WPG @ OTT Roster

Logan007

18 minutes ago, tracker said:

Is it exhibition season already?

I kinda hope so, I'd rather see what some of the backup players can bring for next year, rather than watching the first team play the entire game against a depleted RB lineup.  It's probably too much to ask for them to jump out early and have a min. 14 point cushion going into the 4th Q so they can relax a bit and plug in Davis.

3 minutes ago, Slingin Sammy said:

Based on yesterday's practice, [and the fact that we have 22 Ints on roster but can only dress 20 (not including QBs)] scratches for tomorrow's game are likely Flanders and Cole. 

I think you're right.  Knuckles had a tweet about Cole 'trashing' the Bombers for benching him.  Not sure what that's all about.

6 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think you're right.  Knuckles had a tweet about Cole 'trashing' the Bombers for benching him.  Not sure what that's all about.

Shortly after practice yesterday the following appeared on Cole's Instagram account

When your team shows fake love so you gotta reminisce about the good old days.

Winnipeg is fake bruh lame as s***!

It was removed from the account on the same day...but was up for about 2 hours. 
I and others speculated that perhaps he was being moved from Active Roster to Practice Roster...losing out on a game cheque...and that this was possibly the reason why he reacted the way he did...it now appears...based on Knuckle's tweet...that his outburst was because he's being benched...publicly disparaging your employer because they're resting you...really indefensible...

Bob Irving@BobIrvingCJOB
Defensive end Justin cole trashes bombers over benching. That wont go over well with Mike Oshea?. Might be "thanks for coming out Justin".

(tweeted at about 10:12 am Nov 3)
Edited by Slingin Sammy

9 minutes ago, Slingin Sammy said:

Shortly after practice yesterday the following appeared on Cole's Instagram account

It was removed from the account on the same day...but was up for about 2 hours.  I and others speculated that perhaps he was being moved from Active Roster to Practice Roster...losing out on a game cheque...which is why he reacted the way he did...it now appears...based on Knuckle's tweet...that his outburst was because he was given a rest for this game going into the playoffs...publicly disparaging your employer because they're resting you...really indefensible...

Could be that he didn't realize when first informed of the move that he would still be paid in full for the game and was venting publicly, not wise but somewhat understandable.  Still falls under the category of massive blunder.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

18 minutes ago, Slingin Sammy said:

It was removed from the account on the same day...but was up for about 2 hours. 
I and others speculated that perhaps he was being moved from Active Roster to Practice Roster...losing out on a game cheque...and that this was possibly the reason why he reacted the way he did...it now appears...based on Knuckle's tweet...that his outburst was because he's being benched...publicly disparaging your employer because they're resting you...really indefensible...

Bob Irving@BobIrvingCJOB
Defensive end Justin cole trashes bombers over benching. That wont go over well with Mike Oshea?. Might be "thanks for coming out Justin".

(tweeted at about 10:12 am Nov 3)

But but but....he was such a dominant force on the D-line.....how are we ever going to replace him?

55 minutes ago, tracker said:

But but but....he was such a dominant force on the D-line.....how are we ever going to replace him?

He is a good compliment to Westerman and creates good pressure from the opposite side, I wouldn't throw him away because of a tantrum.  Still prefer the rotation they were using earlier in the year, it seemed to keep them fresh and applied more pressure on the QB.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

17 minutes ago, O2L said:

So does this mean that Denmark is being benched because he's being rewarded for good play? Because I sure hate seeing Smith in over him...

I thought from reading posts that he was banged up. I don't think there was a chance in hell they'd bench him over smith.

5 hours ago, tracker said:

According to the CFL website, Bombers are giving several starters the game off against Ottawa. Reward for a sterling effort? (Sarcasm font)

Bombers start all their stars the week before the playoffs, players get injured, insert some crap here about OShea being stubborn?  (Sarcasm font)

Week 20.  Any chance that most players in the league fall into the category of "walking wounded" at this point?  Nah...

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They should sit McDuffie and Flanders...although I think it would be good to get Flanders on.  Our DL has stunk since they went to dressing 6 rather than 7.  Hard to believe we hold a roster spot for a guy who basically just returns kickoffs when other areas of our roster are struggling.

McDuffie is a horrible use of a roster spot. He isn't even much(if any) better than Fogg. It's insanity.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They should sit McDuffie and Flanders...although I think it would be good to get Flanders on.  Our DL has stunk since they went to dressing 6 rather than 7.  Hard to believe we hold a roster spot for a guy who basically just returns kickoffs when other areas of our roster are struggling.

Harris needs 86 yards to reach 1000 yards rushing. Hopefully he gets off to a great start, gets to a 1000 and then they sit him for Flanders. 

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

But to be completely fair you've hated McDuffie for years. In fact you wanted to bash his head in with a pipe...