CFL: 60

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

They do but not nearly as bad as CJOB....  When listening to Bob it feels like every other sentence is an ad plug or a break for ads.   It's so choppy and hard for him to go in depth on anything.

How TSN does is great, blank joins us on such and such hotline. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

They do but not nearly as bad as CJOB....  When listening to Bob it feels like every other sentence is an ad plug or a break for ads.   It's so choppy and hard for him to go in depth on anything.

Agreed. CJOB comes as across as archaic and outdated in its delivery method. It's unfortunate because Knuckles is actually a good listen.

I wonder what happens to him when the contract expires. It'd be nice to get him on TSN as a guest speaker from to time, at the very least.

Listening to it right now. Some good content, really like that they are investing time to going deeper into the CFL. It would be amazing to see what Irving could do with the time and lack of interruptions that go into CFL:60.

I'm excited to hear Bob broadcast, pre/post game and coaches show. Got a great voice and passion and can do a good job going in depth, just a shame that CJOB is an infomercial with only some content.

4 hours ago, Nash00 said:

Yeah I am inclined to agree on CJOB. It's like that old SNL skit with Jimmy Fallon - "Welcome back - we'll be right back!"

haha nailed it.

3 hours ago, WildPath said:

Listening to it right now. Some good content, really like that they are investing time to going deeper into the CFL. It would be amazing to see what Irving could do with the time and lack of interruptions that go into CFL:60.

I'm excited to hear Bob broadcast, pre/post game and coaches show. Got a great voice and passion and can do a good job going in depth, just a shame that CJOB is an infomercial with only some content.

Yeah. Dream come true would be bomber coverage going over to 1290, and bob going with the blue. 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

haha nailed it.

Yeah. Dream come true would be bomber coverage going over to 1290, and bob going with the blue. 

I think at this point it has to be a formality. 1290 has been increasing their CFL content more and more, likely to make a push for broadcasting rights next year. I'm all for it under the caveat that Bob retires, because as long as he wants to do it he should be. He's too damn good to give it up to someone else if he still wants to call the games and I don't see any way he moves over to 1290.

CJOB had a hell of a run but with TSN being the TV rights holder I am sure that they will have significant pull in negotiations.

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think it just makes too much sense for him to go when the rights are up. Everything lines up well. If the Bombers win a cup in the next two years, and he could "go out on top" it would be the perfect Disney ending to an unparalleled career. 

I think he probably deserves it more than anyone else, the only thing worse than watching the Kelly/Burke debacles would be calling it on the radio. At least we could leave early/turn it off but Bob had to sit there and digest the whole thing.

I think that is probably why I respect and appreciate him so much as a broadcaster, he never sugar coated it when things were bad. If we sucked, he would let you know it.

7 hours ago, Nash00 said:

I think he probably deserves it more than anyone else, the only thing worse than watching the Kelly/Burke debacles would be calling it on the radio. At least we could leave early/turn it off but Bob had to sit there and digest the whole thing.

I think that is probably why I respect and appreciate him so much as a broadcaster, he never sugar coated it when things were bad. If we sucked, he would let you know it.

I still remember that Banjo Bowl we got destroyed 55-10 in 2009... Bob sounded more angry and disgusted with what he was watching then I was. In a weird way it was actually comforting to hear that dejection in his voice cuz he wasn't trying to polish a turd and tell me it was a cupcake

14 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I still remember that Banjo Bowl we got destroyed 55-10 in 2009... Bob sounded more angry and disgusted with what he was watching then I was. In a weird way it was actually comforting to hear that dejection in his voice cuz he wasn't trying to polish a turd and tell me it was a cupcake

The last coach's show he had with Reinbold in the studio was the most cringe worthy radio I had ever heard.

IIRC a caller started off with faint praise for the coach and then completely flamed him. The caller was relentless, and it seemed to go on and on...All the while Coach just took the abuse.

Meanwhile,  Irving just let it play out. He could have cut the guy off but didn't. In hindsight, Reinbold took it like a pro.

Compelling radio for the time.

5 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

The last coach's show he had with Reinbold in the studio was the most cringe worthy radio I had ever heard.

IIRC a caller started off with faint praise for the coach and then completely flamed him. The caller was relentless, and it seemed to go on and on...All the while Coach just took the abuse.

Meanwhile,  Irving just let it play out. He could have cut the guy off but didn't. In hindsight, Reinbold took it like a pro.

Compelling radio for the time.

I recall that Bob sounded relieved that a caller actually  took Reinbold to task. Memorable, because, according to a gentlemen's agreement, Bob was not allowed to be critical of Reinbold or any BB coach.