Playoff Bound

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Has the team ever been near 26k season ticket holders? I thought they only broke 20k a few years in the old stadium, and I don't know how many they added in the first year of the new stadium, but to me, 26k seems pretty high.

Yeah you're right, my numbers are off, they had 22K+ in 2012 and that was a record.  However I believe my point remains valid.

On 10/10/2016 at 9:57 PM, 17to85 said:

Good thing they fixed the OL by putting in 3 americans finally right? Cause you're fooling yourself if you think that hasn't changed the complexion of the team immensely. 

delete

Edited by LimJahey
delete

5 hours ago, ddanger said:

Say what we will about the Roughies......and we sure will lol......but they really are Canada's football team. We go away every winter for a few weeks, and everywhere we go, be it south or west to Hawaii, we ALWAYS see someone wearing their green Rider stuff. The only Bomber stuff I ever see is on my back, and never see any other team bling.

Dont agree at all. Having lived across canada ive seen other teams merch in every city, but not more riders then the rest. Save for the RBs for obvious reasons. In fact in BC i saw more argos stuff especially up north then riders. Lots of jays fans out there who dont identify with the south side lions. Lots of seattle gear especially down south. 

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Dont agree at all. Having lived across canada ive seen other teams merch in every city, but not more riders then the rest. Save for the RBs for obvious reasons. In fact in BC i saw more argos stuff especially up north then riders. Lots of jays fans out there who dont identify with the south side lions. Lots of seattle gear especially down south. 

I think he's referring to outside of Canada and I have to admit I've seen the same thing in Mexico... one guy was decked out head to toe in Rider gear lookin like someone puked all over him.  Can't say I've seen any Bomber gear internationally.  Small sample size for me though.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think he's referring to outside of Canada and I have to admit I've seen the same thing in Mexico... one guy was decked out head to toe in Rider gear lookin like someone puked all over him.  Can't say I've seen any Bomber gear internationally.  Small sample size for me though.

state side ive run into fans of all the western teams, not much from the east. Down there i normally see a mass blanketing of local teams hs and college. I feel like ive seen more oregon ducks ohio state and florida gator gear then cfl gear in total including up here.  XD But any single persons perspective is going to be a fairly small sample size. 

Id say in that case though that the riders being the most popular team out side of canada would lead towards what mike said. people moving out of sask. To be canadas team imop you have to be the team the nation backs. The one with a dedicated fan base across the country. Like the jays. Every stop ive made ive met tons and tons of jays fans. Same with the raptors. Those are of course easy though as they are our only teams in mlb/nba. The next closest thing for a league that has multiple canadian teams would be any canadian team on a deep play off run in the NHL. The nature of the cfl in canada is far too culturally en grained in each region to have a national team. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

state side ive run into fans of all the western teams, not much from the east. Down there i normally see a mass blanketing of local teams hs and college. I feel like ive seen more oregon ducks ohio state and florida gator gear then cfl gear in total including up here.  XD But any single persons perspective is going to be a fairly small sample size. 

Id say in that case though that the riders being the most popular team out side of canada would lead towards what mike said. people moving out of sask. To be canadas team imop you have to be the team the nation backs. The one with a dedicated fan base across the country. Like the jays. Every stop ive made ive met tons and tons of jays fans. Same with the raptors. Those are of course easy though as they are our only teams in mlb/nba. The next closest thing for a league that has multiple canadian teams would be any canadian team on a deep play off run in the NHL. The nature of the cfl in canada is far too culturally en grained in each region to have a national team. 

I think the "Canada's Team" thing comes more from the Cowboys being referred to as "America's Team".  Which to be honest is just as much nonsense as the Riders being Canada's Team.

9 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I wouldn't even recognize Sask's flag if I saw it.  But I would bet my life that there is wheat on it somewhere

I have 2 different Manitoba ones...the current one, and the one we used prior to that (my grandfather carried it with him all through WW2) because I am *that* intensely proud of being from MB. Also, f*** Alberta, so I rage Manitoba everywhere I go here...

On 10/12/2016 at 2:19 PM, Atomic said:

I think the "Canada's Team" thing comes more from the Cowboys being referred to as "America's Team".  Which to be honest is just as much nonsense as the Riders being Canada's Team.

Or notre dame used to be in the ncaa. The boys were atleast a dynasty though. Dynasty teams allways get out of town bandwagoners. like the miami heat. I think its all hogwash. Even more in the US, where you have die hard HS football fans and college fans etc. 

Yeah...i was trying to remember the Lions/Esks record, and the Lions haven't beaten anyone in the West, so the Lions would need at least a split with the Esks. Right now, they're in "danger" of crossing over and having to play the powerhouse East..................................................

Just looked into this a bit... Edm beat BC by 4 in week 14... so an Edm win gives them the tie-break and a BC win by 5 or more gives BC the tie-break... Wpg has the tie break over BC.... and Edm has it over Wpg so if all teams end up 11-7 it would depend on what happens this weekend... but if BC takes the tie-breaker with Edm that really confuses things... I believe the second tie-break is likely divisional record... Bombers are done with a 5-5 record, BC currently at 2-5 and Edm at 5-4... so again, a lot riding on this BC/Edm game with the loser being the most likely candidate for the cross-over... 

I'm actually looking forward to this game now after doing all this analysis!

Edited by bearpants

9 hours ago, bearpants said:

Just looked into this a bit... Edm beat BC by 4 in week 14... so an Edm win gives them the tie-break and a BC win by 5 or more gives BC the tie-break... Wpg has the tie break over BC.... and Edm has it over Wpg so if all teams end up 11-7 it would depend on what happens this weekend... but if BC takes the tie-breaker with Edm that really confuses things... I believe the second tie-break is likely divisional record... Bombers are done with a 5-5 record, BC currently at 2-5 and Edm at 5-4... so again, a lot riding on this BC/Edm game with the loser being the most likely candidate for the cross-over... 

Thanks for clearing the muddy water somewhat.

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

Gonna be a good race to finish the season. I  hope we either cross over or host the semi.