Lions at Bombers GDT

Nolby

i think the offense will play their best yet. lapo might have a surprise package with harris and flanders both in the lineup. both are good on the run, catching the ball and protection. 

my worry really lies in the defense. i dont think bend-dont-break d will not work vs the leos. their receivers are big and physical and they are good running team.

rainey also worries me. finch killed the bombers by giving blm a good field position. if our st team will not show up in first half, this game will be over by the halftime break.

Both teams defenses are suspect. BC has the better offense and tops the league in rushing. We are 5th against the run, so the cool weather may play into their strength.

BC has the highest punt and punt return averages. We have the best average against punt returns and we beat them in FG %.

BC's number 1 in penalties taken. We are 7th.

BC's only given the ball away 22 times (We're @ 21 having played one less game). We lead the league in takeaways @ 45 for a +24 (BC's @ -1).

Home field hasn't been much of an advantage for us.

A BC win means they get a playoff spot and likely 2nd in the West. A Bomber win means we keep our 2nd hopes alive. Both the Argos and the Als need to lose for us to get a playoff spot this weekend.

I can hardly wait for the game to start. Should be a playoff atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I honestly think that Jennings is such a gun slinger there will be chances for turn overs. Just gotta have the offense going cause he's probably going to make some plays as well. Keep up and win when the mistake happens. That's what they did on the streak, need to do it now

A turnover is really valuable when you can make points off the turnovers, and the Bombers have not been able to do that consistently. That could make the difference today.

5 minutes ago, tracker said:

A turnover is really valuable when you can make points off the turnovers, and the Bombers have not been able to do that consistently. That could make the difference today.

Points off turn over are huge, game changing events. They can be really big too, if they help you flip bad field position even if you dont score though too. If you force a turn over in the red zone then drive for 2-3 first downs get a good punt and pin em deep in there own end thats massive momentum and a good rest for the D. But yeah scoring off turn overs is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Points off turn over are huge, game changing events. They can be really big too, if they help you flip bad field position even if you dont score though too. If you force a turn over in the red zone then drive for 2-3 first downs get a good punt and pin em deep in there own end thats massive momentum and a good rest for the D. But yeah scoring off turn overs is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. 

Thanks for the education...not sure any of us would have figured that out!