorandLandsbergintheMorning

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Bomber quotes…before the game

Matt Nichols- I was obviously more interested in the Saskatchewan game. I’ve already watched their game film 10 times and it’s a long week still ahead for us to continue watching it.”

Andrew Harris - “I love playing in hyped situations and when there’s lots of adversity and lots of noise,” Harris said. “I’ve been looking forward to this game more than anything and it’s going to be a great one.

Harris believes the closeness of the Blue Bombers players will make them a better team this season.

-Their fans are amazing and very loud,” dime back Moe Leggett said. “The stadium is beautiful. It seemed like they waited till we built ours so they could make an upgraded version of ours, but that’s Saskatchewan, right.”

?‍?We gotta win that game on Saturday because we are in the position of being the better team. Whatever we do, we cannot drop our level of play downwards. We must have the Riders chasing us all game. 

I want to see frustration on the faces of the fans and Rider players.

We gotta win that game on Saturday, most of all, because I don't want to hear the incessant whining that will surely follow if we should lose.

CFL News - revisited

The Toronto Argonauts have acquired international all-star receiver S.J. Green from the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for the Argos sixth round selection in the 2017 CFL Draft and a conditional draft pick in 2018.

?‍?It's only been 1 game, but can you say “great gamble” by the Argos?

And Green says:  Marc Trestman is the best coach I’ve ever had.      #CFL #TorontoArgonauts #NaylorandLandsbergintheMorning

great move but gamble?  it was a 6th rounder lol.  I cant believe they got Green for that.. might as well have traded him for a bag of peanuts.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Using the ignore feature for about ten members here will also accomplish the same goal.  Considering how the offseason has gone and that no games were played, I'd say their behavior has little to do winning or losing.

Bob Wylie watch

often quoted PFF ranks Browns line 2nd in NFL

2. Cleveland Browns

The offseason free agent spending spree could pay off huge dividends in Cleveland. J.C. Tretter and Kevin Zeitler both bring well above-average grades from a season ago at center and guard, respectively. The only question mark comes at right tackle where Shon Coleman looked at least competent in his 62 snaps as a rookie.

The Browns did a good job bringing in some new Offensive Linemen free agents. It looks like there is more talent
and experience than last year’s group. The other major addition is the OL coach … Bob Wylie. I have read his bio
and have listened to him speak in videos about his goals and his philosophy of offensive line play. This veteran
OL coach will, I believe, make a huge impact in the group’s performance.
(fan comment)

Go Browns!