US Politics

Rich

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Would the west like for Putin to be assassinated, yes hell yes, should they be a part of it no absolutely not, but as I have said in the past if someone from Putin's inner circle wanted and had a chance to put a bullet in his head the west and indeed the World would be a better place

I wonder how many quality assurance tests his food goes thru? The three poor suckers who have to sample his food and hang around for the next 15 minutes to see what happens.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I wonder how many quality assurance tests his food goes thru? The three poor suckers who have to sample his food and hang around for the next 15 minutes to see what happens.

I've read that his has secluded himself and only has contact with a very small group of trusted enablers, even oligarchs that he has known for years and made them rich are not allowed any contract with him atm.

Pence Will Try To Break Up Trump And The GOP

Via: The AP:

In a speech Friday evening to the party’s top donors in New Orleans, Pence will take on those in his party who have failed to forcefully condemn Russian President Vladimir Putin for his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

“Where would Russian tanks be today if NATO had not expanded the borders of freedom? There is no room in this party for apologists for Putin,” Pence will say, according to excerpts from the speech. “There is only room for champions of freedom.”

Pence thinks that he can pull evangelicals, activist conservatives, and establishment conservatives away from Trump. It is impossible to see evangelicals leaving Trump as many of them have convinced themselves that Trump comes before faith.

Establishment conservatives are probably Pence’s best chance, but they are a small minority in Trump’s party.

Trump supporters think that Mike Pence is the anti-Christ because he would not illegally overturn the election, so it is mindboggling that Pence would think that members of the same party that tried to hang him a year ago would stand with him to kick Trump out of the party.

There is no chance of that happening, as Mike Pence is more likely to be kicked out of Trump’s GOP.

Update: The Pro-Putin truckers have decided not to go to DC today.

A trucker convoy that has embraced a pro-Putin conspiracy theory is heading for Washington, D.C. and the White House.

NBC News reported:

While some group members have admonished Russian President Vladimir Putin for the invasion, QAnon and anti-vaccine contingents within the groups have seized on a false conspiracy theory that the war is a cover for a military operation backed by former President Donald Trump in Ukraine.
The conspiracy theory, which is baseless and has roots in QAnon mythology, alleges that Trump and Putin are secretly working together to stop bioweapons from being made by Dr. Anthony Fauci in Ukraine and that shelling in Ukraine has targeted the secret laboratories. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has emerged in the past year as a main target for far-right conspiracy theories.

In the conspiracy theory, Trump and Putin are the good guys who are trying to stop the secret bioweapons being made by 80 something-year-old Dr. Fauci.

These truckers are not patriots, and they are tools of Putin’s propaganda. People are not dying in Ukraine for a cover story.

The people in this protest are pro-Putin, and they are coming to America’s Capitol because they are angry about everything, especially their old-white messiah getting trounced in 2020, and they want everyone to know about their white rage.

Putin fits perfectly with their mentality.

Jason Easley

23 hours ago, Tracker said:

Update: The Pro-Putin truckers have decided not to go to DC today.

A trucker convoy that has embraced a pro-Putin conspiracy theory is heading for Washington, D.C. and the White House.

NBC News reported:

While some group members have admonished Russian President Vladimir Putin for the invasion, QAnon and anti-vaccine contingents within the groups have seized on a false conspiracy theory that the war is a cover for a military operation backed by former President Donald Trump in Ukraine.
The conspiracy theory, which is baseless and has roots in QAnon mythology, alleges that Trump and Putin are secretly working together to stop bioweapons from being made by Dr. Anthony Fauci in Ukraine and that shelling in Ukraine has targeted the secret laboratories. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has emerged in the past year as a main target for far-right conspiracy theories.

In the conspiracy theory, Trump and Putin are the good guys who are trying to stop the secret bioweapons being made by 80 something-year-old Dr. Fauci.

These truckers are not patriots, and they are tools of Putin’s propaganda. People are not dying in Ukraine for a cover story.

The people in this protest are pro-Putin, and they are coming to America’s Capitol because they are angry about everything, especially their old-white messiah getting trounced in 2020, and they want everyone to know about their white rage.

Putin fits perfectly with their mentality.

Jason Easley

These people have watched too many James Bond movies. What can you even say about them anymore? Words don't do the idiocy justice.

Trump Floats Idea That U.S. Bomb Russia With Jets Covered In China Flags, Then 'Sit Back And Watch'

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday floated a horrifying scenario during a speech to some 250 elite Republican donors: He said the U.S. could bomb Russia with jets disguised with Chinese flags, then sit back and watch those nations go to war.

Specifically, Trump said the U.S. could “put the Chinese flag” on F-22 fighter jets and use them to “bomb the **** out of Russia,” according to a recording of his speech that was obtained by The Washington Post.

“And then we say, China did it, we didn’t do it, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch,” Trump said.

