Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Fair point. And I agree, as a STH it was a brutally rough season to witness, especially with it being the inaugural campaign at IGF.

I just remember all the hype from Mike Kelly going into '09 and how let down I felt after that season. He basically crapped on everyone in Winnipeg - fans and the media alike - and did a worse job than the previous regime he had replaced. The ups and downs of that season were traumatizing and the only memorable thing was Fred Reid's performance in Vancouver. I was at the Banjo Bowl and the season finale vs. the Ti-Cats, and those two games just sickened me. In 2013, it was disappointment pretty much from the get-go. The home opener was fun and the Banjo Bowl was easily the highlight of the season, but I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact the team would be garbage because the organization had basically stood pat during the off-season.

I guess what I'm saying is the difference between the two teams in terms of talent was marginal at best. The QB corps for both teams were utter trash, and we all know without competent QBing, you won't make it very far.

Just proves that a coach's IQ is based on the talent level of the players he has at the time. Kelly was OC & considered a great football mind as he had Matt Dunigan as his qb in 1992-93. When he was HC in 09 he was stuck in the late 80's & early 90's with an offense of that vintage with 2 running backs as well as Stefan LeFors & Michael Bishop. Big drop in Kelly's IQ. Alienated everyone. Epic fail.