14. Edm - Luke

15. Wpg - Gray

16. BC - Ankou

17. Cgy - Vaughn

18. Ott - Herdman

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

No that info is hard to find.

I think you're referring to the 3down article by John Hodge.  He says:

That's only 5 players and 2 of them are free agents.  Very small sample size and still 2 of them could be in the CFL sooner rather than later.

David Foucault, O lineman is on on the Carolina Panthers. Don't know if he was in the group you're referring to.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

David Foucault, O lineman is on on the Carolina Panthers. Don't know if he was in the group you're referring to.

He was actually a mini-camp invite.  Didn't even have a contract.  Very rare for those guys to earn contracts but both he and Linden Gaydosh did it.

Guys in that situation this year are Jordan Herdman, Kwaku Boateng, Christophe Mulumba, Alex Morrison, and Felix Menard-Briere.

In 2015 the NY Giants basically invited the entire CFL scouting top 20 to their mini-camp but none of them got contracts.

Edited by Atomic
2015 not 2014

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

Per sources: A memo to all #CFL clubs Tuesday informed teams that board chair Jim Lawson will open Sunday's draft + announce first 2 rounds.

Interesting because it's not the outgoing Commish....

Sounds like the commish is dun already....just putting in time till he gets out of dodge...Not a great parting

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Sounds like the commish is dun already....just putting in time till he gets out of dodge...Not a great parting

Maybe he could take over for Lawless? I heard he's worked in sports media before.

This would be good as part of 1290 new expanded CFL coverage too!

:P

Edited by Mark F

Just some info...

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tsn-hosts-complete-live-coverage-of-the-2017-cfl-draft-this-sunday-may-7-at-7-p-m-et/

TSN Hosts Complete Live Coverage of the 2017 CFL DRAFT, this Sunday, May 7 at 7 p.m. ET

– 2017 CFL DRAFT kicks off with two hours of live televised coverage from the CFL ON TSN studio, beginning with the #1 overall pick by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers –

– TSN’s complete live coverage of the #CFLDraft continues at 9 p.m. ET with live streaming through TSN.ca and TSN GO –

May 4, 2017

TORONTO (May 4, 2017) – Canada’s Sports Leader is on the clock as TSN delivers complete live coverage of the 2017 CFL DRAFT (#CFLDraft) this Sunday, May 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN. The action kicks off with two hours of live televised CFL DRAFT coverage across TSN, followed by live streaming coverage of the later rounds beginning at 9 p.m. ET through TSN.ca and the TSN GO mobile app for TSN subscribers.

Farhan Lalji hosts TSN’s exclusive live coverage of the 2017 CFL DRAFT, joined by CFL ON TSN analyst and CFL DRAFT guru Duane Forde, who covers the CFL DRAFT for the 13th time in his career. The panel also features CFL ON TSN analyst Chris Schultz, CFL Insider Dave Naylor, and TSN Radio host and Hamilton Tiger-Cats radio play-by-play voice Marshall Ferguson. The panel breaks down the 2017 CFL DRAFT from the perspective of all teams, analyzes each player selected, and delivers live reports and interviews from the ‘war rooms’ of various CFL teams, including the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who hold the first overall pick.

Jim Lawson, Chairman of the CFL Board of Governors, will announce the selections for the first two rounds, live from the CFL ON TSN studio.

In addition to complete live coverage of the 2017 CFL DRAFT, TSN Digital platforms follow all the action with a live pick-by-pick draft tracker, as well as video analysis from TSN’s CFL DRAFT panel.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I'm getting the feeling we will not be taking Ekakatie at #1 and we also will not be selecting anyone at #6... that pick will be moved.  Just a gut feeling.

Trade that #6 for Laing. Get 'er than Kyle. ?

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I'm getting the feeling we will not be taking Ekakatie at #1 and we also will not be selecting anyone at #6... that pick will be moved.  Just a gut feeling.

I think they might try to trade down and add 1st or 2nd round picks next year, even with the 1st pick.

This draft class is just kinda blah, decent players but nothing too great and not a lot of roster space at this time either.  Could take a futures pick though.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Wonder how they've changed the process this year to stop Dunk from tweeting the picks before the broadcast announces them.

Maybe they've politely asked him not to (the most Canadian solution imaginable)... and he will oblige so as to not garner any ill will with the league...

39 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they might try to trade down and add 1st or 2nd round picks next year, even with the 1st pick.

This draft class is just kinda blah, decent players but nothing too great and not a lot of roster space at this time either.  Could take a futures pick though.

I think we take a roster player at one, and shop 6 around or take futures with it. Gray/Ankou etc. There are some fantastic players if we are willing to wait for them.

Edited by gcn11

5 Canadians busted for failed drug tests and will have their #CFL Draft eligibility deferred to next year:

Anzovino(kent state)

Mcdonald (McGill)

mcnicoll (carelton)

Simonise (Regina)

Stefanovic (Calgary)

If I were Walters, I'd offer up #1 to Hamilton for 4 and 13, or even to Edmonton for 5 and 14. Then, try to come away with a the best CFL-bound player on my board first at 4 or 5(might be Ekakitie, Bladek, Spooner...), Gray at 6, Behar or one of the top LBs at 13 or 14, Ankou at 15, and then BPA or even Senior at 23.

This seems like a good draft to take some futures, especially now that we don't need all of these guys on the roster right away.

18 minutes ago, rex said:

5 Canadians busted for failed drug tests and will have their #CFL Draft eligibility deferred to next year:

Anzovino(kent state)

Mcdonald (McGill)

mcnicoll (carelton)

Simonise (Regina)

Stefanovic (Calgary)

You know, it's one thing to post the same thing I did......but at least I gave Jeff Hamilton credit for the source...