Canadian Politics

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

couple of good things this morning..first, federally: 

then over in Alberta, where the first polling since the election officially began has now been delivered, and has the NDP up by about 10 points. Undecideds are going Orange, and (as Gerry Butts put it) many are "quiet quitting" the UCP: 

Much thanks for this- it certainly brightened my day!

On 2023-05-13 at 10:20 AM, Noeller said:

couple of good things this morning..first, federally: 

then over in Alberta, where the first polling since the election officially began has now been delivered, and has the NDP up by about 10 points. Undecideds are going Orange, and (as Gerry Butts put it) many are "quiet quitting" the UCP: 

Debbie Downer coming in hot on a Monday:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/braid-pollster-says-ucp-in-lead-over-ndp

Ugh.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

but it's also Don Braid quoting a pollstar who has been remarkably accurate in recent elections. This is bad news any way you slice it. God, I hate this province and the rednecks within....

Polling done between May 1 - 11.  How many stupid things has she said since?  Also, how many people actually pay attention to those stupid things?

Also:

Edited by Wideleft

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Polling done between May 1 - 11.  How many stupid things has she said since?  Also, how many people actually pay attention to those stupid things?

Also:

Yeah, this is the one that came out Saturday that we talked about already.... but the lady who reported today is shockingly accurate in the last few elections. It's bad news, without question, but all we can do is pray that Calgary smartens up. One thing I can say for a fact, I'm seeing WAY more NDP lawn signs in both Calgary and Rural than I can remember seeing. Not sure it correlates, but it's interesting...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

but it's also Don Braid quoting a pollstar who has been remarkably accurate in recent elections. This is bad news any way you slice it. God, I hate this province and the rednecks within....

This is not a normal redneck issue going on here. I can tolerate that with humor.

What I can't tolerate is the more serious dangerous ugly side of some Albertans coming out of the shadows given a steady flow of oxygen and packaged as 'another viewpoint, another side'. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, this is the one that came out Saturday that we talked about already.... but the lady who reported today is shockingly accurate in the last few elections. It's bad news, without question, but all we can do is pray that Calgary smartens up. One thing I can say for a fact, I'm seeing WAY more NDP lawn signs in both Calgary and Rural than I can remember seeing. Not sure it correlates, but it's interesting...

I do believe it's mentioned in the article that she feels she is better at "finding" the conservative vote.  

Whatever that means.  This ain't the Stelmach election.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Lord, I can't even begin to keep up with all the **** that's flowing in the last couple of weeks.

This first clip is from yesterday, she intends to implement an Ab. police force, no question.

The guy interviewing her is Vince Byfield, a well known zealot that happens to now be a director on the board of the UCP and the Take Back AB. group.

Smith is accepting 6 questions in total from the Press. 

Order of outlets asking Danielle Smith questions so far at today’s press conference: 1. Western Standard 2. Rebel Media 3. True North …

Pretty sure this one violates the Charter of Rights as did the electronic bracelet monitoring on parolees of interest, as you can't kidnap an innocent person off the street against their will and hold them in custody, even if it's for their own benefit.  Shades of Fascism arising, who's next, political opponents?

Pièce de résistance, this nutter is the VP of the Alberta Prosperity Project.

Moderate Conservatives don't seem to be paying attention to what's going on behind the scenes in this election.  If they get their foot in the door the next 4 years are going to be hell for Canada.

according to Ryan Jespersen, Edmonton media personality..... the word on the street is that UCP door-knockers are pleading with supporters to stick with the party, implying that Smith will be punted shortly after the election. If TBA is still pulling the strings for the UCP, that would mean someone AS crazy or even MORE......would be instituted after Smith got turfed. Terrifying and smacks of desperation on the part of the UCP....

On 2023-05-07 at 10:36 AM, Fatty Liver said:

I don't know how much you're paying attention, but Smith isn't really a conservative, she's a free wheeling libertarian with ties to many far right wacko groups that would be happy to tear down all vestiges of the equalitarian society we've built in Canada.  If you can't bother to do your homework, maybe don't bother to vote either.