The audience laughed at the comment, which seemingly was made in jest, a source told CBS News.  The Post noted it would be highly unlikely that Russia would believe a distinctive F-22 had been sent by China.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-putin-bomb-russia-chinese-flags-gop-donors_n_62252fa1e4b03bc49a9cc339

50 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump Floats Idea That U.S. Bomb Russia With Jets Covered In China Flags, Then 'Sit Back And Watch'

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday floated a horrifying scenario during a speech to some 250 elite Republican donors: He said the U.S. could bomb Russia with jets disguised with Chinese flags, then sit back and watch those nations go to war.

Specifically, Trump said the U.S. could “put the Chinese flag” on F-22 fighter jets and use them to “bomb the **** out of Russia,” according to a recording of his speech that was obtained by The Washington Post.

“And then we say, China did it, we didn’t do it, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch,” Trump said.

The audience laughed at the comment, which seemingly was made in jest, a source told CBS News.  The Post noted it would be highly unlikely that Russia would believe a distinctive F-22 had been sent by China.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-putin-bomb-russia-chinese-flags-gop-donors_n_62252fa1e4b03bc49a9cc339

To borrow an old joke from Dennis Miller from 25 years ago when he was still funny and relevant “The last time I saw a battle plan that simple was when I played Stratego with Judy Landers”. 

And it would be nice to think he is trying to troll the left, but his history of dumb statements (inject bleach, stare at an eclipse, UV light up the butt, nuke hurricanes) and doubling down when challenged suggests he is completely serious that this is a sound idea. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

To borrow an old joke from Dennis Miller from 25 years ago when he was still funny and relevant “The last time I saw a battle plan that simple was when I played Stratego with Judy Landers”. 

And it would be nice to think he is trying to troll the left, but his history of dumb statements (inject bleach, stare at an eclipse, UV light up the butt, nuke hurricanes) and doubling down when challenged suggests he is completely serious that this is a sound idea. 

Oh I have no doubts he believes that's actually a viable thing. Guy just lies all the time so it fits his MO.

Armed Intruders Sped Through Joint Base Andrews Military Checkpoint as VP Harris Landed There

A major security scare sent Joint Base Andrews into lockdown late Sunday. Just as Vice President Kamala Harris and four Cabinet members were touching down at the Maryland military base, two suspects, at least one of whom was armed, got through a security checkpoint. In a statement, the base said the pair “failed to adhere to commands of security personnel” at the main gate, and both fled when their vehicle was stopped by barriers. Only one of them had been caught and that individual was found to be armed, but no shots were fired, according to the statement. Later Monday, the Air Force Times reported that the apprehended suspect is 17 years old, and the second suspect is still at large but a search determined they were not on the base. The New York Times reports that Harris and her husband, Doug Emhoff, left the base on Marine Two after the incident.

Idaho Lawmakers OK Legislation That Could Fine, Jail Librarians

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Legislation with the potential to fine Idaho librarians $1,000 and send them to jail for a year for checking out material to a minor that could harm them cleared the House on Monday.

The House voted 51-14 to approve the measure that backers said will protect children. But opponents said it is so undefined and subjective as to be unconstitutional.

Democratic House Minority Leader Ilana Rubel asked Republican Rep. Gayann DeMordaunt, the bill’s sponsor, if a classic young adult novel by Judy Blume that included masturbation could land a librarian in jail. DeMordaunt refused to answer.

Backers of the legislation distributed material to other lawmakers they said came from public libraries and supported the legislation. The material had widely differing reactions among lawmakers.

“I would rather my 6-year-old grandson start smoking cigarettes tomorrow than get a view of this stuff one time at the public library,” said Republican Rep. Bruce Skaug.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/idaho-bill-fine-jail-librarians_n_6227104ae4b004e4e38518fb

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Idaho Lawmakers OK Legislation That Could Fine, Jail Librarians

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Legislation with the potential to fine Idaho librarians $1,000 and send them to jail for a year for checking out material to a minor that could harm them cleared the House on Monday.

The House voted 51-14 to approve the measure that backers said will protect children. But opponents said it is so undefined and subjective as to be unconstitutional.

Democratic House Minority Leader Ilana Rubel asked Republican Rep. Gayann DeMordaunt, the bill’s sponsor, if a classic young adult novel by Judy Blume that included masturbation could land a librarian in jail. DeMordaunt refused to answer.

Backers of the legislation distributed material to other lawmakers they said came from public libraries and supported the legislation. The material had widely differing reactions among lawmakers.

“I would rather my 6-year-old grandson start smoking cigarettes tomorrow than get a view of this stuff one time at the public library,” said Republican Rep. Bruce Skaug.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/idaho-bill-fine-jail-librarians_n_6227104ae4b004e4e38518fb

They're gonna be REALLY upset when they find out what's on the internet.

Jan. 6 rioter found guilty on 5 federal charges

A jury in Washington, D.C. has found Capitol rioter and Texas resident Guy Reffitt guilty on five federal charges for his role in the January 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol Building, including obstruction of an official proceeding, transporting weapons into the District of Columbia, interfering with the Capitol Police, and bringing a Smith & Wesson handgun to the Capitol grounds.

According to CNN, the jury also found Reffitt guilty of obstruction of justice for threatening his son and daughter after returning to Texas following the Capitol riot. The 12 jurors, who included six men and six women, deliberated for less than four hours on Tuesday, March 8 before finding Reffitt guilty on all five of the federal charges he was facing.

