Playoff Bound

Jpan85

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Gonna be a good race to finish the season. I  hope we either cross over or host the semi. 

I'm just giddy over the prospect of playing in the playoffs. FINALLY!

bliss1.gif

I was just running some of the numbers for a 3 way tie scenario. 

1st tie-breaker:  has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League,

Non-factor, there won't be two ties to give teams the points needed to make a tie without an even number of wins.

2nd tie-breaker:  has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),

Right now Winnipeg would have 3/5 wins against the tied clubs. Edm is currently at 3/4, and could lockup this tie-breaker if they beat BC again. If BC wins, they would still lose this tie breaker as they would only have 1 win vs. the tied clubs. Assuming BC pulls it out and wins, that would bring Winnipeg and Edmonton even, for the 

3RD TIE-BREAKER!!!:  has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),

The Edmonton 40-26 win Vs Winnipeg basically seals it for them. I don't know if they would bring all 3 teams down into this tie breaker, as BC is already last of the group based on the 2nd criteria. If the BC points matter, then Edm ends up +15, Wpg -6 and BC -9, pending the outcome of this weekend. If BC wins by 22 or more, that would put WPG ahead of Edm, but could BC steal the tie breaker with the best points for-against vs. tied clubs, even though they had the worst 2nd tie breaker? If BC wins by exactly 21, Edm and Winnipeg tie at -6 and we go to 4th tie breaker, which is boring. Just points for divided by points against. Edm wins that over Wpg, as there is only one score that could force that tie breaker. 

TL:DR; Other poster was probably right. Edm finishes on top of pretty much any 3 way tie scenario, Wpg as the 3rd place west team, and BC to the cross over.

Just now, bearpants said:

They don't need to... but you're right in that it would guarantee 2nd place...

I dont think the Esks will lose 2 of their final 3 games considering who will they be facing - BC, Ham & Tor 

So we would like the Lions to win tonight to at least make it easier for us. 

So I am looking at the standings and the way I see it, if the Bombers win one game then both of Edmonton or BC need to win 3 games to catch them.... Possible I suppose. Truthfully I am more worried about Edmonton catching the Bombers than I am BC just because of the tie breakers and the super soft Edmonton schedule to end the season but who knows. As it stands now even if the Bombers don't win again Edmonton still has to go 2 out of 3 to pass us, and BC of course is the wild card. 

Just ******* win, it's that much easier. I'd be OK with a 12 win season. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Riders are cleaning up the meaningless games cup. Lower their draft position and playing spoiler all for not. 

Its all meaningless if you don't win the cup, that is the goal....  After that its just degree's of losing isn't it?

trying to get going in the right direction to head into next year on a good note is not all for not in my books

Edited by Ripper

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

We are playing better and I do not see BC winning in the final game at Mosaic

I'm not sure you needed to justify it to someone who agrees with you... but I also agree... I think BC and Sask will split the last 2 games...

I think Edm has a good shot to win out... if they beat BC tomorrow they finish the season against Ham and Tor... Ham might be a fight if they're still in the running for 1st but Tor should be a simple blow out...

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Its all meaningless if you don't win the cup, that is the goal....  After that its just degree's of losing isn't it?

trying to get going in the right direction to head into next year on a good note is not all for not in my books

It's meaningless because they didn't start winning until they were all but eliminated from the playoffs. Once the pressure was off boom wins start happening, not a coincidence. 

The Riders to me really depend on what happens with Darian Durant. He's the key to that team and if they **** him around and opt for a younger guy I don't think it will end well. 

Aside from the fact that I think the Eskimos are playing better than the Lions right now, and they also have what is a weaker remaining schedule, BC and Edm are in equal spots as far as chasing down the bombers. Both need 2 wins to get past us, and both have an extra game to play. You can pencil in the loser of the bc-edm game this week as the cross-over team.

1 hour ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Aside from the fact that I think the Eskimos are playing better than the Lions right now, and they also have what is a weaker remaining schedule, BC and Edm are in equal spots as far as chasing down the bombers. Both need 2 wins to get past us, and both have an extra game to play. You can pencil in the loser of the bc-edm game this week as the cross-over team.

2 more than us, if Edmonton wins 2 games and the bombers win just 1 they're still sitting behind us. Or are we still pretending like this Bomber team is the one that sucks and is likely to lose out the season? Do we forget that we're one of the best teams in the league this year?

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

2 more than us, if Edmonton wins 2 games and the bombers win just 1 they're still sitting behind us. Or are we still pretending like this Bomber team is the one that sucks and is likely to lose out the season? Do we forget that we're one of the best teams in the league this year?

....my nose is sore......

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:26 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Rather lost in the Grey Cup then lose the West final.

I disagree. Heartbreaking losing the cup. I'd rather not be in the game than lose it. Obviously there are no guarantees so the team needs to just win when ever they can. I'm speaking from the fan perspective only. One key point though for the team, a cup loss gives them fire for the next season.

So the new scenarios are now as follows if I'm not mistaken:

Edm for 2nd only happens if they win out and both Wpg and BC lose out. 

BC for second only happens if they win one more game than WPG in final two (we lose out and they split with SSK or we split with OTT and they sweep SSK)

WPG for 2nd is the highest percentage possibility, because BC needs to finish ahead of us, not just tied, and EDM needs two wins to tie and two WPG losses. 

I predict: 

Edm loss to Ham, securing their crossover. 

BC split with SSK

WPG split with OTT

If WPG wins this week and BC loses, we clinch 2nd. 

Edm will beat Ham for sure.  Sask will be lucky to get a split with BC, but let's be generous and say yes. Ott would be very fortunate to take either game from Wpg, but again, let's be generous. 

I still see us in 2nd when it's all said and done...