US Politics

Rich

22 hours ago, do or die said:

Watched me some CPAC, and Donald Trump spending a great deal of time, to a standing ovation.....vigorously attacking the biggest threat to democracy world wide today - Justin Trudeau.

Justin Trudeau should take that as a great compliment.

Let's just say if you believe in science genetics and basically reality.... that's a bad topic.

I knew a guy who thought he was a girl.  I saw his/her struggle and Believe it to be a mental struggle.. I say knew because... like lots of mental illness issues... he's no longer with us in this world. 

My experience with that person leads me to believe that unfortunately mental illness is a huge factor. Huge. It's all mental really.

Huge suicide rate amongst the community suggests mental illness of some kind 

Edited by Goalie

On 2022-03-01 at 1:55 PM, Goalie said:

Let's just say if you believe in science genetics and basically reality.... that's a bad topic.

I knew a guy who thought he was a girl.  I saw his/her struggle and Believe it to be a mental struggle.. I say knew because... like lots of mental illness issues... he's no longer with us in this world. 

My experience with that person leads me to believe that unfortunately mental illness is a huge factor. Huge. It's all mental really.

Huge suicide rate amongst the community suggests mental illness of some kind 

I think you just explained why many trans people feel isolated enough to commit suicide without knowing you've explained it.

In other words, your cause and effects are ass-backwards.

"Suicidal behaviour is a complex phenomenon that is a result of many individual (age, male sex assigned at birth, previous suicide attempts, mental health history, substance abuse) as well as more distant environmental factors. A recent literature review clearly demonstrates the specific risk factors for suicide in sexual minority youth, which includes negative social environments, inadequate support within the closest social network, and an absence of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) movements in communities (29). In our cohort, both trans women and trans men show a three‐ to four‐fold elevated risk of suicide compared with the population rate in the Netherlands and can therefore be considered a high‐risk group. Although the Netherlands is known for its tolerance toward sexual minority groups in comparison to most countries in the world (30), the societal position of trans people is generally less favorable compared with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and cis‐gender population. Furthermore, compared with trans men, the societal position of trans women is lower (31, 32."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7317390/

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Personal, non professional,  Experience with one person = interesting, valuable, blanket statement,  Informed opinion.

😂

Edited by Mark F

Kentucky Pol Apologizes for Sick Rant About Jewish Women’s Sex Lives

A Kentucky state representative has apologized for bizarrely and offensively discussing the sex lives of Jewish women and the Holocaust while debating an anti-abortion bill. Republican Danny Bentley began his fallacious argument by claiming that a pill taken to induce abortions, RU-486, was developed by a Jew during WWII. He then bizarrely implied that the substance was used as a gas in death chambers. And while discussing whether or not Jewish women could be exempt from the proposed anti-abortion legislation, Bentley said, “Did you know that a Jewish woman has less cancer of the cervix than any other race in this country or this world?... And why is that? Because the Jewish women only have one sex partner… They don’t have multiple sex partners.” After Jewish leaders, including the only Jewish member of the state’s legislature, denounced the comments, Bentley—who happens to be a pharmacist—said, “I meant absolutely no harm in my comments today and sincerely apologize for any they caused...I clearly should have been more sensitive with my comments.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kentucky-lawmaker-danny-bentley-apologizes-for-rant-on-jewish-womens-sex-lives-during-abortion-debate

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Lol, so  many different stupid statements in one short paragraph..... someone send it to guiness.

"Jewish race" 

🤪

What is the sensitive way of making a racist remark?

kentucky must be quite a place..... rand paul, mitch mcconnell, and this dope.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

A Kentucky state representative has apologized for bizarrely and offensively discussing the sex lives of Jewish women and the Holocaust while debating an anti-abortion bill. Republican Danny Bentley began his fallacious argument by claiming that a pill taken to induce abortions, RU-486, was developed by a Jew during WWII. He then bizarrely implied that the substance was used as a gas in death chambers. And while discussing whether or not Jewish women could be exempt from the proposed anti-abortion legislation, Bentley said, “Did you know that a Jewish woman has less cancer of the cervix than any other race in this country or this world?... And why is that? Because the Jewish women only have one sex partner… They don’t have multiple sex partners.” After Jewish leaders, including the only Jewish member of the state’s legislature, denounced the comments, Bentley—who happens to be a pharmacist—said, “I meant absolutely no harm in my comments today and sincerely apologize for any they caused...I clearly should have been more sensitive with my comments.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kentucky-lawmaker-danny-bentley-apologizes-for-rant-on-jewish-womens-sex-lives-during-abortion-debate

Before even reading this, was mentally placing an (R) behind his name.   ......and sure enough...

7 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't agree that assassinating Putin would help the situation or that the state should sponsor assassinations. So, no, I don't agree with Graham. 

I would not be upset if Putin took matter into his own hands, though. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't agree that assassinating Putin would help the situation or that the state should sponsor assassinations. So, no, I don't agree with Graham.  

I would not be upset if Putin took matter into his own hands, though. 

Assassination of foreign leaders has long been a policy of the US, among other countries. The US tried its damnedest to kill Castro and probably succeeded in killing Yasser Arafat. 

41 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Assassination of foreign leaders has long been a policy of the US, among other countries. The US tried its damnedest to kill Castro and probably succeeded in killing Yasser Arafat. 

Not officially, it hasn't! Yes, the CIA has often tried to assassinate foreign leaders but it's never done as an official policy or promoted by elected officials. 

Wait until Moscow Mitch and Trump bury Graham. How dare he suggest the boss be assassinated!

Would the west like for Putin to be assassinated, yes hell yes, should they be a part of it no absolutely not, but as I have said in the past if someone from Putin's inner circle wanted and had a chance to put a bullet in his head the west and indeed the World would be a better place