US Politics

Rich

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Roger Stone unveils a doozy of a plan to install Donald Trump as president

Longtime right-wing political henchman Roger Stone on Thursday revealed his new plan to install Donald Trump into the presidency. Speaking to the Republican Accountability Project, Stone shared his blueprint for, as he sees it, rectifying the crime of Trump's defeat to President Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

The three-point plan goes as follows:

First, Stone expects the House of Representatives to elect Trump as its Speaker if they retake control of the lower congressional chamber in this year's midterm elections. This is permitted in the United States Constitution. Literally, anybody whom a majority of the House chooses can hold the gavel as long as they meet the basic qualifications for getting elected, which in the House is any citizen 25 years of age and up.

Next, Stone predicts that Biden's Cabinet will invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office. Over what, he did not say.

In the final stage, according to Stone, Congress will impeach and remove Vice President Kamala Harris for refusing to promote ivermectin, a deworming medication used in horses, as an effective treatment against COVID-19. It is not.

At that point, with Biden and Harris out of office, Trump would ascend to the presidency via the line of succession.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/03/roger-stone-install-donald-trump/

This Freedom of Speech with little consequence depending on who you are is really working working well for us.

15 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

This Freedom of Speech with little consequence depending on who you are is really working working well for us.

The scary thing is that this is legal- the only hitch would be the Biden cabinet revolting and impeaching Harris. Not likely, but who would have thought that a racist, misogynistic criminal like Trump would have been elected in the first place?

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Roger Stone unveils a doozy of a plan to install Donald Trump as president

Longtime right-wing political henchman Roger Stone on Thursday revealed his new plan to install Donald Trump into the presidency. Speaking to the Republican Accountability Project, Stone shared his blueprint for, as he sees it, rectifying the crime of Trump's defeat to President Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

The three-point plan goes as follows:

First, Stone expects the House of Representatives to elect Trump as its Speaker if they retake control of the lower congressional chamber in this year's midterm elections. This is permitted in the United States Constitution. Literally, anybody whom a majority of the House chooses can hold the gavel as long as they meet the basic qualifications for getting elected, which in the House is any citizen 25 years of age and up.

Next, Stone predicts that Biden's Cabinet will invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office. Over what, he did not say.

In the final stage, according to Stone, Congress will impeach and remove Vice President Kamala Harris for refusing to promote ivermectin, a deworming medication used in horses, as an effective treatment against COVID-19. It is not.

At that point, with Biden and Harris out of office, Trump would ascend to the presidency via the line of succession.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/03/roger-stone-install-donald-trump/

There are a great number of staunch defenders of democracy in the USA.  ( as long as their candidate  and party win )

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

The scary thing is that this is legal- the only hitch would be the Biden cabinet revolting and impeaching Harris. Not likely, but who would have thought that a racist, misogynistic criminal like Trump would have been elected in the first place?

To quote Chris Hedges - " Trump is the face of our collective idiocy.  He is what lies behind the mask of our professed  civility and rationality ----- A sputtering , narcissistic,  imbecilic megalomaniac "   

I believe Hedges is right.Trump is a symptom of the inner rot that infects the world right now. He would never have been elected if he didn't mirror the ethos of a large portion of the USA 

California MAGA candidate says she’s running because Jesus spoke to her son in a closet

California Republican Rachel Hamm is running for Secretary of State in the June primary. Like many candidates, she is speaking about her motivation for running. Like many GOP candidates, she is claiming God was involved in her decision. Unlike any other candidate, Hamm says Jesus spoke to her son in a closet and told her to declare her candidacy.

“I’ve been a prophetic dreamer so I had spent a lot of 2019 and 20 having a lot of political dreams that I was in office. And because our youngest son, Ezekiel is a seer I went and got him and I said, ‘Hey, can you look around and see what you’re seeing?’ Because I just really, I get a kick out of hearing him describe, you know, what he sees?”

“And so, he said, you know, let me know if you see anything. And so he looked at my bedroom and my bathroom. He said, ‘There’s nothing there.’ And then he goes into the closet – which is where I had been when I was praying – and he said, ‘Whoa,’ and his eyes got like, big as saucers, and he kind of like started backing away, and then started bending down and he said, ‘You’ve got a really big guy in your closet, and his power is pushing me to the ground,’ and we had never had he’d never had that reaction ever, to an angel. And so I’m like, is he’s for us, not against us, right?”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/03/jesus/

(And many of the GOPers know a lot about closets)

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

California MAGA candidate says she’s running because Jesus spoke to her son in a closet

California Republican Rachel Hamm is running for Secretary of State in the June primary. Like many candidates, she is speaking about her motivation for running. Like many GOP candidates, she is claiming God was involved in her decision. Unlike any other candidate, Hamm says Jesus spoke to her son in a closet and told her to declare her candidacy.

“I’ve been a prophetic dreamer so I had spent a lot of 2019 and 20 having a lot of political dreams that I was in office. And because our youngest son, Ezekiel is a seer I went and got him and I said, ‘Hey, can you look around and see what you’re seeing?’ Because I just really, I get a kick out of hearing him describe, you know, what he sees?”

