3-Year Contract Extensions For Walters and OShea

JCon

On 12/10/2016 at 11:56 AM, Floyd said:

Its make believe time... fun!!

Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-in-Charlie-an

the only make believe is you fooling your self into thinking those coaches were fired for no good reason. hey what franchise doesnt love searching for a new coach every year and paying 3+ coaches not to work for you....

On 12/11/2016 at 10:14 AM, 17to85 said:

Bullshit, the reason Khari was done is because the terrible OL he played behind got him taking so many hits his shoulder was messed up.

Khari was on 3 teams after that. He played behind better ols and given the years he was in the league after leaving the blue he was healthy for a long while. He was done. Was it because or heavily aided by a crazy beating he took behind our OL? yeah. Im sure that had a big impact on it. But dont forget he played what 2 years maybe 2.5 with a poor ol? Plenty of qbs have seen that or longer with bad OLs. He lost his zip and touch. Which doesnt come from the shoulder. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the only make believe is you fooling your self into thinking those coaches were fired for no good reason. hey what franchise doesnt love searching for a new coach every year and paying 3+ coaches not to work for you....

Khari was on 3 teams after that. He played behind better ols and given the years he was in the league after leaving the blue he was healthy for a long while. He was done. Was it because or heavily aided by a crazy beating he took behind our OL? yeah. Im sure that had a big impact on it. But dont forget he played what 2 years maybe 2.5 with a poor ol? Plenty of qbs have seen that or longer with bad OLs. He lost his zip and touch. Which doesnt come from the shoulder. 

He was on three teams but his shoulder was still buggered from his time in Winnipeg, how is this hard to grasp? Injuries shortened his career, not the first player it happened to and certainly won't be the last. 

On 12/13/2016 at 11:31 AM, 17to85 said:

He was on three teams but his shoulder was still buggered from his time in Winnipeg, how is this hard to grasp? Injuries shortened his career, not the first player it happened to and certainly won't be the last. 

if his shoulder was buggered to the point he couldnt cut it any more he wouldnt have been on 3 teams. Shoulder injuries dont cause floaters. It doesnt cause the lose of  your touch. Its not like an elbow injury where its some thing career threatening. A shoulder injury is not going to change velocity, accuracy etc unless your arm is barely holding on at a level no one is going to be able to clear a medical on little on be put in a game with any thought of success. 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

if his shoulder was buggered to the point he couldnt cut it any more he wouldnt have been on 3 teams. Shoulder injuries dont cause floaters. It doesnt cause the lose of  your touch. Its not like an elbow injury where its some thing career threatening. A shoulder injury is not going to change velocity, accuracy etc unless your arm is barely holding on at a level no one is going to be able to clear a medical on little on be put in a game with any thought of success. 

Having thrown a few J5Vs in my day and having had a few shoulder injuries, well, I would have to disagree.

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ok then. Qbs don't need healthy shoulders to throw the ball. TIL

Recent memory would suggest Ricky Ray, Travis Lulay, and Drew Willy all struggled throwing the ball when their shoulders were "buggered". The first thing to go are the mechanics and it unravels from there.

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Wow, you know everything there is to know about the mechanics of football, coaching, schemes AND you're an expert in sports medicine too!  With all that knowledge and the obvious demands you must have on your time from CFL and NFL teams desperate for your input, I'm amazed that you can find a moment here and there to post on this forum.  Thank you so much...

On 12/17/2016 at 9:27 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

A bad shoulder doesn't cause a breakdown of throwing mechanics, weakness, a loss of strength & pain? You have no idea what you're talking about.

The shoulder isnt a start or stop point for mechanics. Throwing with a bad shoulder hurts. It doesnt change how  you throw. The motion is too quick for you to be effected directly by the pain. the shoulder has 0 impact on throwing strength. 

Thats why tons and ton and tons of young kids tear their elbows apart while still throwing hard and well in little league + levels of baseball. The pain and shoulder have minimal effect on the mechanics. Unless you have a piece of debris stopping you from using your normal slot/release point forcing you to throw the ball entirely different. Which khari did not. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The shoulder isnt a start or stop point for mechanics. Throwing with a bad shoulder hurts. It doesnt change how  you throw. The motion is too quick for you to be effected directly by the pain. the shoulder has 0 impact on throwing strength. 

Thats why tons and ton and tons of young kids tear their elbows apart while still throwing hard and well in little league + levels of baseball. The pain and shoulder have minimal effect on the mechanics. Unless you have a piece of debris stopping you from using your normal slot/release point forcing you to throw the ball entirely different. Which khari did not. 

384-2.jpg

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Please stop before you sound even more foolish. I don't like saying this but truly you have no clue. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Yea gotta agree here.. if your shoulder is toast, it throws EVERYTHING else off not to mention the pain from having a fouled joint. I buggered my rotator cuff in a car accident and took me forever to get strength and flexibility back.    Couldn't imagine if it was my actual shoulder joint

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

Yea gotta agree here.. if your shoulder is toast, it throws EVERYTHING else off not to mention the pain from having a fouled joint. I buggered my rotator cuff in a car accident and took me forever to get strength and flexibility back.    Couldn't imagine if it was my actual shoulder joint

Not only that but imagine like Khari Jones that throwing the football is how you get paid as a pro athlete? It's over. 

Khari failed to realize that the older you get the more important conditioning and training becomes in staying at a high level of performance. As with a lot of athletes priorities often change. His focus became more on his family, his business interests with Miller and on acting.

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

...Throwing with a bad shoulder hurts. It doesn't change how  you throw...

I just want to comment on this particular contradiction... if your knee hurts, does it change the way you walk?... if your index finger is busted, does it change the way you type or hand write?...

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I just want to comment on this particular contradiction... if your knee hurts, does it change the way you walk?... if your index finger is busted, does it change the way you type or hand write?...

And if your middle finger is broken, does it change the way you drive?

Sometimes it's a bit annoying when Mike backs up his players one hundred percent, even when fans think the player is playing badly. Like Kuale, etc.

I 've noticed Zimmer publicly criticizes players regulalry. and it seemed to work.

but I guess not after all..... first time I've heard of something like this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/24/vikings-dbs-defied-zimmer-ignored-plan-for-covering-jordy-nelson/

Edited by Mark F