The January 6, 2021 insurrection has resulted in a long list of federal prosecutions — some on felony charges, some on misdemeanor charges.

Business Insider’s C. Ryan Barber reports, “Reffitt's trial presented an opportunity for the Justice Department to secure a conviction that would send a message to other accused Capitol rioters planning to go before a jury rather than plead guilty. For prosecutors, a loss in court could have sent the opposite message — and emboldened accused Capitol rioters. But federal prosecutors never seemed in doubt about the outcome.”

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Jan. 6 rioter found guilty on 5 federal charges

A jury in Washington, D.C. has found Capitol rioter and Texas resident Guy Reffitt guilty on five federal charges for his role in the January 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol Building, including obstruction of an official proceeding, transporting weapons into the District of Columbia, interfering with the Capitol Police, and bringing a Smith & Wesson handgun to the Capitol grounds.

According to CNN, the jury also found Reffitt guilty of obstruction of justice for threatening his son and daughter after returning to Texas following the Capitol riot. The 12 jurors, who included six men and six women, deliberated for less than four hours on Tuesday, March 8 before finding Reffitt guilty on all five of the federal charges he was facing.

The January 6, 2021 insurrection has resulted in a long list of federal prosecutions — some on felony charges, some on misdemeanor charges.

Business Insider’s C. Ryan Barber reports, “Reffitt's trial presented an opportunity for the Justice Department to secure a conviction that would send a message to other accused Capitol rioters planning to go before a jury rather than plead guilty. For prosecutors, a loss in court could have sent the opposite message — and emboldened accused Capitol rioters. But federal prosecutors never seemed in doubt about the outcome.”

And now it’s up to the judge to hammer this guy and show that no remorse in the form of a guilty plea means a very stiff sentence. 

Michigan GOP Candidate Tells Daughters 'If Rape Is Inevitable, Lie Back And Enjoy It'

A GOP candidate running for Michigan’s House of Representatives said during a Facebook Live broadcast that he tells his daughters to “lie back and enjoy” rape if it’s “inevitable.”

Robert “RJ” Regan, who won the GOP special primary in the state’s 74th district last week, was discussing how to decertify the 2020 presidential election during a Facebook Live broadcast for the Republican group Rescue Michigan Coalition on Sunday when he made the comment.

“Having three daughters, I tell my daughters, ‘Well, if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it,’” Regan said roughly 10 minutes into the broadcast. “That’s not how we roll, that’s not how we won this election.”

“That was a shameful comment,” attendee Amber Harris said in response.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michigan-gop-candidate-rape-lie-back-and-enjoy-it_n_62278e85e4b004a43c1086bc

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Michigan GOP Candidate Tells Daughters 'If Rape Is Inevitable, Lie Back And Enjoy It'

A GOP candidate running for Michigan’s House of Representatives said during a Facebook Live broadcast that he tells his daughters to “lie back and enjoy” rape if it’s “inevitable.”

Robert “RJ” Regan, who won the GOP special primary in the state’s 74th district last week, was discussing how to decertify the 2020 presidential election during a Facebook Live broadcast for the Republican group Rescue Michigan Coalition on Sunday when he made the comment.

“Having three daughters, I tell my daughters, ‘Well, if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it,’” Regan said roughly 10 minutes into the broadcast. “That’s not how we roll, that’s not how we won this election.”

“That was a shameful comment,” attendee Amber Harris said in response.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michigan-gop-candidate-rape-lie-back-and-enjoy-it_n_62278e85e4b004a43c1086bc

I think he was saying it in the manner of “that’s NOT what I would tell my daughters to do” given the next sentence, but a very badly managed attempt at sarcasm. 

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think he was saying it in the manner of “that’s NOT what I would tell my daughters to do” given the next sentence, but a very badly managed attempt at sarcasm. 

I think you are underestimating the crassness and stupidity of this GOP candidate.

Stephanie Grisham Reveals Chilling Reason Donald Trump Admired Vladimir Putin

Donald Trump both admired and feared Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to former Trump White House communications director Stephanie Grisham.

“Honestly, I think he feared him. I think he was afraid of him. I think the man intimidated him,” Grisham said on Tuesday’s broadcast of “The View.”

“I also think he admired him greatly. I think he wanted to be able to kill whoever spoke out against him,” she continued, adding Trump “loved the dictators” and “the people who could kill anyone, including the press.”

Grisham, now working to prevent Trump from taking office again in 2024, also suggested how her former boss would have responded had America been invaded as Ukraine has been by Russia.

“Donald Trump would be 57 feet below ground hiding,” she said, praising Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy for being “out there fighting for his country, and I just think that’s great.”

And were he still president, Trump would have had a “completely hands-off approach” to Putin’s military aggression, she said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stephanie-grisham-trump-putin-admired_n_6228611fe4b004a43c11c762

12 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

To make a horrid situation worse, an intra-vaginal ultrasound is an option for the attending physician. I wonder how those doctors feel about violating their Hippocratic oath.