Drew Willy

iso_55

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Come now, Willy just needs time to get his game back.  It's only fair that he take every Argo snap for the remainder of this season and maybe through next season to rediscover his mojo.  Pinball will fill his head daily with inspirational thoughts.

You're cold, man. C-c-c-cold. Be nice to Willy.

27 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Man we raped the Argos on that Willy trade. It makes me happy, and ALMOST makes up a bit for that dirty hit by Eiben on Glenn that cost us the 2007 Grey Cup  ... ;)

I have watched that hit many times and I honestly don't think it was dirty.  Just bad luck.  Blame Charles Roberts if you want to blame anybody for botching the hand-off at 2:35.  ARGH....still burns my butt....

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have watched that hit many times and I honestly don't think it was dirty.  Just bad luck.  Blame Charles Roberts if you want to blame anybody for botching the hand-off.  ARGH....still burns my butt....

I blame Dom Picard for those terrible snaps ;). Holy Hanna how old is that guy, can't believe he was starting for us just last season :blink:

In all fairness Willy while here did take some brutal hits. Those 79 sacks in one year regardless who's fault they were plus probably as many other hits might have finished breaking the man. Though I am really happy we were able to get rid of a huge salary and get first picks and Heath, I have to admire the man for never having blamed any of his team mates for his problems..  MOS gave him five games to try and work it out but it did not happen. The Best to him in Toronto.

7 hours ago, IC Khari said:

I blame Dom Picard for those terrible snaps ;). Holy Hanna how old is that guy, can't believe he was starting for us just last season :blink:

I met and spoke with everyone's favourite o-lineman later in that off-season (Matt Sheridan)... and he wasn't shy about placing the blame on Picard... 

But watching that 2007 team... biggest difference between that team and this year's... big, impact receivers... 2007 had 2 or 3... this year, I fear we may have none... also I've mentioned this a few times in the past... loved those retro gold jerseys...

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have watched that hit many times and I honestly don't think it was dirty.  Just bad luck.  Blame Charles Roberts if you want to blame anybody for botching the hand-off at 2:35.  ARGH....still burns my butt....

Glenn was on the radio talking about this recently.  He refused to assign blame but he did say that he and Roberts had discussed it since and both agreed there should never have been an option to hand off or not on the play.

1 hour ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

Glenn was on the radio talking about this recently.  He refused to assign blame but he did say that he and Roberts had discussed it since and both agreed there should never have been an option to hand off or not on the play.

Definitely agree the hit wasn't dirty... I mean he was diving for a loose ball and bad luck put Glenn's arm in a place to get broken

6 hours ago, IC Khari said:

I know the hit wasn't dirty, I'm just looking for excuses to hate the Argos and I can't, they've helped us too much recently ;) 

Toronto is so easy to hate and Eiben was always a dirtbag as were players like Murphy and Kuale. As a team, the Argos have never had any regard for the safety of players on the other team. Lots of questionable hits on our QBs over the years too.

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

Willy the rest of the way for the Argo's?....IF he plays as good as he did in their last outing, I think the no 1 overall in 17 is looking pretty good...lol  

The last time I heard that line was when Goltz was anointed the starter....that didn't work out well for anybody.

12 hours ago, JCon said:

I have no ill wishes for Willy but why would I want him to do well? There are eight teams in this league that I want to fail miserably each week, Argos included.

He plays for the Argos now. If he fails  I won't feel any worse for him than if Dan LeFevour gets cut.