CFL Draft

Floyd

13 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

IMO Nate Behar will be the gem of this draft, his measurables are insane. I would be fine with taking him at 6 and trading down from 1.

Trent corneys measurables are insane. Behars are good. I would be pretty happy if we got him at 6 or traded the 1st down a bit and got him there. Not as technical as vandervoort. More athletic. I think both guys have a chance to be good cfl players and productive quick.  

23 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

lol no but i'm definitely not a fan of our current Canadian content at receiver. I think that Vandy also has great potential but i think he may be off the board before we pick. I would be very happy with him at 6.

Agree with all of that. I do like JFG but he goes from superman to the invisible man for long stretches. 

29 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

lol no but i'm definitely not a fan of our current Canadian content at receiver. I think that Vandy also has great potential but i think he may be off the board before we pick. I would be very happy with him at 6.

Nobody is off the board for us...we pick first overall...If we want Danny V at one, we'll take him

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Nobody is off the board for us...we pick first overall...If we want Danny V at one, we'll take him

Let me rephrase, i don't think the Bombers will select a receiver with the number one pick. Could they? yes definitely.

Also keep in mind that the team likely still has hopes for Addison Richards.... if not he wouldn't be on the roster.  Between him, the known resource in JFG, and the free agent pickup Matt Coates, I don't think they will be desperate for a receiver.  We're talking about filling one receiver spot and it's the 5th receiver.... not a huge need IMO.  But I'd be pleased to see Vandervoort or Behar here for sure.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Also keep in mind that the team likely still has hopes for Addison Richards.... if not he wouldn't be on the roster.  Between him, the known resource in JFG, and the free agent pickup Matt Coates, I don't think they will be desperate for a receiver.  We're talking about filling one receiver spot and it's the 5th receiver.... not a huge need IMO.  But I'd be pleased to see Vandervoort or Behar here for sure.

Competition is an area we lack at Canadian wr every year.

Edited by Gotmilt

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Agreed. When you consider A. Harris & T. Loffler's superb National play, you have even less of an imperative to fill the 5th rec. position by using a high draft pick.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

2 hours ago, tracker said:

To me, Bladek and Judge are the top two that ought to be at the top of the Bomber draft list. My opinion and a toonie will get you coffee at Tim's every day of the week.

Yeah. If i had to bet every thing i had on one prospect in this draft to be the best player out of the draft it would be judge. 

Bladek may start this year in the cfl, I dont think any other OL in this draft class does that.