Playoff Bound

Jpan85

27 minutes ago, do or die said:

Given we have the tie-breaker against BC........anything less than 2nd, at this point would be a massive fail.

I wouldnt say thatd be a massive failure. Ending up as the cross over team is a good spot to be in. Cross over or home play off game is a great spot either way. Plus the turn around from previous years and the first 1/3 of the season really we are playing with house money at this point. 

5 hours ago, do or die said:

Given we have the tie-breaker against BC........anything less than 2nd, at this point would be a massive fail.

Really? A massive fail?  We're tied with BC in wins right now, but it would only take 1 bad PI call against us and we're back in third, or worse.  I guess I just can't agree with that line of thought.

19 hours ago, O2L said:

I predict: 

Edm loss to Ham, securing their crossover. 

BC split with SSK

WPG split with OTT

If WPG wins this week and BC loses, we clinch 2nd. 

I agree with the standings but I think it'll play out differently... BC splits Sask but starts by losing the Moasic farewell... Bombers/RBs split as well but we win this week to secure 2nd place and lose next week while resting some starters in the second half (since Ott will need that win for 1st  in the east)... meanwhile Edm wins out and finishes in the cross over spot despite having the best record in the East at 10-8...

Final Standings:

West
1) Calgary 16-1-1 
2) Winnipeg 11-7
3) BC 11-7

East:
1) Ottawa 8-9-1
2) Hamilton 8-10
3) Edmonton 10-8

So basically it comes down to if the bombers win... the worst they could finish is third .. best is 2nd with a bc loss and bomber win..

Looks like the west semi will be wpg vs BC but not sure where it's played yet.... that seems most likely as I think all 3 will win next week. 

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

So basically it comes down to if the bombers win... the worst they could finish is third .. best is 2nd with a bc loss and bomber win..

Looks like the west semi will be wpg vs BC but not sure where it's played yet.... that seems most likely as I think all 3 will win next week. 

Could the bombers not fall to 4th if they lose? BC would be ahead of us, and we'd be tied with Edmonton who I believe has the tiebreak on us. So in that case bombers are 4th and cross over

20 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Could the bombers not fall to 4th if they lose? BC would be ahead of us, and we'd be tied with Edmonton who I believe has the tiebreak on us. So in that case bombers are 4th and cross over

Like I said I think all 3 of wpg bc and EDM win. 

On 10/30/2016 at 2:49 AM, brett_c_b said:

And deservedly so- quite a fall from two weeks ago.

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 7:18 AM, tracker said:

And deservedly so- quite a fall from two weeks ago.

What fall? We were tied for 2nd in the west. We are now 3rd. What an epic fail. You need a new schtick tho cuz this one was old months ago now.  

Edited by Goalie