Drew Willy

iso_55

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

1. We had guys likes Picard and Morley getting beat snap after snap

2. Reilly usually gets hit when he scrambles to extend plays. He has a very reckless playing style - that's not on his OL

3. Given what the Argos gave up to get him - they are clearly of the belief that Drew Willy can still be effective

Reilly wouldn't have to scramble so much if he had a good oline

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:22 PM, iso_55 said:

Why? The guy is gone now. Whatever he does or doesn't do is the Argos problem now. Personally, I'm glad he's been traded. We got a frigging first rounder & TJ Heath for giving up a what is truly a 2nd or 3rd string qb.

Some of us don't boo a guy and wish bad things upon him simply because he didn't play good football for us.

Willy was a professional and a great guy in the community. I have no problem cheering for a guy like that when he's not playing us and I have no idea what goes on in the head of people who think he should be treated like the plague.

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I hate this argument with a passion. Pros make obvious mistakes all the time. Who here believed that the Argos were better off going with Ray than Trevor Harris? What did the Argos do?

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?  

Pros make mistakes, but no one can say that the Argos made a mistake by trading for Drew just yet.  Give him time to get acclimated, learn the full offense and most importantly, have an actual training camp next season, then see what happens from there.

Quite frankly, I think Milanovich has lost it. First he chooses Ray over Collaros and then Harris. Then he talks up Willy before trading for him, which drives up the price he has to pay. Then he over pays big time in draft picks, players and takes on a huge contract for a backup reclamation project QB. Then he fires 3 of his best receivers. Then he says that the Argos are a better team because of it. Oh yah! Almost forgot that his team is most likely not going to make the playoffs this year.

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?  

Pros make mistakes, but no one can say that the Argos made a mistake by trading for Drew just yet.  Give him time to get acclimated, learn the full offense and most importantly, have an actual training camp next season, then see what happens from there.

It is for sure true that letting Harris go and keeping Ray was something lots of us saw as nuts, but Harris is not the first young QB with a future that the Argos dug up. It seems to me that people have areas of expertise and blind spots. Finding usable QB's is one of the Argos strength and not keeping them is one of their weaknesses. 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Quite frankly, I think Milanovich has lost it. First he chooses Ray over Collaros and then Harris. Then he talks up Willy before trading for him, which drives up the price he has to pay. Then he over pays big time in draft picks, players and takes on a huge contract for a backup reclamation project QB. Then he fires 3 of his best receivers. Then he says that the Argos are a better team because of it. Oh yah! Almost forgot that his team is most likely not going to make the playoffs this year.

Yet, here we all stand.

• 6 hours ago, tracker said:

The reason why Willy's play has been so bad is almost irrelevant- he is what he is, and what he is is broken.

Broken player on a broken team its a bad combo. With that Ol, lack of run game, and now lack of proven wrs its not gonna be pretty for willy.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Some of us don't boo a guy and wish bad things upon him simply because he didn't play good football for us.

Willy was a professional and a great guy in the community. I have no problem cheering for a guy like that when he's not playing us and I have no idea what goes on in the head of people who think he should be treated like the plague.

Where did I say I'd boo him or wish him bad things? I said I didn't care anymore. Did you even read what I thought about Willy's courage coming back after his injury on this thread? No mention of that. Just that you think I boo him & wish him bad things. That's wrong & you know it.

Edited by iso_55

6 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I hate this argument with a passion. Pros make obvious mistakes all the time. Who here believed that the Argos were better off going with Ray than Trevor Harris? What did the Argos do?

Plenty of teams have hung on to a vet QB because they thought he'd take them to one more championship. But That still doesn't prove that the Argos made a mistake with Willy. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I've watched the Argos play wildly inconsistent football for years, some times very good but often very bad, so I don't buy into the opinion that Milanovich is a great coach.  I think this is probably his final year as HC and if anybody in the Argos head-office is paying attention to the ongoing ****-show  below them they might give Barker the boot as well.

26 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Where did I say I'd boo him or wish him bad things? I said I didn't care anymore.

You didn't.  RR wrote this:

On 10/2/2016 at 3:55 PM, rebusrankin said:

I hope Willy turns it around. I mean I hope for next year and beyond but I still hope for it.