Here are a few links to organizations she has direct ties to, it'll give you a pretty good sense of the their true political agenda, and clearly outlines their full intention of establishing Alberta sovereignty.  Are you good with that?

https://www.freealbertastrategy.com/

https://www.takingbackalberta.ca/

Notice the tattoo on her forearm?  It appears to be a recent addition, it is the Ama-gi symbol, which represents freedom and liberty, but it is also well known as a symbol that brands a libertarian as a member of the tribe.

Amagi Symbol: Liberty Fund's Logo | Online Library of Liberty

It's also the logo of this right wing think tank.

https://www.libertyfund.org/

She has also proudly displayed a "Don't Tread on Me" sign in multiple videos, perhaps there's a rebel flag on the opposite wall???

Joe Ceci on Twitter: "Reminder that Danielle Smith wants to force Albertans  to raise money when they face a medical emergency. The Alberta NDP would  end Danielle Smith's rush towards private healthcare.

A few days ago she made the following announcement, by no means is she finished with these ideas, she's just hiding them in her back pocket until after the vote. 

"United Conservative Leader Danielle Smith says she won’t be campaigning on some of her party’s more contentious ideas – sovereignty legislation, a provincial police force and an Alberta pension plan – ahead of the May 29 election."

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2023/05/05/smith-sovereignty-act/

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dude, don't lecture me or anyone else here about not being informed enough to vote. You're way out of line. Not appreciated. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Lord, I can't even begin to keep up with all the **** that's flowing in the last couple of weeks.

This first clip is from yesterday, she intends to implement an Ab. police force, no question.

The guy interviewing her is Vince Byfield, a well known zealot that happens to now be a director on the board of the UCP and the Take Back AB. group.

Smith is accepting 6 questions in total from the Press. 

Order of outlets asking Danielle Smith questions so far at today’s press conference: 1. Western Standard 2. Rebel Media 3. True North …

Pretty sure this one violates the Charter of Rights as did the electronic bracelet monitoring on parolees of interest, as you can't kidnap an innocent person off the street against their will and hold them in custody, even if it's for their own benefit.  Shades of Fascism arising, who's next, political opponents?

Pièce de résistance, this nutter is the VP of the Alberta Prosperity Project.

Moderate Conservatives don't seem to be paying attention to what's going on behind the scenes in this election.  If they get their foot in the door the next 4 years are going to be hell for Canada.

This sort of forced intervention is on the books already in all provinces. If someone poses an imminent danger to self or others, in the opinion of a peace officer or physician, they can be held for several days in closed custody for observation and assessment. This has to be reviewed in court to ensure this provision is not being abused.  

Edited by Tracker

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Very few UCP lawn signs in my neighbourhood. I can't even tell you who the UCP candidate is. We're in South East Calgary in Lake Bonavista. It's a well established & historically conservative riding. It's like the UCP have given up here. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Very few UCP lawn signs in my neighbourhood. I can't even tell you who the UCP candidate is. We're in South East Calgary in Lake Bonavista. It's a well established & historically conservative riding. It's like the UCP have given up here. 

Which riding specifically is it? Sadly south east calgary is the most blue and despite being a useless tool the guy in Calgary South East will likely get re-elected. Which is a shame because the NDP candidate is someone I have had work dealings with and he seems a thoughtful guy who tries to be pragmatic.  Exactly the sort of person I would want in government. 

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

You're more than welcome not to read my posts if they bother you so much.

A weird way of apologizing... 

Stranger way to get people to listen to the information that people need (seriously- thanks for that, it was really informative and drive home what Smith is all about). 

You insult someone and essentially tell them they are too ignorant and shouldn't vote, then go on to inform them of what Smith stands for in hopes that the person doesn't vote for Smith- seems counter productive.