CFL Draft

Floyd

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ankou at 2nd overall seems like an insane pick for a team that needs Cdns now.. especially OL

Why does Buono want Woods with Foucault, Steward, Fabien, Vaillancourt...?

Gray at #6 is not a great pick - don't want a futures until 15 or 23

Can't see Montreal wasting their only pick on Auclair...

Going to be an interesting draft.

The Way Ferguson explains it....Would you want Riders to select Gray earlier and then have him come back in 2 years and play for them long term.  The Bombers are essentially playing with house money, so it's not too out of the realm of possibility  for them to select Gray at 6. 

Just now, Mike said:

I gotta say, I'm not thrilled with the "insights" Marshall Ferguson has brought to the table as the CFL Draft guru for the website.

Seconded.  He basically just has all the teams picking guys who played CIS nearby.

I don't think he has any actual insider information to go off of, which makes him kind of useless as an analyst for a draft.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I gotta say, I'm not thrilled with the "insights" Marshall Ferguson has brought to the table as the CFL Draft guru for the website.

Some of the things he says are downright bizarre.  I don't believe he has followed the CFL very closely in the past.

Just now, Atomic said:

I'd expect him to come in and split reps 50/50 with Jake Thomas at the beginning with the better player taking more reps as the season progresses.

Yes, except I would imagine it'll be more of a 65/35 split for Jake.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Problem is, there are issues similar to this with most of these players. Ankou is the same way, it's been hinted at that he has very little interest in the CFL.

Which is the complete opposite of what Geoff Gray has said, unfortunately he inexplicably grew up a Rider fan.

"Interestingly the Gray family are all diehard CFL fans and none of them — including Geoff — have ever shown much interest in the NFL.

“The kids were Rider fans,” Bob said. “They used to paint themselves up in face paint, Rider flags on their faces and they got all the cereal boxes and the Kleenex boxes and all the Rider gear. Every time we went to Regina or passed through, they’d pick up Rider stuff. They just liked the Riders.”

As for Bob and Sharleen, they’d be just as happy to see Geoff playing for the Blue and Gold.

“If he gets picked up by the Bombers in the draft (on May 7), there’s always that option later on,” Bob said. “If it doesn’t work out (in the NFL) it would be great to have him come here. I always figured he’d make the CFL but NFL is one step higher. His heart is still in Canada for football. He still likes Canadian football.”

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/04/30/canadas-nfl-factory-produces-geoff-gray-latest-member-of-manitoba-bisons-to-get-a-shot

Just now, Noeller said:

are you ******* kidding me.......?  This is the first I heard of Gray being a Riders guy.....my enthusiasm for him just dropped HUGE. Wow....there are few things in the world I detest more than people who are "Riders fans" for no real reason...

I found it really disappointing too.  Sask can take him.  Traitorous filth

41 minutes ago, holoman said:

The Way Ferguson explains it....Would you want Riders to select Gray earlier and then have him come back in 2 years and play for them long term.  The Bombers are essentially playing with house money, so it's not too out of the realm of possibility  for them to select Gray at 6. 

We should pick Herdman, Morrisson and Conteh too so that they never play for Sask...

For a team that essentially wasted - what 5, 6 years of picks...?  I wouldn't call anything 'house money'

If they are going with Ekakitie, I'd really look at one of Judge/Mulumba, Behar/Vandevoort at #6

Then one of Schram, Roy or Spooner at 15

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Basically, he's supposed to be one of the only guys in the draft who is "pro ready" and can contribute on day 1. Having said that, there's questions about his desire and love of the game... 

Imop he is as pro ready as colling. vandervoort, behar, maybe bladek, and judge atleast on teams (along with a few other teams guys) as well.

I dont think you can question those guys commitment and desire. But if we are looking at faith first over all, im sure our front office believe he is 100% in on football as well. I dont see us grabbing a guy, especially not at no1 that has that question. Not to mention in a draft this deep. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Ankou at 2nd overall seems like an insane pick for a team that needs Cdns now.. especially OL

Why does Buono want Woods with Foucault, Steward, Fabien, Vaillancourt...?

Gray at #6 is not a great pick - don't want a futures until 15 or 23

Can't see Montreal wasting their only pick on Auclair...

Going to be an interesting draft.

Agree, and while jones co has drunk the grey goose cool aid, if they gamble I think its on an OL. I wouldnt go gray at 6 either but only because i think hes a lifer down south. I really want judge or a WR at 6, or if bladek fell. 

The only commonality with these mock drafts to the real deal is they are all crazy. Some how the actual thing will be even crazier im sure. 

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We should pick Herdman, Morrisson and Conteh too so that they never play for Sask...

For a team that essentially wasted - what 5, 6 years of picks...?  I wouldn't call anything 'house money'

If they are going with Ekakitie, I'd really look at one of Judge/Mulumba, Behar/Vandevoort at #6

Then one of Schram, Roy or Spooner at 15

Dont really want herdman. Wouldnt be surprised if we end up with him tho. 

Id love judge. Not soo high on mulumba. Behar or vandy would be great as well. 

If any thing i think the OL get reached for in this draft. I mean they allways do. Especially when you look and see the top tier guys in this draft gone south. 

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

are you ******* kidding me.......?  This is the first I heard of Gray being a Riders guy.....my enthusiasm for him just dropped HUGE. Wow....there are few things in the world I detest more than people who are "Riders fans" for no real reason...

/puke 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Trade the 1 to go a hair lower.....take Judge within the Top 5........??

I think HAM's only competition for Vandervoot is BC. So they dont necessarily need to go #1.

And I would like to think Jones and Austin are perfect trading partners. :D

28 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

UCLA has produced some good linebackers in the 5 years.  Also like the Bighill comp.

different physically and tools wise but very similar mentality and player types. If they were in the same class id take judge over henoc muamba. Ive drank the cool aid on judge. A guy with his work ethic, nose for the ball and general football instincts, commitment to and excelling on teams. and with off the charts athletic ability AND he would be in the league this year? shut up take my money and  give me more cool aid. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Judge is MOS Jr, and really....it's not a stretch......I don't know how the Bombers don't try and take him with one of the first 2 picks...

Imop judge is mos on steroids, herdman is more a mos clone. Mos, like wade was off the charts football smart, out worked every one on and off the field and lived and breathed football. If he had judge esq athletic ability, even scaled back to that era Hed a been hands down the best lber ever.