To which you replied this:

On 10/2/2016 at 6:22 PM, iso_55 said:

Why? The guy is gone now. Whatever he does or doesn't do is the Argos problem now. Personally, I'm glad he's been traded. We got a frigging first rounder & TJ Heath for giving up a what is truly a 2nd or 3rd string qb.

Which asked the question that Mike answered:

5 hours ago, Mike said:

So it seems like a normal conversation to me and no one has accused you of being a bad person.  I'd speculate that the line you think was directed at you was responding to some of the other sentiments expressed in this thread, but they weren't obliging enough to frame it as a question, which you did.

And at this point I'm pretty sure society would be much better off without the internet.  It doesn't seem like we know how to use it.

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

You didn't.  RR wrote this:

To which you replied this:

Which asked the question that Mike answered:

So it seems like a normal conversation to me and no one has accused you of being a bad person.  I'd speculate that the line you think was directed at you was responding to some of the other sentiments expressed in this thread, but they weren't obliging enough to frame it as a question, which you did.

And at this point I'm pretty sure society would be much better off without the internet.  It doesn't seem like we know how to use it.

Appreciate your thoughts mbrg regarding the internet & how things can get misconstrued. Never once have I wished Drew Willy bad luck, say I'd boo him or hope that he'd suck as an Argos qb. Mike could have said things a lot different as he intimates I will be booing Willy or want bad things to happen to him which I don't. So, I think his comments were directed at me.

My point is now that Willy plays for another team that he's just another player to me. I won't cheer for or against him. I don't wish him bad or good luck. I do hope he can stay clear of injury. If he does well I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't well that's just the way it goes. And for gosh sakes before someone says anything else here, please read my last post about the way I feel about Drew's courage coming back from his knee injury. Does that post even give a hint that I'm going to boo him or want bad things to happen to him???

Edited by iso_55

19 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You seem to be piling a lot of Barker's decisions onto Milanovich here.

13 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Appreciate your thoughts mbrg regarding the internet & how things can get misconstrued. Never once have I wished Drew Willy bad luck, say I'd boo him or hope that he'd suck as an Argos qb. Mike could have said things a lot different as he intimates I will be booing Willy or want bad things to happen to him which I don't. So, I think his comments were directed at me.

My point is now that Willy plays for another team that he's just another player to me. I won't cheer for or against him. I don't wish him bad or good luck. I do hope he can stay clear of injury. If he does well I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't well that's just the way it goes. And for gosh sakes before someone says anything else here, please read my last post about the way I feel about Drew's courage coming back from his knee injury. Does that post even give a hint that I'm going to boo him or want bad things to happen to him???

MBRG pretty much nailed it in regards to explaining my post. I didn't say anything about you.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

MBRG pretty much nailed it in regards to explaining my post. I didn't say anything about you.

I'm glad  that as there's been a few vocal critics of Willy. I'm not one of them even though I will admit I was happy to see him go for what we got in return. He's been given another chance with the Argos & has to make the most of it.

5 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I'm glad  that as there's been a few vocal critics of Willy. I'm not one of them even though I will admit I was happy to see him go for what we got in return. He's been given another chance with the Argos & has to make the most of it.

For what we got, I would've driven him to the airport myself. But I can't help but cheer for the guy against anybody but us. I have no hard feelings towards him.

Yes Willy had been playing like crap and I really hope his trade was somewhat mutually agreed upon. There is something about that young man, his competitive spirit and willingness to do whatever it took to win. We saw it early in his time with us and it was excruciating to see him take the beating he took behind our awful Oline. We broke him and got rid of him when he could no longer perform. That's life in the world of professional sports. Fortune has not been kind to Drew Willy and I hope that he one day stands on top of the mountain having realized his dream of winning a championship. He will have surely earned it.

There was one game in particular that made me a Willy fan -- the 2015 Week 6 game against BC.  We'd gotten completely owned by Edmonton the week before because Willy got hurt early and Brohm came in and brohm'd it up. 

Against BC, Willy came back early from his injury and played super gutsy football, rushing for 72 yards even though you could tell he was in pain, and we beat BC pretty good. Watching the way the team responded to having him out there, he really did look like a legit QB and leader and core of the franchise. Obviously that's not the way it worked out, but Willy earned a ton of goodwill from me with that game and that's why I'm rooting for him to get his game sorted out.

Sadly, that was basically his last hurrah as a Bomber, his season-ending injury happened the next week and the next time we saw him it was 2016.

Edited by johnzo