Silver lining.

wbbfan

Seems like we are coming away from this game healthy. Another week of the regular season to turn momentum around before the play offs and get healthier. 

The team got punched in the mouth today. And kicked while down. Gotta believe mos etc will be on these guys hard going into the last game of the week. No pads off practice this week. Nose the grind stone and try to get momentum going again headed into the play offs. The way a team bounces back after a loss like this says a lot about them and the staff. The blue collar, hard nosed guys who are positive locker room types really should help here too. 

8 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Still frustrated that MOS leaves his starting qb in NO MATTER WHAT. I mean really, even Cal Murphy took Tom Clements out of the 84 Grey Cup for a time because he was bad...

Couldn't agree more. The game was winnable but O'Shea's persistent stubbornness lost the game for us.

Edited by tracker

20 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Lost the game for us? So all we had to do was put Davis or Glenn in and we'd have won? A bit of a stretch...

So long as O'Shea persisted in letting Nichols flail around when he obviously did not have whatever was needed to compete, we were pretty much guaranteed to lose. We were never really in the game. We might have still lost with Glenn or Davis but it sure as heck looked like the whole team knew where this game was going with Nichols and threw in the towel.

It's not Nichols who has been the reason for our improved record this season. Statistically he is very much the same this year as last and we lost a lot last year. The difference in the win percentage this year is D (turnovers), and special teams. 

I agree with the posters who are suggesting that Davis and Glenn needed to see the field. Some days a player just doesn't have it. Today was one of those days for Nichols. To leave him in to flounder all game is simply stupid as all he was doing was making mistakes and failing to execute. Today he got to practice doing that all game. Makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is MOS's idea or someone is telling him to do it.

Ottawa was well prepared to play today. We were not. Nothing we did on offense or defense worked and it proved lethal.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

It's not Nichols who has been the reason for our improved record this season. Statistically he is very much the same this year as last and we lost a lot last year. The difference in the win percentage this year is D (turnovers), and special teams. 

I agree with the posters who are suggesting that Davis and Glenn needed to see the field. Some days a player just doesn't have it. Today was one of those days for Nichols. To leave him in to flounder all game is simply stupid as all he was doing was making mistakes and failing to execute. Today he got to practice doing that all game. Makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is MOS's idea or someone is telling him to do it.

Ottawa was well prepared to play today. We were not. Nothing we did on offense or defense worked and it proved lethal.

If the Bombers were out-coached today, that is bad news. If anyone but O'Shea is making game decisions about which QB should be behind center, that is worse news.

So in terms of the playoff shakedown, with B.C. and Edmonton winning this week coupled with this loss, our only hope of hosting the Western semi-final is if we win next week in Ottawa whilst both Edmonton (playing Toronto) AND B.C. (playing Saskatchewan) lose at home.

Does anyone else feel it might be better to actually go through the East via cross-over? Playing away against Hamilton or Ottawa sounds better than taking on Edmonton or B.C....

25 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

So in terms of the playoff shakedown, with B.C. and Edmonton winning this week coupled with this loss, our only hope of hosting the Western semi-final is if we win next week in Ottawa whilst both Edmonton (playing Toronto) AND B.C. (playing Saskatchewan) lose at home.

Does anyone else feel it might be better to actually go through the East via cross-over? Playing away against Hamilton or Ottawa sounds better than taking on Edmonton or B.C....

The Bombers are going to play a heck of a lot better to beat Ottawa or Hamilton. Both those teams played way better than the Bombers this weekend.

Edited by tracker

13 minutes ago, tracker said:

The Bombers are going to play a heck of a lot better to beat Ottawa or Hamilton. Both those teams played way better than the Bombers this weekend.

Agreed, they stunk it up today. As others have mentioned, hopefully it was just an off game for Nichols and the O. I'd still say if I had to choose to play 2 road games to get to the Grey Cup I'd rather play Ottawa/Hamilton than B.C./Edmonton and Calgary. Hopefully today was just rust...alot of rust.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

Nichols took a pounding in a lost cause. If he'd gotten hurt enough to miss games that rests with O'Shea.  And our other two guys have how many snaps with us this year? 

O'Shea will stay with Nichols until he is injured or until O'Shea is told to switch him out. Then and only then will any other QB get any snaps.

So , if the play offs were held now, we would be the cross over team. Edmonton plays the Argos next week, well we can make the "DUH' pick on that one already. The Riders are off to the winning Lions team, and it seems like Jones is in " let's see what kind of players we got" mindset (which I think is OK), so it's lookin' pretty good for BC. And now we are going to TD place to put the RBs in their place, I'm worried.

1 minute ago, Dee Urban Hermit said:

So , if the play offs were held now, we would be the cross over team. Edmonton plays the Argos next week, well we can make the "DUH' pick on that one already. The Riders are off to the winning Lions team, and it seems like Jones is in " let's see what kind of players we got" mindset (which I think is OK), so it's lookin' pretty good for BC. And now we are going to TD place to put the RBs in their place, I'm worried.

Be worried. Be very worried.

This game proved that either the Bombers are a one and done playoff team or that they were not prepared to play after a bye week. I hope it is the latter but will withhold judgment until next week.

I am also in the Nicols should have been pulled camp it was obvious he wasn't going to work his way out of the funk he was in and he should have either been pulled for good after the third int or pulled for a few series after the second one to get his act together.  

Any one know why Flanders was out? Ratio or injury?

Edited by sportmentary2012