Around The League Off Season Discussion

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Durant signed last week. We're talking about the ageless Glenn now!

Many Rider fans are trying to equate Glenn and Durant in terms of effectiveness. Knowledgeable fans and fans who don't have their heads up Chris Jones's ass know this notion is laughable.

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Are there even any quality OL in FA the riders could over spend on that could fix their tattered line? If they in fact plan to start any of their QBs currently on roster I'd simply stack the box and bring the house all day long.  Doesnt matter who is throwing and who is catching,  1 steamboat won't get you anywhere

Derek Dennis from the Stamps is available if he makes it to free agency.  He won the Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman award in 2016 so he is well worth pursuing.

36 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Many Rider fans are trying to equate Glenn and Durant in terms of effectiveness. Knowledgeable fans and fans who don't have their heads up Chris Jones's ass know this notion is laughable.

Except that Durant is damaged. Maybe, behind a good line, he can resurrect his career. Wait and see.

Instead, they get Glenn, who, for the price, is serviceable. And no one complains when they insert their 'next' QB in part way through the year.

Less upfront money and an easy out. If you're determined NOT to go forward with Durant, Glenn is a reasonable Band-Aid solution (at a low cost).

You're not going to pay Glenn's eventual replacement very much anyhow.

15 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Carter

Roosevelt

Collins

Holley

Bagg/Demski

That is a good set of receivers. I hope they re-sign Artemi Edwards, if not he would be a good fit for the Bombers.

Pretty average set of receivers really.  To go along with the painfully average QB.  Maybe someday you guys will sign an average running back to round out the offence.

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

Except that Durant is damaged. Maybe, behind a good line, he can resurrect his career. Wait and see.

Instead, they get Glenn, who, for the price, is serviceable. And no one complains when they insert their 'next' QB in part way through the year.

Less upfront money and an easy out. If you're determined NOT to go forward with Durant, Glenn is a reasonable Band-Aid solution (at a low cost).

You're not going to pay Glenn's eventual replacement very much anyhow.

Durant is nowhere close to the level Glenn is now. Durant was scapegoated for a 5 win season and Jones and his fans are using a bad season as a justification despite injuries being the number one excuse prior to the contract standoff.

Glenn stopped being a viable starting QB two years ago. But when one has invested so much mental energy in defending Jones that reality has to be ignored.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Pretty average set of receivers really.  To go along with the painfully average QB.  Maybe someday you guys will sign an average running back to round out the offence.

Im actually expecting them to run their money on Shakir Bell.

And Im expecting Bell to make it to free agency. 

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Average at best? Seriously?

You think the Bombers set of 5 is better?

24 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Carter

Roosevelt

Collins

Holley

Bagg/Demski

That is a good set of receivers. I hope they re-sign Artemi Edwards, if not he would be a good fit for the Bombers.

I believe Armanti Edwards was origially with the Bombers neg list but I could be wrong though. I like him.

12 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Average at best? Seriously?

You think the Bombers set of 5 is better?

Your top end is very good (Carter/Roosevelt) after that it is pretty average. You guys grossly over rate Holley/Collins/Bagg.

I definitely think that as a whole our receiving corps is better. You guys have a couple better players but we have the definitive edge overall.

Edited by gcn11

54 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Carter

Roosevelt

Collins

Holley

Bagg/Demski

I don't think the talent is the primary issue here, it's more when the going gets tough and based on Jones and Carter's demonstrated behaviour over time, how will that play out between them and with other Sask players? From a HardCore Blue Bomber fan's point of view, I hope it plays out where I'll feel the need to get me some popcorn.  

32 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Your top end is very good (Carter/Roosevelt) after that it is pretty average. You guys grossly over rate Holley/Collins/Bagg.

I definitely think that as a whole our receiving corps is better. You guys have a couple better players but we have the definitive edge overall.

Well I guess I disagree. Bagg sure, he's meh, however, I think you underestimate Holley and Collins. They are great receivers who both had decent 1st years with the Riders.

1 minute ago, Kluchk said:

Well I guess I disagree. Bagg sure, he's meh, however, I think you underestimate Holley and Collins. They are great receivers who both had decent 1st years with the Riders.

Exactly.  2 stars with 3 guys who are average.  Pretty much just like every other team.  That's why it's an average receiving corps, that's what average means.