“And so, he said, you know, let me know if you see anything. And so he looked at my bedroom and my bathroom. He said, ‘There’s nothing there.’ And then he goes into the closet – which is where I had been when I was praying – and he said, ‘Whoa,’ and his eyes got like, big as saucers, and he kind of like started backing away, and then started bending down and he said, ‘You’ve got a really big guy in your closet, and his power is pushing me to the ground,’ and we had never had he’d never had that reaction ever, to an angel. And so I’m like, is he’s for us, not against us, right?”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/03/jesus/

(And many of the GOPers know a lot about closets)

Seems legit.

We’re screwed.

20 hours ago, bustamente said:

It's amazing how many crazy people there are in this world and I don't mean just the crazy grifters, people that are truly insane and they walk amongst every day.

The difference in today's world than in the past is that the wackos tell everyone about their fantasy driven imaginings and alot of people believe them. Enough to elect some of them. I am truly worried about the world right now.

Pro-Trump group sent armed members door-to-door in Colorado to “intimidate” voters: Lawsuit.  Lawsuit accuses Colorado group linked to Mike Lindell of violating the Ku Klux Klan Act and voting rights laws

Voting rights groups have filed a lawsuit seeking to stop a pro-Trump group from going door-to-door in Colorado in search of evidence to support voter fraud allegations that have already been debunked and rejected by courts.

The lawsuit alleges that the U.S. Election Integrity Plan — led by Shawn Smith, an ally of former Trump strategist Steve Bannon and MyPillow founder Mike Lindell — is sending armed members door-to-door in areas with large numbers of voters of color, questioning people about how they voted and taking photographs of their homes.

The lawsuit, which is backed by the state chapter of the NAACP, the League of Women Voters and Mi Familia Vota, alleges that the "voter intimidation" campaign violates the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, a post-Civil War law aimed at preventing white vigilantes from terrorizing Black people to stop them from voting.

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/21/pro-group-sent-armed-members-door-to-door-in-colorado-to-intimidate-voters/

On 2022-03-21 at 7:31 AM, the watcher said:

The difference in today's world than in the past is that the wackos tell everyone about their fantasy driven imaginings and alot of people believe them. Enough to elect some of them. I am truly worried about the world right now.

We can thank social media for giving the platform for people to easily distribute their ‘research’ and have access to a large population of easily impressionable people who then take this ‘research’ as gospel, preaching it across social media with little to no consequence of it being bunk. They yell as loud as they can you can’t censor me, freedom of speech, muh rights, you’re all sheep while e-transferring their money to grifters who could care less about them but think they are great at owning the libs.

19 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

We can thank social media for giving the platform for people to easily distribute their ‘research’ and have access to a large population of easily impressionable people who then take this ‘research’ as gospel, preaching it across social media with little to no consequence of it being bunk. They yell as loud as they can you can’t censor me, freedom of speech, muh rights, you’re all sheep while e-transferring their money to grifters who could care less about them but think they are great at owning the libs.

People truly believe that "I'm allowed to have my opinion" means they get to pretend facts don't matter.  

Used to be that dumbest ideas were shunned by communities so it was kept quiet. Now the internet has allowed them to find like minded fools and pretend they are actually informed.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

People truly believe that "I'm allowed to have my opinion" means they get to pretend facts don't matter.  

Used to be that dumbest ideas were shunned by communities so it was kept quiet. Now the internet has allowed them to find like minded fools and pretend they are actually informed.

The greatest damage done by Trump and Trumpism in my opinion has been the 1st degree murder of Truth. The truth is now whatever you want to make up. The Truth is whatever you want it to be regardless of facts. I say 1st  degree because it wasn't accidental. Truth and it's supporting facts have always been under assault but it has sadly met it's demise 

Just now, the watcher said:

The greatest damage done by Trump and Trumpism in my opinion has been the 1st degree murder of Truth. The truth is now whatever you want to make up. The Truth is whatever you want it to be regardless of facts. I say 1st  degree because it wasn't accidental. Truth and it's supporting facts have always been under assault but it has sadly met it's demise 

Edit : And social media is the murder weapon.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Things that didn't need a study to know that...

But seriously what kind of article is that? Is this a thing now where you have to go through the whole damned articles to find a point? What happened to putting the crucial stuff first?

It was a loooong article but I felt I could not crop it without distorting the contents.

Anti-Abortion Lt. Gov. Says He Paid for Abortion After Impregnating Woman in 2012
-Reuters
North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, a conservative Republican who frequently rails against abortion rights, paid for a woman to have an abortion after impregnating her in 1989, according to Axios. Robinson made the admission in a 2012 Facebook comment that resurfaced Tuesday when a Twitter user shared a screengrab of it. “How can so many people ‘Praise God’ with their mouths then vote for a man who supports gay marriage and abortion with their hands,” Robinson wrote, referring to then-President Obama. “It’s wrong when others do it and it was wrong when I ( YES I ) paid to have MY own child aborted in 1989.” Robinson’s virulent anti-abortion stance extends to his apparent belief that when a woman is pregnant, “it’s not (her) body anymore.” Robinson, who has previously described gay and transgender Americans as “filth,” is campaigning for governor in the 2024 elections. He has so far raised $1.5 million, up to four times more than other candidates have at this point in past races.

(Case in point supporting the "GOPers are stupid" proposition.)

There are people slipping into Trumps wake that are pretty scary. People that are smarter and more idealisticly bent than him .Trump in my opinion followed no idealistic path other than ones that stoked his ego and fed his narcissistic personality. The ones that are now moving in to replace him are the ones that truly believe  the alt right crap.