Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

After his treatment in Winnipeg he became both disgusted and disillusioned .... hung up his cleats to become an electrician

I would be unfortunate if that happened but giving up after one try does not show much determination.  Take Cameron. I don't know the man so won't say more.  I like MOS so it makes it harder to be critical. 

2 minutes ago, peggars said:

SPECULATION:

Apodaca's rocket and accurate arm fitted for deep tosses does not fit Lapo's checkdown/5 yard slant style of offense....so Lapo got rid of him....

Throws over 8 yards are for showoffs anyways, screw Apodaca....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

His 2-6 outing on Saturday says he's not as accurate as you would suggest.  At least one of his misses was due to his rocket arm sailing the ball over the receivers head.  IIRC after that throw, Bob & Doug were talking about him needing to take a little bit off the ball sometimes.  When I saw him in camp, he looked OK for a 4th string guy but certainly not a guy who was ready to challenge for a roster spot.

3 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

most of the throws i saw, Apodaca was one hopping them off the turf, would roll out and absolutely wire one at the receivers feet.

Davis and Lefevour clearly better, non issue, handled internally.

I only watched about an hour and a half of TC... but from what I saw Apodaca definitely had a rocket arm... but as we've discussed ad nauseum, it takes more than an arm to be a professional QB...

27 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Kuale was a surprise cut?  I thought he was a surprise signing...

Yes Floyd, you are correct. I could have used a better example. But honestly, I've been bonked in the head too much and can't remember who was a surprising cut this year, but a bum in the dressing room. It was a receiver....

my point is, if big blue is only guessing there are no character flaws, he would have to consider that aspect before leveling the coach. 

Chris Jones won a Grey Cup and then got a fat contract ... his flaws are everywhere and plain to see but he is a success story .... MOS has flaws too but I also think he will be another success story, maybe even this year .... you just need your strength of character to be greater than your flaws and I think that is even more true for MOS than for Jones .... but that does not mean those flaws won't drive everyone nuts once in a while or even more often than that

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

baseless speculation: I don't think so .... see Kuale, Bellefueille and now Richie Hall .... its possibly showing up with Apodaca now who wasn't given a chance to play a down .... I know what i saw of him in practice  (he was very good with a great arm).... I am guessing there was no special character flaw in the man or that he was just too green to be a worthwhile project .... it is most likely that MOS just has no interest in Apo and any reason given for his departure will be self justification and NOT good football reasons

...or your assessment of a qb is wrong based on the fact you are simply a fan?  maybe he was a **** behind the scenes?  

speculating that its simply because its O'shea not liking the guy is kinda lame.  Maybe he asked for his release when he saw he wasn't going to be #1 or 2?

nobody but the guys you are slamming know the truth of it all.

15 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Chris Jones won a Grey Cup and then got a fat contract ... his flaws are everywhere and plain to see but he is a success story .... MOS has flaws too but I also think he will be another success story, maybe even this year .... you just need your strength of character to be greater than your flaws and I think that is even more true for MOS than for Jones .... but that does not mean those flaws won't drive everyone nuts once in a while or even more often than that

I don't think that anyone will argue that Osh can be loyal to a fault sometimes. Names like Kuale instantly jump off the page to support that. Yantz and Apodaca....not so much. Pick better examples and people may take your point, or at least allow you your opinion, however when you go diving into the theatre of the absurd like that it's hard not to see an obvious agenda and not immediately dismiss the premise.

Also, there is no organizational consultant in the world that would share your viewpoint on disagreements. Save your BS on that. However, I am glad you have decided to refrain from fictitious TC reports this year. It is appreciated.

Edited by gcn11